+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: A House Divergent (DVG for AHD)

I am currently working on the localization issues and restoring balance, and there were no cossacks before. I haven't heard of those other issues and I don't have them on my end so maybe it is something about your game.

General
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

The worlds biggest town in the middle of nowhere
    Yo, ok, so there is an issue where I cannot fire the danubian confederation event because Austria does not have all of its cores, yet it has all of its cores, I saw the core spread event fire, but nothing happened, I would look into it.

Yeah, checked, I think it is an issue of if you expand you can not do anything, ill keep the savegame, and send it to you if you want
    Last edited by Connor Mulhern; 19-07-2012 at 07:40.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisRise of Prussia500k club
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of WarCrusader Kings II: Way of Life

Not cossacks, Crimea is missing. The CRI tag.
    There is a big uncolonised hole in the Ukraine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Labrynian Rebel View Post
    Crusader King II: So You Thought You Were a Good Person

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by XXLPlakat View Post
    I have no problems like this, I have a feeling it's a map cache issue on your end.
    "You can make an omelet without breaking any eggs; it's just a really bad omelet"
    ~ Stephen Colbert

Some uncivis don't have government types. Also, I don't know if this is only me but my capitalist refuse to build steel factories.

Quote Originally Posted by Connor Mulhern View Post
    Yo, ok, so there is an issue where I cannot fire the danubian confederation event because Austria does not have all of its cores, yet it has all of its cores, I saw the core spread event fire, but nothing happened, I would look into it.

Yeah, checked, I think it is an issue of if you expand you can not do anything, ill keep the savegame, and send it to you if you want
    Are you talking the event series or the decision for the Danubian Confederation? If the event series it wasn't starting because somehow a "" got placed at the start of the file.

Quote Originally Posted by flyguy117 View Post
    Some uncivis don't have government types. Also, I don't know if this is only me but my capitalist refuse to build steel factories.
    It sounds like you don't have the countries hotfix applied because I fixed that issue then. I don't really know about the steel factories part but do you have any coal or iron in any of your non-colonial provinces?

Quote Originally Posted by XXLPlakat View Post
    Yea, it sounds like an issue on your end. Do you have the right AHD version and have you tried reinstalling DVG?
    Attached Files

Had a weird event while trying to justify a war. Got hungarian nationalist event which lowered my speed for justifying, and I was an Ameriga country. The effect was correct, but I think the localization was pretty wrong. Wish I could give more info, but it just happened.

General
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by aeriic View Post
    Are you talking the event series or the decision for the Danubian Confederation? If the event series it wasn't starting because somehow a "" got placed at the start of the file.
    No, I am talking about the decision, could not do it if I expanded as austria, can send you a save file

Also, I would consider making pskov and greece substates
    Last edited by Connor Mulhern; 19-07-2012 at 19:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Lateinshowing View Post
    Had a weird event while trying to justify a war. Got hungarian nationalist event which lowered my speed for justifying, and I was an Ameriga country. The effect was correct, but I think the localization was pretty wrong. Wish I could give more info, but it just happened.
    Yea, war justification events are some of the localization issues I am working on. To fix the CB generation localizations just delete the BoerWar_Loc.csv file in the localisation folder.

No, I am talking about the decision, could not do it if I expanded as austria, can send you a save file

Also, I would consider making pskov and greece substates
    Okay send me the save file and I'll check. I don't see a reason to make Pskov and Greece substates.
    Last edited by aeriic; 19-07-2012 at 23:56.

General

Yea, war justification events are some of the localization issues I am working on. To fix the CB generation localizations just delete the BoerWar_Loc.csv file in the localisation folder.

Okay send me the save file and I'll check. I don't see a reason to make Pskov and Greece substates.
    Easier to take them if you are the Ottoman Empire/ Russian state, you have to release them first, then take them right now, plus pskov never participates in any plc-scandinavia wars, so it becomes basically a blocked pathway for the PLC, cant march into finland, and ill upload em later tonight

Heir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

I noticed a bug in the Grand Columbian dissolution chain where a northern province (I believe it starts un-colonized and a Columbian core is added via event) remains with Mexico after Gran Columbia is dissolved even though it has no connection without Mexico what so ever. Also, have you considered putting the Inca state into Gran Columbia's sphere at the beginning of the game? The modernization event or the Inca rebellion could remove the Inca from Gran Columbia's sphere and it would keep the Inca from being eaten early on.
    "You can make an omelet without breaking any eggs; it's just a really bad omelet"
    ~ Stephen Colbert

