+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 28 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Even Greater Game" — Sundays, 19:00 CET

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Quote Originally Posted by silktrader View Post
    Your checksum needs to be the standard one, that is BJLT. The bottom left corner, in the starting screen, informs you what the checksum is.
    BJLT is the one I've had since 5.1, so everything should be in order then.

I assume that I'll just log onto the Metaserver sometime before 19:00 CET on Sunday then?
    Or is there any other program you like to communicate through that I should have in order?

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The Glory
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

im guessing we use normal settings for leaders/kings/advisors btw

in wich case preference is
    castilie
    england
    france
    denmark

doubt that i can fuck that up
    Last edited by admiral drake; 20-07-2012 at 15:49.
    Is God willing to prevent evil but not able? Then is he impotent.
    Is God able but not willing? Then is He malevolent.
    Is God both able and willing? Whence then is evil?
    It pretty much boils down to: god likes evil, god is unable to prevent evil, or god does not exist. Take your pick

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Albert Einstein

Birthday Greetings
    High cholesterol
    funny birthday wishes

Yeah, I think normal settings for those. What about the time frame for province and seazone discovery? It seems to me like people get a lot of explorations automatically with the default settings, at 25 and 50 years. Should we lengthen it a little, to maybe 50 and 75?
    My center is giving way, my right is in retreat; situation excellent. I shall attack.

Ferdinand Foch

"Ye shall love peace as a means to new war, and the short peace more than the long. You I advise not to work, but to fight. You I advise not to peace but to victory... Ye say it is the good cause which halloweth even war? I say unto you: it is the good war which halloweth every cause. War and courage have done more great things than charity"

Nietzsche

I would like to join in aswell, willing to play anything that is needed.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Ottoman Empire
    Burgundy
    Milan (if playable)
    Muscovy

Nörd med social kompetens Bunka's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions

I'm lurking here for a while, just bought divine wind and love it! maybe its worth to try MP in EU3 too!
    Join TOP! Defend and advertise paradox in this great game! (CyberNations)

Persien vs Ryssland, Ett 4-årigt krig av blod, svett och tårar.. men ändå med ett lyckligt slut

Representerade Preussen i 1742 - ett storpolitiskt rollspel och vann tack Flooper och Wetew för ett sköj lir ^^

My first and probably last completed MP game: History Channel.

MY ICQ:343670573

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

OE, Austria, France or Russia.
    Director of Suomalais-Kelttiläinen liittokunta (Comhtháthú Fionlannach-Ceilteach)

Up to eleven players so far. I think we could fit one or more in, Bunka, especially considering a few of these will likely drop off in the first few weeks.
    My center is giving way, my right is in retreat; situation excellent. I shall attack.

Ferdinand Foch

"Ye shall love peace as a means to new war, and the short peace more than the long. You I advise not to work, but to fight. You I advise not to peace but to victory... Ye say it is the good cause which halloweth even war? I say unto you: it is the good war which halloweth every cause. War and courage have done more great things than charity"

Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by silktrader View Post
    I've stopped using ICQ when I started growing pubic hair, King Johnsaurus. Like all the cool kids these days, I use MSN or Google Talk. My handle is simply my nickname @hotmail.com, or @gmail.com.

I don't know whether King John or Admiral Drake can access the public beta section, for registration requirements are strict. As Mac1 remarks though, there's a beta patch which alters quite a few things and adds some features. While it's an improvement over stock 5.1 in many regards, it hasn't been tested extensively in multiplayer (I couldn't notice stability issues). It won't be finalised by the time we start.
    well i registerd the chronicle version and im now able to enter the beta forum, mayby john will be able to when he gets dw registerd
    beta sure has a impressive list of changes btw
    It pretty much boils down to: god likes evil, god is unable to prevent evil, or god does not exist. Take your pick

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Albert Einstein

Birthday Greetings
    High cholesterol
    funny birthday wishes

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Still got slots , mate ? Maybe i can be a sub.

Doing his own thing TheArchduke's Avatar
    200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacy
    East India CompanyDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    MagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the Arcane

Is our start this or next week sunday?

Also due to a business trip I can not make August 12th. The rest of the next months should be dandy, I hope.
    Robert Wilson Lynd: "The belief in the possibility of a short decisive war appears to be one of the most ancient and dangerous of human illusions."

Quote Originally Posted by TheArchduke View Post
    Is our start this or next week sunday?

Also due to a business trip I can not make August 12th. The rest of the next months should be dandy, I hope.
    i think this sunday
    and your not the only 1 ill be late the 29th

Albert Einstein

Birthday Greetings
    High cholesterol
    funny birthday wishes

Quote Originally Posted by UberFish96 View Post
    Still got slots , mate ? Maybe i can be a sub.
    I think so. As I said to Bunka, there will likely be one or more dropouts early, and I don't have an exact max capacity anyway.

Ferdinand Foch

Nietzsche

Who's got a good host for the first session(at least until Drake shows up)?

As for the beta's, I'm thinking next game for that, when they'll have had time to work out stability issues.

Ferdinand Foch

Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by King John View Post
    Who's got a good host for the first session(at least until Drake shows up)?

As for the beta's, I'm thinking next game for that, when they'll have had time to work out stability issues.
    ill be here sunday, just will be late next week , plans changed a bit

Albert Einstein

Birthday Greetings
    High cholesterol
    funny birthday wishes

Excellent. I've updated the rules, trying to fit in the ones from other games that seemed the most substantial. If there are any other important ones that should be in, let me know.

Ferdinand Foch

Nietzsche

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine

Have to say, Divine wind is a gem! So many nights in a row trying to win as Byzantium and now Morocco, well.. in the end I had to play Portugal and now I dominate the world! I LOVE THIS GAME so... I have to try MP some day sign me up as a lurker!

Persien vs Ryssland, Ett 4-årigt krig av blod, svett och tårar.. men ändå med ett lyckligt slut

Representerade Preussen i 1742 - ett storpolitiskt rollspel och vann tack Flooper och Wetew för ett sköj lir ^^

seems MP is working for me through Metaserver too

Sometimes Hero Demi Moderator silktrader's Avatar

You're asking for rules — there are numerous additional ones you could consider, besides the ones you've listed. I think it's good, perhaps sufficient, to agree on one principle: to not circumvent the game's rules, despite the game's minor flaws. I am a naive person.

These are as many possible issues as I can type in one minute:

keep at war with an irrelevant crusade target to gain manpower
    sell province to human so that he removes it from the HRE
    sell province to human so that he builds a manufactory cheaply
    declare war on a country's vassal when there already is an active war with the overlord
    manipulate loans to AI countries
    close the game before clicking a nasty event's option, blaming your nonexistent cat for a power down
    etc.

I am not a good host, but I can serve as one when needed. Did you settle on the players-countries pairings?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberhero View Post
    I would like to join in aswell, willing to play anything that is needed.
    Missed your post earlier. You're welcome to join, Cyberhero.

Ferdinand Foch

Nietzsche

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 28 ... LastLast