Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Space Race?

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    V2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Quigleone View Post
    I don't think that's the best way to put it. Instead I think a better way is that it would increase national prestige, and prestige would play some kind of role in how much the people support the ruling ideology (democracy, communism etc.) but not necessarily ruling party (in the case of the USSR they're the same thing, in the case of the US that can mean either the Republicans or Democrats). If your national prestige drops too low, allies will start to abandon you, and your people will start contemplating alternative economic systems and ultimately revolution. High Prestige will mean the opposite.

Likewise getting lots of wins at the Olympics will also increase prestige, as will other things.
    Agree with this. I hope that prestige is a part of this game and that the space race is mostly about prestige and technology.
    Raph: 1 Beuraucrat
    Nationality: Swedish
    Religion: N/A
    Ideology: Communist - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Are you a leftist too? Join the Red Paradoxians!
    Issues: Planned Economy/Full Citizenship
    Current Work: Student
    Cash Reserves: 0
    Revoltrisk: 50%
    Militancy: 5 (+0.15)
    Counsciousness: 10 (+1.00)

Covert Mastermind Demi Moderator Secret Master's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Raph View Post
    Agree with this. I hope that prestige is a part of this game and that the space race is mostly about prestige and technology.
    If Orbital Mind Control Lasers are not a research possibility, then what's the point, really? I mean, it's like researching helicopters in HOI3 and not having the option to create Black UN helicopters or researching Jet Engines and not having the option to create mind control drugs in the chemtrails.
    All Hail Him,

The Secret Master

Note: If I write a post in this hideous color, I am speaking as a Demi-Moderator. Paying attention is strongly advised.

I think the space race should require you to build certain building only usable for the space race, like how you had to build a certain number of nuclear sites before you could get bombs in AOD. These could be built anywhere really, provided you have the territory in your control for the duration of the build. More space related buildings could be built to similate advances in technology which would allow you to do more complex space missions.

You should be able to have more than 1 launch site. The Soviets had 2, the Baikanour (spelling?) area in the Kazakh SSR, and a secret one near Moscow where they also launched satellites. Satellites should help you in some tangible way as well, perhaps adding to your Espoinage abilities abstractly or a more hands on approach and just Espoinage for you, revealing for of war on areas you select your satellites to reveal.

I would love there to be different options regarding the space race, satellite launches, building space stations, moon landings, probes to different planets, etc. The more involved you are in successful space race events the more prestige you get. You should have the option to do joint space stations with other countries, invite other countries to send astronauts on your space station, build your own space station, etc, like the Soviets did with MIR and the US did with the precursor to the International space station.

Space race should cost a lot of money which should effectively bar most countries from being able to do much due to lack of funds, which should allow the USSR and USA to be the ones primarily in the space race.
    Don't worry, be happy
    - Bobby McFerrin

A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

As another fan of Buzz Aldrin's Race into Space, I have to add my voice to those hoping for a well-fleshed-out space race - and also a strong potential for space technologies. Despite there being treaties on the demilitarization of space, the 1980s gave us SDI, as well as Soviet paranoia about the use of American space shuttles as deployers of nuclear weapons. The final decade of the Cold War wouldn't feel right without Star Wars!
    My AARs: Subcontinental Subtleties (Victoria 2, v1.4b) - webcomic; complete - *multi-award-winning* --- A Hyderabad Holiday Special (Victoria 2, v2.31) - complete --- Sing a Septinsular Song (Ionian Islands) (Victoria 2, v1.4b) - complete - *Winner of the VictAARian Cross, for Best Completed 2011 AAR* --- Tunis Delenda Est (Victoria 2, v1.2) - complete --- Albania Finds its Place in the World (Victoria 2, v1.2 with minor mods) - complete --- Australia: Rise of a Constellation (Victoria 2, v1.2 with minor mods) - complete --- Belgium: Rise of the Choco Lords (Victoria 2, v1.1) - complete

My mods: The 1948 Arab-Israeli War (battlescenario for HoI2, Doomsday and Armageddon. Current version: 1.1)

My inkwell

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultImpire
    MagickaNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight
    Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

well space race was even more than just race to space, like demonstaring ballistic missiles and propagandawar so i think it should be expensive tech then you need to "waste" resources to build launch sites, rockets and what you are launching (satellites, manned shuttles and space stations) and after all is said and done then there would always be event chain when launching so that even if you spend zillions of resources you could get apollo 13 because you wanted to launch it even if you noticed few problems
    "Death, solution to all mans problems. No man. No problem" -Joseph V Stalin

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDungeonlandEast India Company Collection
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandGettysburg
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireKing Arthur II
    Lead and GoldLeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2
    March of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CirclePirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    StarvoidThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubTeleglitch: Die More EditionEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by RuleBritannia View Post
    How about space probes, like Voyager 1
    stop with the thread necromancy, it's against the forum rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Magyar1988 View Post
    stop with the thread necromancy, it's against the forum rules.
    Sorry, didn't know about that. Anyway, I'll delete it and please give me a reason why my post is thread necromancy.

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDungeonlandEast India Company Collection
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandGettysburg
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireKing Arthur II
    Lead and GoldLeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2
    March of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CirclePirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    StarvoidThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubTeleglitch: Die More EditionEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by RuleBritannia View Post
    Sorry, didn't know about that. Anyway, I'll delete it and please give me a reason why my post is thread necromancy.
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...EFORE-POSTING*
    rule 8: If a thread is older than 30 days, start a new one.

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Necromancy.
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q2 ACAs here! Be sure to check out the winners! Crusader Kings II|Europa Universalis IV|Victoria II|Hearts of Iron 3|Darkest Hour

Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3