• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Tongera

Captain
99 Badges
Dec 25, 2011
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Crusader Kings II
  • March of the Eagles
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Rome Gold
How can i possibly beat France as start game Prussia in my game? I keep trying to add Holstein to my sphere, France keeps joining in, i fight them to a standstill, white peace i try again etc, it gets boring very quickly, my allies are Bohemia and all the little Germanies, how can i win? Note, that i can defeat France as the NGF or Germany quite easily. Also note i have no navy.

Well, what is it then?
Number of troops, techs?

It should be fairly easy to beat France in a war of attrition. Just let them keep sending troops in and let their WE skyrocket. Fight defensively and France will eventually not be able to sustain an army.

Well, what is it then?
Number of troops, techs?

I got top army techs, around 30 brigades i think.

It should be fairly easy to beat France in a war of attrition. Just let them keep sending troops in and let their WE skyrocket. Fight defensively and France will eventually not be able to sustain an army.

I tried, they keep sending an army, no matter how many i kill, they keep coming. Even when i try and encircle.

Also how would you go about fighting Austria and Russia at the same time? They are allied at the moment and i want to get Austria's sphere members (and release more of Bohemia) and generally dismantle Austria, so i can eventually annex the German parts of it.

I just formed the NGF, now i got to fight France, who is allid with Britain, Netherlands, Belgium and Sardinia. Any tips?

Last edited:
It should be very easy. Especially as NGF. You need to play defensively. First, let them attack you. After you repel their first attacks, move in one/two small regiments (there's 2 reasons they're small: a. attrition b. to lure them in to attack you so you can reinforce with your other regiments). Eventually, you'll make it. Oh and I would at least get Bohemia. It's got a crapload of german pops and a really high population altogether.

Last edited:
Just add Holstein and Denmark to your sphere peacefully.

Easy way:

You can join alliance with someone who share border with France, e.g. Austria.

Hard way:

let France take some of your land, attrition penalty is very high at the beginning of the game.

Just beat them, surround their armies to vanquish them, and occupy France into oblivion. I got them out of GP last time they dared meddle into my war for Ghana.

when i fight france as prussia/NGF i always fight them by my self and suck all of their numbers in to saarbucken that way i have a shorter border that needs to be defended.

when i fight france as prussia/NGF i always fight them by my self and suck all of their numbers in to saarbucken that way i have a shorter border that needs to be defended.

Then what? The French simply uses Belgium or their fleet to bypass the army there. Also what should i do when i sufficiently destroy the French enough?

Then what? The French simply uses Belgium or their fleet to bypass the army there. Also what should i do when i sufficiently destroy the French enough?

First off, Belgium should be on your side (sphere them). Now, if it's not, you can just divide your forces, it's no biggie. After you repel them, send in 1-2 small regiments to siege areas with defence modifiers, so that you both avoid attrition and have the ability to destroy them by reinforcing after they attack, thinking they can beat you with numbers. Just take it easy, France is easy to destroy as Prussia. Just keep moving forward and occupying more of their provinces slowly but steadily. With WE rising, their budget sliding into deficit (same expenses, less income),their inability to deal with closed factories and the dropping number of available soldier POPs, they'll be pretty much boned after you occupy 6-7 provinces. After that, I'd advise that you occupy everything to destroy their industry once and for all and then either take another 2-3 provinces (franche comte) or just start freeing people, because you *need* to get them out of the game right now, or you'll have to deal with their constant attacks for the rest of the game, and while it may be easy to deal with them at first, eventually they might catch you at a bad time and deal some damage.

Last edited:
i like to do what prussia did historically encircletheir entire army in a few battles once they cross over into my land they are as good as dead. the only way youll have a bit of difficulty is if austria or russia are on their side but it still shouldent be that hard, and if they run away chase after them.

You don't have to fight France until you become NGF. Add Holstein to your sphere peacefully, then take Schleswig-Holstein from Denmark. I have never had any interventions. Or you could do it the other way around; first fight Denmark, then wait for the truce to end and then add Holstein to your sphere. If you want a good starting point for the scramble for Africa you could also take Danish Ghana.

You can always lose that war and some lands to be able to go fascist later in the game together with the gutter crown... Fascist player-run Germany is unbeatable in a land war.

You can always lose that war and some lands to be able to go fascist later in the game together with the gutter crown... Fascist player-run Germany is unbeatable in a land war.

Why is that? Does the fascist party have jingo war policy or something? Or is there something else as well?

You don't have to fight France until you become NGF. Add Holstein to your sphere peacefully, then take Schleswig-Holstein from Denmark. I have never had any interventions. Or you could do it the other way around; first fight Denmark, then wait for the truce to end and then add Holstein to your sphere. If you want a good starting point for the scramble for Africa you could also take Danish Ghana.

Formed Germany now. Got Germany and Austria (modern day), along with a bit of Morroco, Dumyat, West Africa and Siam. Also took Algiers off France. Now i somehow got to take India...

to challange britain youll need a navy bigger than theyres a base in the far east to make takeing india easier( but thats optional) but if you wanna take india of britain take for example wales from them that way you havent got t transport hundreds of thousnads of troops to britain every war. good luck takeing india take the most populous indian states first like bengal.

to challange britain youll need a navy bigger than theyres a base in the far east to make takeing india easier( but thats optional) but if you wanna take india of britain take for example wales from them that way you havent got t transport hundreds of thousnads of troops to britain every war. good luck takeing india take the most populous indian states first like bengal.
I did this playing as Japan (each army trip from Japan can take 2 or 3 months).
Now that I own Wales, my armies can be ready for the war (UK loves containment wars).

Interesting strategy delra... not something I'd think to do, but you could be on to something here....

Why is that? Does the fascist party have jingo war policy or something? Or is there something else as well?

More importantly is that you'll have oodles of jingoism going on to keep stacking on those war goals. IIRC, the conservatives in Germany already have jingoism so I think the political advantages are minimal.