• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Looks like it. There was also a commander called Hanno on the field, commanding the Numidians on the left, but for the sake of simplicity (and a lack of a fourth Carthaginian) we'll have Esemesas represent both cavalry commanders.

So if esemesas is playing as the cavalry commander, and Mago is a cavalry commander, I guess I'm Hasdrubal now?

Uh... ah hell, I got that wrong. Mago was the infantry commander. So you'll be representing... ack, hang on a mo.

EDIT: No, Esemesas is Hasdrubal, who is the cavalry commander. You're Mago, the infantry commander.

Alright, so

Hannibal (tamius) - Commander of the Carthaginian Army
Mago (Cheef) - Commander of the Carthaginian Infantry
Hasdrubal (esmesas) - Commander of the Carthaginian Cavalry

there we go.

Nailed it.

Yes. /join #Rome

Remember we have two people as Varro!

I'm going on holidays tomorrow so won't be able to participate in this battle.

I'm sorry to hear that. We can manage without you; we've got two Roman commanders still. I hope you enjoy your holiday.

Thanks, I would definitely like to participate in the next battle though.

Romans will have to decide where they are going to camp in regards to the river; you start off on the west bank, and must cross to the east at some point. Deciding how you are going to set up your camp would be a good first decision.

Oh God I'm confused.

Romans have to decide where to set up camp, when to attack, formations for attack, where to place generals, scout, etc. Things they want to do before the battle starts

Carthaginians have to decide similar things, except their camp is already set up, and they should use the same basic idea Hannibal used for combat.

We need posts of what the army is doing, how they are doing it, and who is doing what.

I'm here and we discussed some things.

Do I post those things in a post in the thread, or as a PM?

If it is a formal declaration of Roman strategy, it goes here.

EDIT: Does everyone know what they are doing now?

Last edited: