+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: [Add-On] Portuguese Missions

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    83 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pirro View Post
    Sorry but... I'm from badajoz... and we were never part of Portugal... nor could we be After all, Extremadura wasn't liberated until the battle of las navas de Tolosa... And cadiz was conquered by Fernando III, not by a portuguese king
    You know that we are talking here of what could happen in a game, right ?
    Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual
    If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...

Europa Universalis IV
    MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<<

M&T Subforum | M&T en Français | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3
    Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp.
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication
    Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club !

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneIron CrossEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiVictoria 2Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gigau View Post

I was refering to the OP It's not kinda realistic, because well... we speak spanish with a srange accent, but not even close to portuguese
    CAMPEONES LIGA ESPAÑOLA 2014
    Mi blog... de todo un poco

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

New version.
    B1rm0n Portugal Mod v5.7z
    All North and South American provinces now work for fleeing Europe and I've started on letting you return. I haven't thoroughly tested it all yet so there may be lingering issues I'm not aware of. Do not stare at the script for event #916099 without proper protection.

I'm considering splitting out the more fanciful parts of the mod (Iberia and the decision for retaking Galicia) from the more mundane stuff (province decision, capital moves, and maybe the reconquista missions when I'm done with the capital stuff).
    Ex-MEIOU fellow (on a long unplanned hiatus, may go back later) - AARland Fan of the Week: 3 Feb '13

<Between Characters> in ThunderHawk3's Edge of Europe - A Belgian Interactive AAR (Previous characters: Palomer, Cartier,
    Jean de Croÿ, Willems-Hopegood)

Europa Universalis: Chronicles

Actually, my bad, I made a mistake. Portuguese kings battled and defeated Granada and Fez armies in Badajoz and Cadiz, but didn't conquer them. The conquests were claimed by Castillan kings...

I meant Cáceres, and if you trust this and my translation, it was one of the provinces claimed by the Leonese king in ransom and should be in the CB..

http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cerco_de_Badajoz

Regarding the decisions, the "Exploit the pine forest in Leiria" works wonders... But I haven't been able to try the other ones, it's still too soon in the game... I'll post comments as soon as I can do it!

83 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirkTheMonkey View Post
    New version.
    Attachment 59063
    All North and South American provinces now work for fleeing Europe and I've started on letting you return. I haven't thoroughly tested it all yet so there may be lingering issues I'm not aware of. Do not stare at the script for event #916099 without proper protection.

I'm considering splitting out the more fanciful parts of the mod (Iberia and the decision for retaking Galicia) from the more mundane stuff (province decision, capital moves, and maybe the reconquista missions when I'm done with the capital stuff).
    You might want to add a trigger for the capital decisions to limit it for having American colonies.
    Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual
    If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...

Europa Universalis IV
    MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<<

M&T Subforum | M&T en Français | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop

Oops, I missed that. Fixed
    B1rm0n Portugal Mod v5b.7z

Should I make it possible for them to flee to African/Asian/Australian colonies too?
    Attached Files
    Ex-MEIOU fellow (on a long unplanned hiatus, may go back later) - AARland Fan of the Week: 3 Feb '13

<Between Characters> in ThunderHawk3's Edge of Europe - A Belgian Interactive AAR (Previous characters: Palomer, Cartier,

83 games registered

Blog Entries
    Well, given the wealth of the different provinces, i'd say that, for a colony to become a capital, you can limit it to coastal provinces.

Beyond that, i guess it'd be logical to give these areasthe possibility. On the other hand, i'm not sure they'd move there capitals there...

Europa Universalis IV

Darkest HourEuropa Universalis: Chronicles

Oops, I missed that. Fixed
    Attachment 59069

Should I make it possible for them to flee to African/Asian/Australian colonies too?
    Maybe Australian. The problem with African and Asian colonies is that they'd still be of the original culture (not necessarily in-game, as it is possible to colonise parts of southern Africa, but IRL African and Asian colonies never became as European as New World or Australian ones did).
    GENERATION 38: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."
    -General Norman Schwarzkopf
    (Sorry, I just had to! :P)

Well, given the wealth of the different provinces, i'd say that, for a colony to become a capital, you can limit it to coastal provinces.
    Is there a handy convenient list of coastal provinces anywhere in the files? It was annoying enough pruning the continent lists of wasteland before I fed them into my script generator. I suppose I could create a parser to run through the positions file and pull out the ones with ports.

Quote Originally Posted by pirro View Post
    I was refering to the OP It's not kinda realistic, because well... we speak spanish with a srange accent, but not even close to portuguese
    Well Duh...! I'm guessing that if the conquests weren't taken by the Leon King, then after a little bit, let's say a few hundred years, the region would be speaking portuguese, right?

One more thing, I'm sorry if this has been brought up before, but there's no cultural shift in portuguese colonies besides becoming portuguese colonial right? Like french Canadian, or Creole. But in the later part of the Portuguese empire, the transfer of slaves from Africa to South America did transformed the cultural identity to Mestiço, or Mestizo... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mestizo
    Can that be changed?

