• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(520133)

Private
6 Badges
Jul 8, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • For the Motherland
  • Pirates of Black Cove
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
I am in the middle of a game playing as poland. i have conquered the 4 Lithuanian territories but there is a problem......the war is not ending. The warscore is 100% on my favor and to request peace i would only get 1 territory. Is there any way to conquer a whole country instead of just 1 county at a time?

thank you

Unless you have a personal claim on an entire duchy/kingdom/empire?

I'm afraid not. Holy wars are an option against Pagans and Muslims, and those target entire duchies, but it doesn't sound like that's what you used as your CB.

In Crusader Kings II wars work differently from most other games. You decide the terms of the war before it begins... For example if you have a claim on one province the war is fought for only that province. You can't simply take territory that you have no claim to as the population of those territories along with the pope and other European powers simply wouldn't accept your authority over the new territories.

In short you can't ask for more than what the war is being fought over.

so what now, i spent time and money conquering lands im not fit to own. What would be my next course of action?

I wouldn't consider occupying those provinces to be a waste, since you -did- net yourself one province.

If you're fighting Pagans, just holy war. If you're fighting Christians, try to marry into the family owning the title. Otherwise, you'll just have to conquer a title one province at a time.

Enforce a surrender, with 100% its a given. And look elsewhere while preparing for the next war, its absolutely pointless to pursue wars past 100% (or more often than not 75%) unless its an invasion CB.

If you only generated a claim for one county, then thats what you will get. If you generate more then 1, sometimes you will have the option to, "Press All Claims" which allows you to take all 4 counties if you had a claim on each

When you declare war against the Chief of Lithuania, you should have numerous options for determining your CB (basically the thing that states what you want out of the war.) These may vary from personal claims, de jure claims, invasions, or holy wars.

Select a Holy War for whatever duchy you want from Lithuania, then launch the war. Upon winning the war, you will then be given -all- holdings, counties and baron-level holdings within the duchy.

ok but the only way to do that is during times of peace. What would you do in my situation?
I guess i would get that 1 province and then what? Would there be a dreaded 10 year peace treaty?

Just with Lithuania, yes. You can break that at the cost of prestige and negative relations with all Pagans, though.

Also, since Poland is surrounded by Pagans, you could probably smash your way through other tribes during that peace treaty with Lithuania.