• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I dont really see the big controversy with steam and some peoples compulsory need to go on a crusade against it. If you dont like it... just dont use it.
There are plenty of other digital distributors wich offers more or less the same merchandise as steam does, why dont you take a look at one of them.

What I hate about Steam is that it makes me feel as if I do not actually own the game I've bought. Or, at the very least, that I share it with someone else.

I dont really see the big controversy with steam and some peoples compulsory need to go on a crusade against it. If you dont like it... just dont use it.
There are plenty of other digital distributors wich offers more or less the same merchandise as steam does, why dont you take a look at one of them.

Completely agree. I love steam and would much rather buy a game off it than a retail boxed version.

Very handy to be able to download your games after deleting them, and you don't have to go searching for a CD key.

What I hate about Steam is that it makes me feel as if I do not actually own the game I've bought. Or, at the very least, that I share it with someone else.
You don't actually own the software in a boxed game either, all you've bought is a license to use that software.