83 games registered

Blog Entries
    Do not stare at the script for event #916099 without proper protection.
    Unfortunately for my eyes, that's what i do

Question : why flag the former capital ?

Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by B1rm0n View Post
    One more thing, I'm sorry if this has been brought up before, but there's no cultural shift in portuguese colonies besides becoming portuguese colonial right? Like french Canadian, or Creole. But in the later part of the Portuguese empire, the transfer of slaves from Africa to South America did transformed the cultural identity to Mestiço, or Mestizo... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mestizo
    Can that be changed?
    Portuguese Colonial culture can transform into Mexican, Caribbean, Colombian, Platean, Brazilian, and Angolan, based on region of course.

(EDIT) Gigau - I'm flagging it because my next objective is to let the colonial power return once the wars end, like what the Portuguese did.
    Last edited by SirkTheMonkey; 22-07-2012 at 18:27. Reason: I believe the term is emu'd?

83 games registered

Blog Entries
    Okay, thanks.

I've incorporated your decisions and events, although in a simplified manner.

About Galicia, i rplaced your idea, by making it a mission.

OT : actually you get "emu'd" if the post that is posted right before yours answers to the same question as you (a habit of Blue Emu at the time).

Europa Universalis IV

I feel warm and fuzzy now that I've gotten content (and not just bug fixes) in the mod. Or maybe it's because it's past 3AM local time and I'm still awake.
    I reckon B1rm0n should get a little credit since I'm technically working on his instructions, even if I have rewritten half his suggestions.
    I'm don't think the colonial capital stuff should have been included yet because it's not feature-complete but I'm assuming you're using the version without the old capital flags and such. My plan is to have an option to go back to the old capital for the cost of a standard capital move and an option to abandon Europe and stay abroad which would clear the lingering flags and maybe some sort of revolt risk penalty for the European provinces.

83 games registered

Blog Entries
    Corrected the credits, thanks.

Europa Universalis IV

Corrected the credits, thanks.
    Actually, all the credit goes to Sirk, this just wouldn't be possible without him! And I'm very glad that MEIOU now has a bit more of Portugal, hope it makes playing it more interesting...

Thank you both!

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneIron CrossEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiVictoria 2Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by B1rm0n View Post
    Well Duh...! I'm guessing that if the conquests weren't taken by the Leon King, then after a little bit, let's say a few hundred years, the region would be speaking portuguese, right?
    No doubt, but... it was conquered much later, in the XIII century
    CAMPEONES LIGA ESPAÑOLA 2014
    Mi blog... de todo un poco

New version
    B1rm0n Portugal Mod v6.7z
    Key changes:
    - Capitals can only be moved to ports in North or South America. The event has been trimmed down to reflect the new situation.
    - Decision and Event files split into three parts, one with the original name with no content (for backwards compatibility when overwriting the old version of the mod), "core" files with the content that will be in the next version of MEIOU proper, and "plus" files with Iberia and the decision version of getting CB to invade Galicia.

I wish to declare a vendetta against the following numbers: 1385, 2555, 2560, and 2653.

Is there time for a couple more suggestions?

- Order of Christ in Tomar (Ribatejo) - Really important in Reconquista and the portuguese discoveries and with power that extented until today, it was the backbone of a great part of Portuguese Knights army, and it's a bit different from the remaining orders, represented in the current event. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ordem_de_Cristo
    If you agree there's something worthwhile, lets form a decision or an event?
    (EDIT)
    - I believe it should have two, maybe three(?) good effects and at least 1 bad:
    - Cavalry cost in that region is significantly lower (like -25%)
    - Conversion has a better change (let's say 5%)
    - Colonization change +5%
    - Direct tax in that region is -30% (they did take a lot of lands)
    - Maybe an investment of 50/100 ducats at least is necessary to build their home (Covento de Tomar)

- Methuen treaty between UK and Portugal
    Basically said the following: Portuguese wines and British Cloth are free of tariffs. This treaty changed things, a lot, on the start of the 18th century. Production increased a lot in the Trás-os-Montes province, shifting to Port Wine production. Population grew there and in Douro as well. Production of wine was improved and investments were made. On the British, same thing, in terms of effects, but I don't know if a particular region benefited from it, or just the country in general.
    On the backside, we stopped producing cloth or wool in large enough size, so any province producing those goods by then will have to shift to something else... Also, in terms of industrialization, we were left behind, because of the focus on agricultural goods.
    Obviously this would be possible only after high production efficiency and the National idea (don't recall which) related to Smith was embraced by at least one of the countries.

This brings me to a question:
    Can it become an event or must it be a decision? Cause both countries have to agree to it... (it is different from the general Trade Agreement, though, in terms of effects, it was something much much bigger)
    Last edited by B1rm0n; 23-07-2012 at 18:40.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast