+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is MEIOU Broken For Me Or Is It Unfinished?

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Is MEIOU Broken For Me Or Is It Unfinished?

Before i start i want to make it damn clear that i love this mod, and have great respect for those who designed it.

I downloaded this mod at the start of this month, however a number of problems have plagued me. I frequently get events that have [inspired text here] for their description, the game crashes when i attempt to open up the ledger, and a few descriptons for characters/advisors are missing (most notabily the cardinal advisor). Now is it possible that i have just gotten a bad install/download and that i should redownload/reinstall the mod or is it just that the mod, in its current patch, is a diamond in the rough?

Just in case your wondering, i am using a PC, my eu3 game is EU3 Chronicles and was given a clean install (and was updated to latest patch) before I downloaded and installed the mod. Regardless of the answer I will still play this mod, as it has thoroughly enhanced my enjoyment while playing EU3.
    Voltaire - "I would rather be ruled by one lion than by one hundred rats."

My Inkwell

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Use the Interface for v5.1 button on the MEIOU launcher to fix the ledger issue.
    [inspired text here] was because some features were added that the localisation team hadn't caught up with. The localisation hotfix is in this post.
    Remember to put on all the hotfixes from the download post too.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by SirkTheMonkey View Post
    Use the Interface for v5.1 button on the MEIOU launcher to fix the ledger issue.
    [inspired text here] was because some features were added that the localisation team hadn't caught up with. The localisation hotfix is in this post.
    Remember to put on all the hotfixes from the download post too.
    Thanks for the quick reply! Im not near my PC, which has MEIOU on it, at the moment so would you humour me and tell me is the 'Interface for v5.1 Button' more or less clearly labelled as that?

My Inkwell

When you load the MEIOU launcher there are a lot of buttons down the left hand side. From the top it goes Initialise Map, Initialise Graphics, and then Interface for DW v5.1.
    Last edited by SirkTheMonkey; 11-07-2012 at 16:45. Reason: Added clarity.

Quote Originally Posted by SirkTheMonkey View Post
    When you load the MEIOU launcher there are a lot of buttons down the left hand side. From the top it goes Initialise Map, Initialise Graphics, and then Interface for DW v5.1.
    Thanks a lot, I will do that! Wait, i performed a 2GB change not a 4GB change when i installed the game. Does this cause problems or does it just cause the game to run slower?

My Inkwell

Exactly the same I believe. They both allow the program to use greater amounts of data. Although i think some people prefer a different one I don't think there is any reason to do one over the other except that one is supposedly easier.

As for your first post, MEIOU is indeed unfinished. Take a look in at playing Japan and be prepared to be shocked. Gigau does a wonderful job both coding and co-ordinating different submissions but the beast keeps growing and getting bigger and better. I think it will be forever 'unfinished' in the sense that there is always more that can be done but don't let that stop you from diving in; pretty much every part of the world is fully playable (except the aforementioned Japan) but may lack as much depth as some other area's of the world. (which is still huge amounts of depth added over the standard game)

EDIT: I don't want to sound like I am gushing or a sycophant but check out this online manual. https://sites.google.com/site/eu3meiou/home
    Of special note (for me) is section 5.h. Forming a new nation. They can give you some wonderful direction and mid term goals while playing. The rest of the site is also worth checking out.

Thanks for the replies! Oh and Blxz... Its 10pm here in Australia, and chances are Im going to be up to 1am, AT LEAST, due to that delicious website link you threw me. Damn, and thank, you!

My Inkwell

Quote Originally Posted by Tapscott View Post
    Thanks a lot, I will do that! Wait, i performed a 2GB change not a 4GB change when i installed the game. Does this cause problems or does it just cause the game to run slower?
    As Blxz says, it's the same thing. It's just that different utilities to do it call themselves different names. If you want to be technical, it sets a flag in the exe that Windows sees which tells the system to let it access more RAM.

To join onto Blxz's comment, I think all mods are typically unfinished. Unless they set out to tell a specific story/goal, the only way they ever end up finished it when the team stops working on it and I hope Gigau doesn't do that any time soon. Sycophant's unite!

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    96 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of WarParadoxian Order - 2015

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blxz View Post
    Of special note (for me) is section 5.h. Forming a new nation. They can give you some wonderful direction and mid term goals while playing. The rest of the site is also worth checking out.
    And i still can use some help adding to the articles to improve the site

And thanks for helping Tapscott.

