• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

kbernges

Captain
97 Badges
Dec 3, 2010
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Victoria 2
Situation is me, Emperor of Hispania. Vassals are religious vassals: Prince-Bishops ruling each county outside my demesne, and a Prince-Archbishop above each. Wanting to make the Prince-Archbishop of Castille King-Bishop of Castille, Prince-Archbishop of Leon King-Bishop of Leon, Prince-Archbishop of Galicia King-Bishop of Galicia, Prince-Archbishop of Beja King-Bishop of Portugal, and Prince-Archbishop of Barcelona King-Bishop of Aragon. I hold the Kingdom titles for Castille, Leon, Galicia, Portugal, Aragon, and Andalucia (Crusade for Andalucia gave me that one). None of the Kingdom level titles appear attempting to grant the title to a vassal. Does this have to do with the fact that kingdoms these days require holding two duchies to create? Seems odd to apply that to handing out titles.

Edit: In a test where I revoked one Prince-Archbishopric and handed it to another Prince-Archbishop, the title still cannot be given to them

If there isn't specifically something in the defines to enable this (which there probably isn't) it's probably not moddable.

You used to be able to do this, though. I don't know about temple-kings, but you certainly used to be able to create city-kings. What happened to that? I'm trying to look through the files to see if there's anything that can change it back, but I bet it's something hardcoded.

edit: evidence that it used to be possible, from defines:

KING_GRANT_TO_CHURCH_PIETY = 250,
EMPEROR_GRANT_TO_CHURCH_PIETY = 500,

You used to be able to do this, though. I don't know about temple-kings, but you certainly used to be able to create city-kings. What happened to that? I'm trying to look through the files to see if there's anything that can change it back, but I bet it's something hardcoded.

edit: evidence that it used to be possible, from defines:

KING_GRANT_TO_CHURCH_PIETY = 250,
EMPEROR_GRANT_TO_CHURCH_PIETY = 500,

I don't know about City-Kings, but as for King Bishops, the reason why it's not allowed, is because the Pope is the only King Bishop allowed within the Catholic Faith. Kings don't bow down to other Kings according to King mechanics. Therefore, King Bishops aren't allowed (anymore).

You can't grant kingdoms to clergy.

Also, you can't grant Andalusia at all because it's not a Catholic title. I found that out the hard way after a Crusade.

Yes you can. You just have to give to an Andalusian Catholic.

Very few titles are actually "catholic" (except Jerusalem and Italy) or "non-catholic" (except Pomerania).

You can't grant kingdoms to clergy.

Also, you can't grant Andalusia at all because it's not a Catholic title. I found that out the hard way after a Crusade.

It can be created by catholics your ruler just needs to be in the arabic culture group. Same goes for the person you would want to give that tittle. Still in my opinion that limitation should be taken out as its stupid when you yourself aren't from that culture why should it prevent you from giving out the tittle.

I don't know about City-Kings, but as for King Bishops, the reason why it's not allowed, is because the Pope is the only King Bishop allowed within the Catholic Faith. Kings don't bow down to other Kings according to King mechanics. Therefore, King Bishops aren't allowed (anymore).

Ohhh. Well, that makes sense. I have very few temple cities anyway: my rule is that the capital of a holding should match the name of the county, and the duchy holder should match the name of the duchy. So since Napoli is a city, it gets to have a mayor--and since the titular kingdom of Napoli goes with it, I want to make him a city king. But unfortunately, I seem to be unable to do that as well.

You can create King-Bishoprics and Serene Republics (the King-tier equivalent of republics) by giving someone with a claim on a kingdom a bishopric/city and then pressing his claim on the kingdom.

Yeah, but you can't directly give a King title to them. That's the real issue.

I know, I just thought this has already been discussed (you just can't give them a King title, nothing more to say) and I wanted to answer to someone who was saying that King-Bishoprics weren't allowed (not sure if he only referred to giving them out as titles though).

I own won the Kingdom of Andalucia during a crusade, and I can't give it to my vassals. I'm the HRE and king of England, and I have given away over a dozen kingdoms. Why not this one? Because it was won in a crusade?

I own won the Kingdom of Andalucia during a crusade, and I can't give it to my vassals. I'm the HRE and king of England, and I have given away over a dozen kingdoms. Why not this one? Because it was won in a crusade?

*sigh* I hate this too. the Kingdom of Andalusia can only be formed by an Arabic Culture Group. Technically speaking, only the someone with is of Arabic culture should be able to hold it. Therefore, you can't pass it on to non-Arabs.

It's like why the Kingdom of Portugal can only be formed by Christians.

isn't the pope an Emperor tier-title?

or is that a mod's fault?