• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

lgriot

Sergeant
30 Badges
Mar 12, 2006
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Pride of Nations
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • Cities in Motion
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III
  • East India Company Collection
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II
Good Evening Gentlemen,

I have a quest from the king, to find a guy hiding in a village and get him, and I'll get the ransom. But the village was recently looted, so the game doesn't let me enter the village at all, the only option it offers me is "Leave". It looks like I will have to disappoint the king, which is a real bugger.

Is this a known issue? Is there a way around this?

Cheers

Fine. I still think it would be more clever to let me enter a looted village. It would prevent this weird situation and it would be a nice change of scene at the same time.

The fact that you cannot enter a looted village is disappointing indeed. Many things could be done about it, offer to help them rebuild, pursue the looters to avenge them... THere are so many aspects of the game that could be enhanced and improved that I am waiting eagerly for a real sequel.

That would be a great addition, and it requires just a few minutes of programming :-/ Paradox! Tale Worlds! Please! :)
Lol.
Creating a new, looted, version of every single village in the game would take more than just a few minutes considering that every village scene is unique.

The fact that you cannot enter a looted village is disappointing indeed. Many things could be done about it, offer to help them rebuild, pursue the looters to avenge them... THere are so many aspects of the game that could be enhanced and improved that I am waiting eagerly for a real sequel.

I dont think the game is planned to work this way (and seeing a few screenshots of the meta map of M&B2 seems to keep on the same course)

You have to avoid looting, not to avenge it.

Villages are supposedly supporting units to the rest of the map units. Castles might rely on them for provision (look at meta map in 2), cities get goods from them etc

By looting villages, you destroy the production chain lower level.

Looted villages cool down time must exist to represent the loss and failure in performing the basic duty of security a lord owes his serfs.

The game is already hard to balance out as shown through multiple patches. Adding a new layer of adjustments like the opportunity to shorten the cool down time is not going to make that task easier.