Tells if applying those solutions let you play, Tapscott
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • Europa Universalis IV •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    • Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp. •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    • Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication •
    • Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club ! •

Im afraid I have bad news. The hotfix i downloaded seems to have corrupted parts of my game, as well as not fixing some description issues. e.g. there is a modifier with the title and description 'recently_converted_5' when I converted from pagan to orthodox as Lithuania. The main problem I have is that all of my religious icons have been corrupted, with either the wrong icon being shown, e.g. budhusit icon for sunnis, or just a corrupted image, e.g. the numbers 5 and 6 in red instead of the baltic pagan religious icon. Im worried that this hotfix may corrupt other elements of the game, so Im going to rollback the localisation hotfix (if i can)

Update: I rolled back the hotfix but the problem remains If there's no solution to my problem Ill just reinstall everything.
    Last edited by Tapscott; 12-07-2012 at 06:11. Reason: Update

My Inkwell

Darkest HourEuropa Universalis: Chronicles

Did you press the Interface for DW 5.1 again? That should fix it.

Edit: there's a more detailed explanation in another thread. I'll try to find it.

Edit 2: Here:

What DW version do you have (Note: NOT MEIOU version, but what version of the core game?)? If you have 5.1 (the non-beta version; if you don't know about the BETA, you most probably have 5.1), pressing this button:

before starting the game should fix it. If not, you need to edit \interface\domesticpanel.gfx:

Change this:

Code:
    	spriteType = {
    		name = "GFX_icon_religion"
    		texturefile = "mod\\MEIOU\\gfx\\interface\\solo_icon_religion.tga"
    		noOfFrames = 30
    ###		loadType = "INGAME"
    		norefcount = yes
    	}

spriteType = {
    		name = "GFX_icon_religion_small"
    		texturefile = "mod\\MEIOU\\gfx\\interface\\solo_icon_religion_small.tga"
    		noOfFrames = 30
    #		loadType = "INGAME"
    To this:

Code:
    	spriteType = {
    		name = "GFX_icon_religion"
    		texturefile = "mod\\MEIOU\\gfx\\interface\\solo_icon_religion.tga"
    		noOfFrames = 40
    ###		loadType = "INGAME"
    		norefcount = yes
    	}

spriteType = {
    		name = "GFX_icon_religion_small"
    		texturefile = "mod\\MEIOU\\gfx\\interface\\solo_icon_religion_small.tga"
    		noOfFrames = 40
    #		loadType = "INGAME"

If you do this, it should work properly.
    Last edited by NorwayBernd; 12-07-2012 at 07:39.
    GENERATION 38: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."
    -General Norman Schwarzkopf
    (Sorry, I just had to! :P)

I tried reinstalling the hotfix and following your advice. I am pleased to say it now works! Thanks for all the help! I would like to point out that the description for the cardinal character was not fixed with the hotfix though.

My Inkwell

You mean the mouseover text? Many parts of localisation haven't been done yet. There is even a specific thread somewhere in this forum that deals with it. James Manring I think is the head guy for localisation but he has a big backlog to chop through. It will get done eventually.

Also, glad you liked the link to the manual. The people who have made it have done a wonderful job. I'd love to contribute but I think I lack the polish to write anything like that. Still, If I can find some blank province maps I might add in the requirements to form the different nations since there are a whole load tha aren't in the manual at all.

96 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of WarParadoxian Order - 2015

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapscott View Post
    I would like to point out that the description for the cardinal character was not fixed with the hotfix though.

Thanks, corrected for next version.

Quote Originally Posted by Blxz View Post
    Also, glad you liked the link to the manual. The people who have made it have done a wonderful job. I'd love to contribute but I think I lack the polish to write anything like that. Still, If I can find some blank province maps I might add in the requirements to form the different nations since there are a whole load tha aren't in the manual at all.
    Thanks for the praise.

Any help on the Manual would be greatly appreciated. We can work on the polish afterwards
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop

Quote Originally Posted by gigau View Post

Any help on the Manual would be greatly appreciated. We can work on the polish afterwards
    Ok. I am travelling back to Australia in a couple of hours so might be out of it for a few days but once I settle in I'll try to start getting some of the formables sorted for inclusion in the manual. I love the style currently used so will try and emulate that.

96 games registered

Blog Entries
    Thanks a lot
    •

+ Reply to Thread