General

Quote Originally Posted by airpirate View Post
    I noticed a bug in the Grand Columbian dissolution chain where a northern province (I believe it starts un-colonized and a Columbian core is added via event) remains with Mexico after Gran Columbia is dissolved even though it has no connection without Mexico what so ever. Also, have you considered putting the Inca state into Gran Columbia's sphere at the beginning of the game? The modernization event or the Inca rebellion could remove the Inca from Gran Columbia's sphere and it would keep the Inca from being eaten early on.
    Second that, I had a case where they took one of the states and then colonizied all of the center of south america, yet granada and whatnot were independent, also, if italy gets forced by the dual monarchy, I would have all the venisian non-italian holdings get released as greece,

also, link to save
    http://www.mediafire.com/?od7aq4d00v37z5c

Easier to take them if you are the Ottoman Empire/ Russian state, you have to release them first, then take them right now, plus pskov never participates in any plc-scandinavia wars, so it becomes basically a blocked pathway for the PLC, cant march into finland, and ill upload em later tonight
    It does not become a blocked pathway for the PLC as puppets automatically join their master's wars. I would like other people's opinions on whether to keep Greece and Pskov as puppets or change them to substates. I believe they should remain as puppets because their territory doesn't belong to their master, while a substate is supposed to represent the territory belonging to the master, and changing them to substates would make it too cheap for countries other than the Ottomans with cores or theRussians to conquer them.

Quote Originally Posted by airpirate View Post
    Apparently the DIN-claims.txt decision file wasn't transferred over to the AHD DVG when it was created. I changed the Inca to start in Gran Columbia's sphere to prevent them from being trampled at start.

Second that, I had a case where they took one of the states and then colonizied all of the center of south america, yet granada and whatnot were independent, also, if italy gets forced by the dual monarchy, I would have all the venisian non-italian holdings get released as greece,
    I made it so that if Italy is formed by someone other than Venice or Aragon-Italy is formed then an event will happen to have Italy either give the Greek islands to Greece or for the other European GPs to get a free people CB on the new country. I was able to fire the Danubian Confederation decision from your save so I don't know why it wouldn't let you. The core spread event has been fixed again since apparently the fix for it from pre-AHD wasn't transferred over to the AHD DVG.
    Attached Files

General

It does not become a blocked pathway for the PLC as puppets automatically join their master's wars. I would like other people's opinions on whether to keep Greece and Pskov as puppets or change them to substates. I believe they should remain as puppets because their territory doesn't belong to their master, while a substate is supposed to represent the territory belonging to the master, and changing them to substates would make it too cheap for countries other than the Ottomans with cores or theRussians to conquer them.

I made it so that if Italy is formed by someone other than Venice or Aragon-Italy is formed then an event will happen to have Italy either give the Greek islands to Greece or for the other European GPs to get a free people CB on the new country. I was able to fire the Danubian Confederation decision from your save so I don't know why it wouldn't let you. The core spread event has been fixed again since apparently the fix for it from pre-AHD wasn't transferred over to the AHD DVG.
    Ok, I know you want to get other peoples opinions first, but I am just going to say that for the most part they are under no risk, and while it is true that they are states that they truely own just with some autonomy, I have had several cases where they dont join wars because for example burgundy attacks the dual monarchy, and calls scandinavia, but plc is the ally of dual, so pskov never joins, and it becomes an invisible barrier, if you do it though, just increase the infamy for the take substate to 11

I would also throw on some infamy, maybe like 5 or something, in that case, and I reloaded the save and I could now do it, I guess it was some sort of weird glitch from my game -_-

Also, do you mind listing the pathways for the hotfixes, not all of us know where all these files are so we have to search ^-^

Edit, for the next version, I would just generally reduce the civ level of countries, most of them civ by around 1870, unless that is intended
    Last edited by Connor Mulhern; 20-07-2012 at 18:21.

Keep them puppets (maybe throwing in free CB's on the master countries to those who need the cores). From what I heard, the substate system doesn't really work the way it should. Ask Naselus for more info on that.

Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Lateinshowing View Post
    Keep them puppets (maybe throwing in free CB's on the master countries to those who need the cores). From what I heard, the substate system doesn't really work the way it should. Ask Naselus for more info on that.
    The only difference between vassals and substates is that substates can't declare war on their owner for independence and can have wargoals added to take their states. That's it.

General

Quote Originally Posted by Rylock View Post
    The only difference between vassals and substates is that substates can't declare war on their owner for independence and can have wargoals added to take their states. That's it.
    Exactly, maybe not in the case of greece, but pskov would be good

Also, I had a situation where Macedonia and Greece got all their cores back, but they do not unite, is there a way to unite them if you are playing as another power?

Also, I had a situation where Macedonia and Greece got all their cores back, but they do not unite, is there a way to unite them if you are playing as another power?
    In Divergences Greece and Macedonia are supposed to be two opposing powers on who legitimately is representative of the Greek people. Unlike our world where Macedonia went down the Slavic path. Macedonia in this timeline goes down an Alexander the Great of we're aren't exactly Greek but we have enough of it to be Greek. They should both fight it out to be the true representation of the Greek people.

General

Quote Originally Posted by shadow121292 View Post
    In Divergences Greece and Macedonia are supposed to be two opposing powers on who legitimately is representative of the Greek people. Unlike our world where Macedonia went down the Slavic path. Macedonia in this timeline goes down an Alexander the Great of we're aren't exactly Greek but we have enough of it to be Greek. They should both fight it out to be the true representation of the Greek people.
    Then there should be a war event or some sort of conflict starter, as right now they are just standing there like "Hey, my Greek cousin, want to go bowling?"

Why does Aragon have accepted cultures on the north African Arabic ones

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast