+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How Do I Force the Coring Event?

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k club

How Do I Force the Coring Event?

I do play the game normally, Im just currently interested in figuring out how to get around some annoying provinces that dont core. I understand that the two parts for the coring events have the ids 0861501 and 0861502 respectivly, and I know that the province ids are 1257 and 1252. How do I use the events to get cores on these provinces? If i just type in the coring events id i get the results on my capital. Please teach me!
    Voltaire - "I would rather be ruled by one lion than by one hundred rats."

My Inkwell

Creator and GM of the OT Forum Game
    Evil Genius: Mastermind

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

As much as I disagree with your goal, what you want to do for province events is "event <event#> <prov#>" so "event 861502 1257" will give you a core on Kalmar. You don't need to do the gaining control event if you're skipping straight to awarding the core.
    Is there any reason you want to expedite the process? Why not wait for it to happen naturally?
    Ex-MEIOU fellow (on a long unplanned hiatus, may go back later) - AARland Fan of the Week: 3 Feb '13

<Between Characters> in ThunderHawk3's Edge of Europe - A Belgian Interactive AAR (Previous characters: Palomer, Cartier,
    Jean de Croÿ, Willems-Hopegood)

Maybe it is a situation like mine, I've been waiting for a certain province to core so that I can move my capital there, but it has been over 80 years since I gained that province and I still don't even have gaining control on it, while all the provinces around it that I gained at the same time or about 10 years later have cored.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by SirkTheMonkey View Post
    As much as I disagree with your goal, what you want to do for province events is "event <event#> <prov#>" so "event 861502 1257" will give you a core on Kalmar. You don't need to do the gaining control event if you're skipping straight to awarding the core.
    Is there any reason you want to expedite the process? Why not wait for it to happen naturally?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkMaster View Post
    Maybe it is a situation like mine, I've been waiting for a certain province to core so that I can move my capital there, but it has been over 80 years since I gained that province and I still don't even have gaining control on it, while all the provinces around it that I gained at the same time or about 10 years later have cored.
    Thanks for the help. Truth be told, its all for the desire of prettier borders. Several other provinces of mine have cored, and ill soon turn into Denmark-Norway. I want Denmark to be left with all the provinces it controlled for over a hundred years to be left as cores, rather than just lands without anyone having a claim. Don't worry about my goals, Ive got a game with Great Britian ongoing and ive got a bunch of provinces that Ill wait to core naturally.

My Inkwell

Turns out I need not to have done it after all. When I formed Denmark-Norway, all of my cores that were not of Denmark proper from the very start of the game disappeared so as to be replaced with cores for Denmark-Norway . All well. At least it ensures that I wont have Denmark popping up in Norway any time soon!

My Inkwell

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    83 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapscott View Post
    Turns out I need not to have done it after all. When I formed Denmark-Norway, all of my cores that were not of Denmark proper from the very start of the game disappeared so as to be replaced with cores for Denmark-Norway . All well. At least it ensures that I wont have Denmark popping up in Norway any time soon!
    Working as designed, and vanilla : your cores change at same time as you change tag... seems logical to me.

Moreover, if you are playing Denmark forming Denmark-Norway, wouldn't be strange to have Denmark popping up ?
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • Europa Universalis IV •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Français | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    • Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp. •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    • Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication •
    • Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club ! •

Quote Originally Posted by gigau View Post

Working as designed, and vanilla : your cores change at same time as you change tag... seems logical to me.

Moreover, if you are playing Denmark forming Denmark-Norway, wouldn't be strange to have Denmark popping up ?
    No your right, its just that some cores I had acquried while playing as Denmark, cores that weren't in Norway, disappeared. Not all of my cores disappeared though, at least not the cores in Denmark proper (which makes perfect sense) Im just a bit confused as to why some of my cores disappeared when they weren't gained from the personal union with Norway.

My Inkwell

83 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    No your right, its just that some cores I had acquried while playing as Denmark, cores that weren't in Norway, disappeared. Not all of my cores disappeared though, at least not the cores in Denmark proper (which makes perfect sense) Im just a bit confused as to why some of my cores disappeared when they weren't gained from the personal union with Norway.
    Not sure i had understood you correctly... You mean you had some cores on conquered provinces as Denmark... You become Denmark-Norway and then you lose completely the core (and have to go back through the entire coring chain of events) ?
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Français | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop

Not sure i had understood you correctly... You mean you had some cores on conquered provinces as Denmark... You become Denmark-Norway and then you lose completely the core (and have to go back through the entire coring chain of events) ?
    Ah no. The cores Denmark had outside of Denmark proper was replaced with cores from Denmark-Norway.

My Inkwell

83 games registered

Blog Entries
    Ah no. The cores Denmark had outside of Denmark proper was replaced with cores from Denmark-Norway.
    And the Danish cores in Denmark remained, and Denmark-Norway cores were added ?

Well, it worked as designed then.
    •

And the Danish cores in Denmark remained, and Denmark-Norway cores were added ?

Well, it worked as designed then.
    No problem then. Glad to hear everythings Kosher.

My Inkwell

83 games registered

Blog Entries
    •

+ Reply to Thread