+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Merchant Republic DLC

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIDungeonlandEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    Penumbra - Black PlagueSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldThe Showdown EffectWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    If they make a merchant republic DLC they also have to make a Renaissance DLC!

WIth artists, writers, scientists and, of course, machiavellian politics. And well, maybe cardinals and the possibility to influence the Curia and become Pope >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Galaahd View Post
    If they make a merchant republic DLC they also have to make a Renaissance DLC!

WIth artists, writers, scientists and, of course, machiavellian politics. And well, maybe cardinals and the possibility to influence the Curia and become Pope >_>
    Umm, that's called Europa Universalis 3.

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessEuropa Universalis IV

They could introduce the idea of quarters, giving merchant families the ability to acquire quarters in different cities and get their candidates elected to those cities. The loss of the last quarter would mean the end of the dynasty.

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIDungeonlandEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    Penumbra - Black PlagueSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldThe Showdown EffectWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jordanjay29 View Post
    Umm, that's called Europa Universalis 3.
    Except that the character system of CK 2 could model the era in a different way...

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I think a merchant republic DLC could be very, very awesome, but if it's made it should be with or after a DLC focusing on family relationships. I think the game is very well done, but the familial aspect is a bit too bland to my liking. In a Denmark game where my family (Started with Sweyn II of Denmark) had expanded a lot, where my extended dynasty (Not my vassals and most of them were independent) were Kings in Eire, Wales, England, Norway, Navarra, as well as Dukes in the Holy Lands, Southern Italy, Flanders and more - but even though this felt like an awesome achievement and it was a very good playthrough, I was a bit dismayed by the lack of options to deal with family members in other countries. If republics should be modelled, I think the familial aspect should be particularly emphasises, and the feudal system could use that as well.
    That would be a wet dream for me.

But without better familial content I don't think that it'd be fun to play families living in republics. Inter-personal relations aren't good enough to model that, sadly.
    Are medals that important to you? - Jayavarman
    Nationality: World Citizen, Religion: -, Ideology: Anarcho-Syndicalist, Issues: Full Citizenship / Pacifism, Current Work: Student, Militancy: 8 (+ 0.74), Consciousness: 10 (+0.53), Revolt Risk: 15%

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Galaahd View Post
    Except that the character system of CK 2 could model the era in a different way...
    I think the way EU3 models it is truer to the way the Renaissance actually worked.

I see similarities between what i proposed months ago and the new DLC.

Regardless, THANKS FOR THIS DLC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2