• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kordanor

Private
20 Badges
Jul 13, 2012
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Prison Architect
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
Heya,

i just started my first session and realized that you can disable buildings. However, I am not quite sure how this mechanic works or whether it is bugged or not.

So, when I built a Goblins Guild this building has an upkeep of one food and one gold.
Now, if I disable it, my total income and food rises by one (top left). This seems logical.

But what makes me wondering:
In the bottom left summary of the city, I actually get the amount subtracted if I disable it. It looks like I only have to pay upkeep in this summary when I disable it. My guess is that this is a display bug?
Even if the building is disabled I can still build the units from this building (e.g. archers) - so what is the point of keeping it enabled and paying the upkeep?

The substraction in city view is a display bug, yes.

That it allows you to circumvent upkeep is a game bug.
Hopefully the patch fixes it, or people aware of it have quite a bit of (cheated) advantage in multiplayer upon those who don't...