+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Religious Policy

Crusader Kings IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Religious Policy

How does religious policy effect the game?
    Nationality: Yankee
    Religion: Protestant
    Ideology: Conservative/Reactionary
    Issues: Laissez Faire, Free Trade, Limited Citizenship
    Pop: Bureaucrat
    Cash Reserves: $100
    Revolt Risk: +2
    Militancy: 5
    Consciousness: 10

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    MagickaNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordRise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

As far as I can tell religion really has no effect on the game whatsoever. Its kinda there, pops "have" a religion, but it seems to effect nothing.
    Hell, create Israel and watch the Jews NOT flock there as it gives no bonus even though it probably should.
    Thats just my only real example of how religion could have an impact but doesn't.

Only affects assimilation really.

Quote Originally Posted by moldeh View Post
    Only affects assimilation really.
    I don't even this it does that.

Quote Originally Posted by thequestion View Post
    I don't even this it does that.
    Yeah, it does. Moralism increases assimilation for same religion pops, decreases it for others. Pluralism has the same effect, but to a lesser extent. And so on and so forth.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I think it also effects emigration, increases it for minority religions if you have moralism.
    Henri Renard - Minister of Wallonia - Deputy for Liege -KKP- Brewer/Entrepreneur - Died of sepsis following a wound suffered during a duel with the Viscount
    Formerly Simon Giroux - Minister of Labour - Deputy for Charleroi - Belgian Social Union - Deputy Leader

Formerly Willem Goossens - Deputy for Brugge - conservative - President of Belgian Veterans Society 1818-1871
    Originally Jean Galler - Deputy for Brussels - Constitutional Delegate and Signer of Belgium Constitution
    in Edge of Europe- A Belgian Interactive V2 AAR

I think it mostly affects voting habits. Minority religion POPs are more likely to vote for parties with more tolerant religious policies while state religion POPs are more likely to support moralist parties and such. Religion is something that V2 does particularly poorly.

+ Reply to Thread