• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello, Brad

It's Math here, a student of History and International Affairs! I am absolutely in love with this game since it is a great simulator of those times which have always been in my mind, since I was a kid. I've always loved the Middle Ages, that peculiar enviroment and every single aspect regarding it fascinates me. I remember back when I was a child and had my grandpa to tell me stories about muslim invasions towards Iberia and the formation of the almighty Portugal. That is why I think I deserve it!

My steam username is: suchasme.

Thank you very much!

Hi Brad.

My steam user name is xquzxyzqu and I'd like to win Muslim ruler DLC so that I could play as one of the Musliim rulers and show the AI Muslims how one should properly conquer the City of the World's desire. I wan to see the walls of the Eternal City crumbele before my armies; to see the greatest of temples spread the glory of Islam; to see my enemies driven before me as I sit upon the throne of Caesars. Also because being able to have 4 wives sounds way better than what that man in Rome demands of the followers of his faith.

Thanks for the opportunity, even if I don't win.

Hi Brad.

My steam name is Kalmatos, I would like the Crusader Kings II SoI DLCs(because I already own Ruler Designers) due to the fact that I have already spent many MANY hours into this game and I absolutely love it. I literally spent every waking hours of my first week of owning this game just playing it, so even though I am very busy right now, I would like to have the chance to just be able to try the game.

Thank you very much!

Wait, do you draw the winners randomly or just choose those posts you liked the best?
\

Choosing the posts I like best, like for example 'I want the dlc because it would be fun' wouldn't win, but a thought out explained reason why you deserve it will/might be picked.

I guess I kind of misunderstood the idea. If it's possible I'd like to change my reasoning. Why do I deserve the SoI DLC? Well, I do have a few small contributions to the EU3 patches (e.g. the balance between Castille and North Africa http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?595650-Game-Balance-Issues-Castille&highlight=, the state of the Republic of Ragusa http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...a-one-of-the-main-rivals-of-Venice&highlight=, the historical borders of the Aztec empire http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...orical-borders-of-the-Aztec-Empire&highlight=, the American missions http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?594863-Issues-with-American-missions&highlight= - quite a lot of those changes made it into 5.2 beta). I'm quite new to the game of CKII and don't yet know the game well enough to contribute anything but with the SoI I could also hope to contribute to the betterment of the CkII Muslim gameplay.

How very generous of you, Brad.

It's a shame I already got every DLC myself, but it's nice to see that even the greedy bastards get a chance to play them...

Feel free to change your reasoning.

Well in that case, I might as well change mine to be something not short and stupid. I would like the Ruler DLC, because the possibility of creating totally new characters to the stage of history fascinates me. Seeing how differing scenarios in the game can change as a result of a single person being different, saying a different Norwegian King besides Harold Hardrada. The Ruler Designer is also the only DLC besides Sword of Islam that truly intrigues me, and I would love to test it out to see how it really changes the game.

Feel free to change your reasoning.

In that case i want the SoI DLC because i'm interested in how the muslims play as and how the decadence system and other things like different succession laws, multiple wives(always a great thing)and all the other great features were implemented in the game. I also am interested in muslim culture during the european dark ages and how it is implemented in the game.
You gave away all the Ruler Designer DLC i believe but my reason would be to create my family's dynasty and create the ultimate dynasty to rule all of the lands in the CK2 world.

P.S Sorry for not answering you on Steam i was away and forgot to turn off my PC:mellow:

My steam id is "hop".

I would like the ruler designer DLC to create myself as a playable character and try to see if my "dynasty" can go from humble beginnings as a Count to something greater, like a King, or if it will go down without letting a trace in history. And I imagine some events would sound more personnal if I happen to be the victim.

If I had to choose, I'd definitely want the Ruler Designer. I'd like it because the character creation is often my one of the best parts of games for me, and to add that part to the already great DL would be wonderful, not to mention the greater roleplaying potential it would bring to the game.

Anyways, thanks a lot for doing this for the community. You are a great and generous person and gets seven internets. That is all of them.

edit: My Steam ID is TomDoubtley, by the way. Typical of me to forget that part.

Last edited:
Hello,
i just registered here beacuse i buy'd CKII on Steam Sale.
I would like to win Sword of Islam DLC 'cos i didn't have enough money to buy it and it's only dlc worth having except that ruler designer but i'm to noob to have it, yet. :)
Thank you.

Hello Brad, I would love to win the SoI DLC in order to be able to play Muslim factions. As a student of Arabic Civilization and Islamic Law it would be interesting for me to see some of what I study in action. Living in Greece, money's a bit tight so I will have to save up in order to purchase the DLC. I really understand that some people may deserve this more than I do, so whatever choice you make will be fine.

Cheers,
.Hobbes

(steam name: homer678)

I'll take a shot at this.

My Steam name is Jetpack9876. I'd love a copy of the ruler design DLC as after some 30 years of roleplaying games, I have tons of characters I would love to create and use in CK II. Which my wife can attest to being a new addiction. Though, I don't think I could get my Wolfen Paladin from Palladium to work. Which is a darn shame. And I'll have to wait for the Pagans to be able to play my Celtic warden.

Regardless, it is very nice to provide free codes to people on the forums.

Edit - with the sale, I'm going to pick up the ruler design now. However, if you want to give a Sword of Islam code, I won't complain. :p

Last edited: