• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Apr 3, 2012
I'm not sure if anyone has noticed it before, but when you play as the byzzies, and complete the Pentecary mission and get the event disables the Papcy, whoever the pope is(in my case Castile) will spam a crusade on a heathen nation. CONSTANTLY. Has anyone else encounterd this bug?

I'm not sure if anyone has noticed it before, but when you play as the byzzies, and complete the Pentecary mission and get the event disables the Papcy, whoever the pope is(in my case Castile) will spam a crusade on a heathen nation. CONSTANTLY. Has anyone else encounterd this bug?
This is fixed in 5.2 beta i think

Well, I'll just wait for it to be offically realesed then...

Conax has it right. Register your game and get access to the beta.

It's mostly fixed in 5.2, but at one stage Lithuania was calling crusades. I edited the save file to reallocate their cardinals and it never happened again.

Conax has it right. Register your game and get access to the beta.

It's mostly fixed in 5.2, but at one stage Lithuania was calling crusades. I edited the save file to reallocate their cardinals and it never happened again.
Basically not fixed though. Cardinals still exist and if those cardinals create a papal controller that is close enough to a potential crusade target he will start spamming crusades.
The disable_papacy effect needs to either disable the selection of a new controller or eliminate the cardinals (and make sure no new cardinals are spawned).

Good point.