+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Strange Bankruptcy

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron Cross
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Münster, the Holy City of Zion, Capital of the World

Strange Bankruptcy

So im playing Brazil, making 40$ a day, debt-free and i build a factory for all my money.
    Next the 'Influenza'-event pops up and i decide that i really love my people and that i gonna fight it for all its worth.
    It gonna cost me 3k.
    Next thing i know i am bakrupt even though the better part of the world would be willing to give me money and i have no previous debt and am far from being unable to repay it.
    Anybody else noticed this?

This never happened to me.

When I started playing Victoria, I forgot to watch my wallet, and when I realized, bankruptcy.
    Now I take care when running in the red.

Achtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireKing Arthur II
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaNaval War: Arctic CirclePirates of Black CoveVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesV2 AHD BetaPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Likely there was no available credit.

Its a bug with all events that cost money. If they put you into debt, you instantly go to bankruptcy, regardless of your potential creditors.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmalk View Post
    Its a bug with all events that cost money. If they put you into debt, you instantly go to bankruptcy, regardless of your potential creditors.
    This is probably it.

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India Company
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldLost Empire - ImmortalsPenumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandV2 Beta
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

This has happened to me too. I was running a little debt for a small amount of time just to fix something, then one of those pandemic events and 2k were enough to make me go bankrupt.
    I had a debt of like 4k only, so it was ridiculous, and I only had debt to the bank of my country so fortunately no external problems. The huge hit was on prestige and I lost GP status for a while because of this.
    Terra Universalis II
    For EU IV
    Another kind of whole world mod
    Magna Terra
    For EU Rome VV
    The way to be Imperator of all the Old World
    Umbra Spherae
    For Crusader Kings II
    Expand your faith and realm into all the Old World

Quote Originally Posted by Camara View Post
    This has happened to me too. I was running a little debt for a small amount of time just to fix something, then one of those pandemic events and 2k were enough to make me go bankrupt.
    I had a debt of like 4k only, so it was ridiculous, and I only had debt to the bank of my country so fortunately no external problems. The huge hit was on prestige and I lost GP status for a while because of this.
    I allow myself to reload when I get these. 100 prestige is enough to drop you from GP to civilised status early in the game and I honestly think we were better off when you couldn't get any debt at all from events.

President of the USA louiswilliams's Avatar
    Victoria 2

Ouch - that's pretty brutal!

Can't say its happened to me though but I've not had an event put me into debt
    "To declare war is one thing, to win is another"

"Between two groups of people who want to make inconsistent kinds of worlds, I see no remedy but force."

"Politics is like boxing — you try to knock out your opponents."

"When you play the game of thrones, you win, or you die; there is no middle ground."

President of the USA louiswilliams's Avatar
    Victoria 2

"To declare war is one thing, to win is another"

"Between two groups of people who want to make inconsistent kinds of worlds, I see no remedy but force."

"Politics is like boxing — you try to knock out your opponents."

"When you play the game of thrones, you win, or you die; there is no middle ground."

Victoria 2

This has happened to me many times for probably the same reasons. I think this applies if you have any debts out there and get an event that costs money beyond what you have in your bank. Just as Moldeh said, reload. The penalties for this will outweigh any qualms you might have for "cheating" (reloading) your game. For this and other reasons I set my auto-saves for every six months.
    Brycef
    Fighting battles one game at a time.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by louiswilliams View Post

Double post. Just so you know.
    As for the bankruptcy that has never happened to me.

+ Reply to Thread