+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can you invade any american country with Transport ships as playing Germany?

United States of Europe,Estonia,Rapla country

Question Can you invade any american country with Transport ships as playing Germany?

Can you invade any american country with Transport ships as playing Germany?

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Blog Entries
    Yes, but it will be very dangerous so have plenty of reserve transports in case they intercept and sink some of them.

My preferred route is Azores->Cuba->Florida, especially good if you are not at war with USA since it gives you plenty of time to arrange paratroops in Havana.
    Mod:
    Byzantium - Imperial Restoration for Darkest Hour
    Wilhelm Scream for Crusader Kings II

§1 - Posts made by this user are subject to intense editing shortly after posting... Hooray for indecisiveness!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Finnish View Post
    Yes, but it will be very dangerous so have plenty of reserve transports in case they intercept and sink some of them.

My preferred route is Azores->Cuba->Florida, especially good if you are not at war with USA since it gives you plenty of time to arrange paratroops in Havana.
    great info if i get to my computer then i will try it out

if i get to my computer then i try it out

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Blog Entries
    Have 4-10 Paratroopers within range of US East Coast (up to Boston if possible), and rest of your troops in Cuba. When you attack, land the Paratroopers across US East Coast and wait for the diversion to work. Once the US troops are bound with the Paratroops (the more you have on one spot the longer they last, the less you have in larger area the more Americans you deceive) land your troops in Florida (use fast units) and just land in Miami and blitz 'em to hell. Nukes help a great deal.

Capturing airfields with the paratroops also helps, of course. Your main advantage is that the Americans can't spare troops to protect all their key points so you have plenty of room to work.
    Mod:

§1 - Posts made by this user are subject to intense editing shortly after posting... Hooray for indecisiveness!

I like to take Iceland and Greenland while invading Denmark and use it to land in Canada.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormkanonvagn View Post
    I like to take Iceland and Greenland while invading Denmark and use it to land in Canada.
    But Canada is so slow to pass and big provinces. By the time you reach Toronto the Yankees have pulled all their troops to greet you. But it's true that invasion through Canada is much safer as you got more checkpoints than going through Cuba.
    Mod:

Darkest HourEU3 Complete

But when you DoW Cuba doesn't USA DoW you??????
    >>> DH Mixed Mod http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...7199-Mixed-Mod
    >>> Over than 3000 shields/flags for HoI2 cataloged by country => http://hoiflags.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanjo Zero View Post
    But when you DoW Cuba doesn't USA DoW you??????
    Nah, the guarantee of independence is removed at some point.
    Mod:

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron Cross
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Thats very gamey.

Blog Entries
    Then DoW USA as well. You can still use Cuba as lift, it's just becomes more risky to ship 200 divisions across the sea unless you have Carriers of your own (for that I recommend two 10CV+20DD stacks)

Too bad you can't nuke sea provinces.
    Mod:

But Canada is so slow to pass and big provinces. By the time you reach Toronto the Yankees have pulled all their troops to greet you. But it's true that invasion through Canada is much safer as you got more checkpoints than going through Cuba.
    By the time I invade America I already have many nukes lined up.

1.Land in Canada
    2.Let American and Canadian forces build up
    3.Mass nukings
    4.Entire American+Canadian armies wiped out
    5.Proceed to blitzkrieg

Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Iron CrossMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Supreme Ruler: Cold War

you could try having 10 carriers and a fleet of cruisers
    I wanna be Korean or Japanese.

"If it's an exploit for para's then it's an exploit for EVERY unit in the game and therefore the game itself is an exploit." -jju_57

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneIron Cross500k club

I used to land in USA whilst being at war with them via Cuba. You have to wait for carriers, though. Like 10 at least as Lord Finnish suggested.

Another way is to wait for the ICBMs, no need of nukes, but just logistic strikes and strat bombings. Than USA can't supply their troops and they just collapse.

I like to double up on them. Start with the Canada route, a la Stormkanonvagn, while mounting a diplomatic offensive against Mexico to bring them on board as an ally. Then transport there and open a second front - armour exploiting from there can put the Yanks in diabolical trouble.

Darkest HourMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

I always use the Iceland --> Canada route in my German games. You are very much in a race against time so you'll want to land in Canada by late 1941. If you have the UK and USSR knocked out by that point it should be easy.

edit: Remember, sea transport range is much greater than amphibious assault range. Meaning once you take a Canadian port you can sea transport straight from Germany. I wouldn't do this if you are at war with America already though.

Tnx to everybody who anwer this question

+ Reply to Thread