• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Updated the Titular Title Generator's changelog, it was a little outdated...so if you see someone edited in my name...it's okay...I didn't delete anything. ;D

EDIT: Actually I hope you didn't mind but I added stuff to a lot of pages...once I start I can't really stop...hope you guys like what I added...if not just change it back. ;D
No, that's great :)

Challenge: We need to try and make the CK2 wiki the largest, most comprehensive of all the PI wikis!

We need to write a script that can interpret the event files and automatically produce standardized articles based on them. (Preferably, using the localization files for the event text as well.) That would be a huge content expansion.

If I may be so bold, I have a proposal for rearranging the categories. The category system is pretty messy, at the moment. I think there should be:

1) At the highest level, a separation between pages that deal with the game, and pages that deal with the wiki. For example, The Dead Linger Wiki has the main categories Content and Organization, which contain pages about the game and pages about the wiki respectively.
2) There needs to be standardization in category names. Some are plural, some are not. Category names are generally in the plural (e.g. a "Lists" category).
3) Category names need to be clearer.
4) Subcategories need to have appropriate categories over them. For example, "List" is now under "Game concept", which is weird.
5) There need to be more subcategories. "Modding" currently has some articles about particular game files, which probably ought to get their own subcategory.

And as an aside, article names now use title capitalization, while it is standard for wikis to use sentence capitalization rules. "Building Analysis" would properly be named "Building analysis" on most wikis. (E.g. on Wikipedia.) It'd be a lot of work to change now, but it irks me, so if I have the go-ahead I'm willing to make the change. :p

Last edited:
What would help the most is if we could somehow get the Wikia guys to help us as well, but last time an attempt was made to get them onboard the owner of that wiki didn't want to :/

Well, I think I will continue to improve the mod section, if that is alright with you, of course.

Well, I think I will continue to improve the mod section, if that is alright with you, of course.
All improvements are fine with me. The only things that aren't fine are edit wars (none have happened so far) and vandalism (we used to get a number of spam bots before).

All improvements are fine with me. The only things that aren't fine is edit wars (none have happened so far) and vandalism (we used to get a number of spam bots before).

Well, it might think of me as spam because there was one small one that had only a couple of words and I guess I put...I don't know...38,000 more words/symbols.

We need to write a script that can interpret the event files and automatically produce standardized articles based on them. (Preferably, using the localization files for the event text as well.) That would be a huge content expansion.

If I may be so bold, I have a proposal for rearranging the categories. The category system is pretty messy, at the moment. I think there should be:

1) At the highest level, a separation between pages that deal with the game, and pages that deal with the wiki. For example, The Dead Linger Wiki has the main categories Content and Organization, which contain pages about the game and pages about the wiki respectively.
2) There needs to be standardization in category names. Some are plural, some are not. Category names are generally in the plural (e.g. a "Lists" category).
4) Subcategories need to have appropriate categories over them. For example, "List" is now under "Game concept", which is weird.
5) There need to be more subcategories. "Modding" currently has some articles about particular game files, which probably ought to get their own subcategory.

And as an aside, article names now use title capitalization, while it is standard for wikis to use sentence capitalization rules. "Building Analysis" would properly be named "Building analysis" on most wikis. (E.g. on Wikipedia.) It'd be a lot of work to change now, but it irks me, so if I have the go-ahead I'm willing to make the change. :p

Is a script to do such a thing to event files possible?

I do agree with most of your suggestions about categories being clearer and better organised and also that there could be more subcategories.

As for using sentence case for titles...lets just say that those of us who consider Oxford University to be the Messiah of the English Language would be consider that change to be heretical! XD

Is a script to do such a thing to event files possible?

Sure...theoretically. The files are consistently structured, and each event has unique identifiers. It would probably be a lot of work to write a script like that, though. Doesn't the EUIII wiki use something like that? I seem to recall them having a bot for it.

As for using sentence case for titles...lets just say that those of us who consider Oxford University to be the Messiah of the English Language would be consider that change to be heretical! XD

Not to disparage Oxford, but using sentence case is a well-established standard for encyclopedias! This is simply a usage that Wikipedia (and in its wake, most other wikis) tried to emulate. Just look at the Encyclopædia Britannica, the oldest English encyclopedia that's still being produced. Britannica Online has its article at "space exploration", not "Space Exploration".

1) For the most part the wiki-related pages are in the Project namespace (Crusader Kings II Wiki:page-name). If there are any exceptions please point them out so I can rectify them.
2) True that.
3) Not sure which you're referring to, but some of them could probably be clearer, yes.
4) Point.
5) There aren't all that many modding concepts that have enough pages to justify subcategories yet.
6) Titles are titles, and are capitalized as such ;)

1) For the most part the wiki-related pages are in the Project namespace (Crusader Kings II Wiki:page-name). If there are any exceptions please point them out so I can rectify them.
2) True that.
3) Not sure which you're referring to, but some of them could probably be clearer, yes.
4) Point.
5) There aren't all that many modding concepts that have enough pages to justify subcategories yet.

In regards to categorization... Namespaces and categories aren't mutually exclusive, they complement each other. So just because something is in the right namespace, doesn't mean it shouldn't also be a part of a good category system.

As for titles, like the point I made in another post, it's fairly standard to not use title case in an encyclopedia (wiki or othewise). Just look at any paper encyclopedia, or Wikipedia.

2) True that.
4) Point.

When I added things, I mad sure each new one had a capital letter, it bugs me when you start a sentence with a lower case and I also put periods...I mean seriously, periods should be standard. ;D