• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wow ive been in 1000's of Betas and have never once received a DECLINED email before.... Not sure how i feel about getting declined... Anyone else have thoughts on this?
I was declined as well. I'd have to guess that it surely isn't because I don't have enough games registered to my account...

<<<<<

But rather that I have only ever reported one bug on these forums. I've really just never felt the need to report bugs to Paradox as by the time that I get around to finding said bug, it's usually been reported multiple times already.

I can honestly say that I've never been turned down for beta participation either. Although I've certainly not been in thousands of betas, I've probably got a good 15 to 20 games that accepted me into the closed betas, and some of them to test them out in the alpha stage too.

At first I felt a little dejected and shocked since I'd never been turned down for betas that I'd applied for, and I only ever apply to betas that I actually want to do, I know many people that just apply to as many betas as they possibly can so that they've got "free" games to play (even if they are only betas or limited betas) but I prefer to only apply to games that I'm actually interested in. But it didn't take more than a few moments for this dejection to wear off, actually maybe 30 seconds as I thought about my past experiences and came to the conclusion that maybe it would be nice this time around to actually play a game as a "new" game instead of participating in the beta, seeing all the bugs, testing things right and left etc so that when I do buy aGoD it will actually feel like a fresh new game to me.

So, I'm cool with it. Just wish they'd get the game done and released already, although I'm playing Torchlight 2 and it's going to be tough to pull me away from TL2 to play any other game, I'd make an exception for this game as it looks like it's going to be a whole lot of fun.

Torchlight 2? How can it compete. It doesn't even have dwarves, among other things. I tried out the game and the lack of good beards is a disgrace. Also, why are there only white and black people? No asians or anything like middle eastern or hispanic. In addition to the lack of character customization, the game is so mind numbingly boring :(

Just a note, but I would've bought torchlight 2 if it had dwarves in it with some nice beard choices, just for the chance to run around being dwarfy.

Torchlight 2? How can it compete. It doesn't even have dwarves, among other things. I tried out the game and the lack of good beards is a disgrace. Also, why are there only white and black people? No asians or anything like middle eastern or hispanic. In addition to the lack of character customization, the game is so mind numbingly boring :(

Just a note, but I would've bought torchlight 2 if it had dwarves in it with some nice beard choices, just for the chance to run around being dwarfy.

Not all of us are hardcore dwarfies.

Haha, this is a great example that I'll need to remember for the future.

Why would he care? The core playerbase is familiar with the UI and doesn't raise much of a fuss because they know how to use it and are willing to help those who aren't as good with it. If no one could even figure out how to play then he might have done something about it. At this point though there are enough tutorials that anyone can get into it even in its current state.

Are you implying that the DF UI is bad?

th

All in all I think you guys are getting a bit too miffed, this is a small beta test for a, lets be honest, smallish game development team?
Lot's of claims for experience in the field here, I too can download a game and click the shortcut and comment on how smoothly/well/load times are working etc etc. There must be tens of thousands of paradox games players who are more than 'qualified' to beta test a game.
I've never been refused access to a beta either, but I never expected to always be accepted. This sounds like an unusually small beta group, and the only reason this thread is up is because they had the unexpected courtesy to tell people they were declined. Otherwise no one would make this thread!
Like the other guy said, its a breath of fresh air for someone to actually get back to all who applied.

The game sounds and looks awesome and I will be pre-ordering it within the next week!

Are you implying that the DF UI is bad?

th

All in all I think you guys are getting a bit too miffed, this is a small beta test for a, lets be honest, smallish game development team?
Lot's of claims for experience in the field here, I too can download a game and click the shortcut and comment on how smoothly/well/load times are working etc etc. There must be tens of thousands of paradox games players who are more than 'qualified' to beta test a game.
I've never been refused access to a beta either, but I never expected to always be accepted. This sounds like an unusually small beta group, and the only reason this thread is up is because they had the unexpected courtesy to tell people they were declined. Otherwise no one would make this thread!
Like the other guy said, its a breath of fresh air for someone to actually get back to all who applied.

The game sounds and looks awesome and I will be pre-ordering it within the next week!

I think these points above are reasonable.

Why does this thread exist?

I also got declined, I got over it... :rolleyes: