+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trade income so low???

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Trade income so low???

I am playing as Serbia in the year 1370 something...anyways I have 3 traders in venexia and the total trade there is worth 2415 yet I am making a measely 1.95?? Also I had 5 traders in Eguru at some point that had a total trade value of something like 1500 and I was making less than 2 as well. Is this a bug of some kind?

There is no point trying to trade as Serbia early in the game, your sliders values give you massive penalties to trade efficiency.

Also, some nations just seem to have low efficiency for what appears to be no reason I can determine. Byzantium and the hordes have terrible trade (like 1%) despite other nations having in the teens with similar sliders.

But as time goes on this will get better. Slider moves and technology will be your friends.

Ship Simulator Extremes

Let's break it down.

the trade value of the centre of trade is worth 2500 for simplicity's sake
    You have 3 merchants there, which gives you 3/20ths of the value anually: 375 ducats. That's about 32 ducats per month
    This value is then multiplied by your trade efficiency. For such an abysmal country with terrible sliders and the wrath of god, it's hardly surprising that you only end up with pennies. This can be made drastically better if you invest time, money, slider changes and national ideas into trade. If your Trade Efficiency ends up being over 100%, you can make -more- than the trade value of the Centre of Trade if you hold a monopoly with empty seats (no other nations trading there)

Also note that your merchants will be out-competed by almost any western country who is even slightly advantaged in tech or free-trade.

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    80 games registered

200k clubCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    I was surprised when seeing the title of the thread... as usually people complain that money comes too easy

As for your question, Gnosis, i'd say like above : invest and improve your trade before actually sending merchants.
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • Europa Universalis IV •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Auretus Ornithorhynchus anatinus, in hoc signo vinces. In honorem Paradox! •
    • Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp. •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    • Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication •
    • Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club ! •

+ Reply to Thread