• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ustaoset

Sergeant
9 Badges
Nov 10, 2007
  • Cities in Motion
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
I am currently playing a game as Prussia/Germany.
In the early 1840s I defended Hamburg and Mecklenburg when they were attacked by Spain and Portugal in two "repay debt-wars".
It is now 1851 and I have founded the North German Federation. When I try to sphere Spain or Portugal it says I have a truce with them, even though we haven't been in war for about ten years and no truce is shown in the diploamcy window.
Is this a known problem? Is there any way to fix it?

I play with 2.31.

It's WAD. Although I always thought it was a bit odd to be able to influence while at war with someone, but not while you have a truce with them.

Edit: My bad, missed the timing.

Last edited:
Are you guys reading the OP? He clearly stated that it's been over 10 years. He doesn't have a truce with them but it says that he does, that's what he's saying.

As per OP this must be a bug.
The 'no-sphereing-during-truce'-phase is, at least for me, as long as the truce, not longer.
Only other option seems to be that they are primary... errr, great powers, but with Spain and Italy that seems unlikely.

Maybe there's a bug when you form a nation while having a truce.