Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: plz help me i am stranded in boston!

plz help me i am stranded in boston!

I was out fishing in the north ocean and you can find my guy in the water not moving. The reason he won't move is that he has a Silt-Dwelling Mud snapper on his cursor. He cannot move for this reason and I have tried to reboot my computer and I've tried other ways that should work to let him move again... I don't know if this is a bug that I cant drop fish in water but its true I cant. So if this is a bug I am reporting it to paradox in this thread... (btw Jorb I heard in hnh that Jordan Clark had a wolf cape or some other dev. item... i would accept a developer item if this is a bug plz)

~Badtodabone
    "The work goes on, the cause endures, the hope still lives, and the dream shall never die."-John F. Kennedy- We all miss you

have you tried using the WASD keys to navigate to land?

Quote Originally Posted by Droj View Post
    have you tried using the WASD keys to navigate to land?
    i have tried WASD the mouse and all of movement options log out and back in but i can even put 2 people on the same account on at the same time...
    "The work goes on, the cause endures, the hope still lives, and the dream shall never die."-John F. Kennedy- We all miss you

Ask someone to stand where you are standing and log out, then when you log back on you should be booted to your homestead/boston. You'll lose everything you're carrying but at least you wont be stuck.

Unless you don't disappear when you log out over water, in that case this is a rough bug you found.

when i log out im still online is what it says in kin

so i go nowhere

so im not able to lose it all

i have like 13 lures so i cant drop anything

Colonel

lol, was wondering why you have been standing there for avery long time...somebody lure a bear to this guy so he can KO from fear !
    Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. - Ozzy Osbourne

Quote Originally Posted by staxjax View Post
    lol, was wondering why you have been standing there for avery long time...somebody lure a bear to this guy so he can ko from fear !

no please dont i will lose like 13 lures and ill memorise you and you will end up repaying me no matter what ok???

Quote Originally Posted by staxjax View Post
    lol, was wondering why you have been standing there for avery long time...somebody lure a bear to this guy so he can KO from fear !
    Ive seen him afk in the Boston waters few hours earlier there so my guess is that maybe he was using some bot. Pretty weird actually.
    What about replacing the Silt-Dwelling Mudsnapper with one of the lures and then dropping the lure? I had the same kind of problems weeks ago but after a while it let me put the fish back in inventory.

The Wolf Cape part made my day...especially because it isnt even the bug reports forum, but thats actually the minor part of this sentence of the year.

52 games registered

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDungeonlandEast India Company Collection
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireLeviathan: WarshipsMagicka
    Majesty 2Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CirclePenumbra - Black Plague
    Pirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarStarvoid
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubTeleglitch: Die More Edition
    Europa Universalis IVWar of the VikingsWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Moving this to tech/bug.

If you can't use WASD (which you should be able to) the best solution would be a KO. Ask a friend that can pick up your items after you.
    Join the official War Franchise IRC here.
    Latest WotR patch notes
    Latest WotV patch notes

Lord Stein the Rook [GBS]: "You have a castle as a crest to house the people in your head."

Quote Originally Posted by Glennfinnan View Post
    The Wolf Cape part made my day...especially because it isnt even the bug reports forum, but thats actually the minor part of this sentence of the year.
    He deserves dev item! I propose: custom 'Silt-Dwelling Mud snapper cursor

Quote Originally Posted by TotalyMoo View Post
    the best solution would be a KO. Ask a friend that can pick up your items after you.
    Everything forcibly dropped in water will dissapear for good. (same for logging out while lifting something and standing on water. Lifted object will vanish.)

badtodabone: If you can't move at all(wsad/mouse) and can't drop anything then only dev can help you. Try dropping something further away on the screen. Sometimes Salem does not let me drop stuff when clicking in middle of screen and I have to click near window borders to get rid of unwanted item.

PS.This bug might have something to do with being unable to walk on deep water while holding something on cursor. I was trying a couple of times to move one extra deer meat with my cursor while passing river(moving with WSAD cause cursor was busy ;p). Could walk on shallow water but deep water always stopped me for good.
    Last edited by Chiprel; 13-07-2012 at 16:20.

Have you double checked that your swimming was on?

Moving this to tech/bug.

If you can't use WASD (which you should be able to) the best solution would be a KO. Ask a friend that can pick up your items after you.

i dont want to be KO'd because im in water and it will all disappear into the water... but if thats the only way...

can you KO me?

bear is best way...

Moving this to tech/bug.

i dont want to be KO'd because im in water and it will all disappear into the water... but if thats the only way...

can you KO me?

bear is best way...

sorry bout the double post my connection to internet is slow

i pushed sent 2 times and didnt know how to remove 2nd post

TOTALLYMOO:

i would rather have you ko me with a bear idk why but i trust you most of all people in game so plz ko me...

Bears can't swim in deep water, afaik ... I'm afraid this is a problem that only one of the developers can solve.

Colonel

He is standing close enough to the shore to be affected by the bear's fear aoe, which will eventually render him unconscious.
    Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. - Ozzy Osbourne

52 games registered

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDungeonlandEast India Company Collection
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireLeviathan: WarshipsMagicka
    Majesty 2Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CirclePenumbra - Black Plague
    Pirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarStarvoid
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubTeleglitch: Die More Edition
    Europa Universalis IVWar of the VikingsWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by badtodabone View Post
    TOTALLYMOO:

i would rather have you ko me with a bear idk why but i trust you most of all people in game so plz ko me...
    Hi, sorry for the late answer. I just moved and have no internet connection at home during the weekends.

I guess you have solved the issue by now but I think a bug report on this would be optimal. Need to duplicate this issue to see what causes it and which solutions there are.
    Join the official War Franchise IRC here.
    Latest WotR patch notes
    Latest WotV patch notes

Lord Stein the Rook [GBS]: "You have a castle as a crest to house the people in your head."

i havent been able to fix the problem but my guy disappears when he logs out

plz get a bear

Quote Originally Posted by badtodabone View Post
    i havent been able to fix the problem but my guy disappears when he logs out

plz get a bear

ok guys i got to land you can take this post off the forums

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast