• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Don't we have a CK2 wiki already? Either way this is a great idea if you can pull it off.

Don't we have a CK2 wiki already? Either way this is a great idea if you can pull it off.
Yup.
My comment on that wiki:
Not as active, and uses Wikia rather than MediaWiki. Wikia is not as userfriendly as MediaWiki.
In addition, our wiki has no ads, and if any are ever added, they'll be non-intrusive.

This wiki looks much nicer than the wikia one. Would you compare the goal for this one to the EU3 one and having all the events and everything? Seems interesting to try and write something to put the events in a more readable form or at least a wiki displayable one.

This wiki looks much nicer than the wikia one. Would you compare the goal for this one to the EU3 one and having all the events and everything? Seems interesting to try and write something to put the events in a more readable form or at least a wiki displayable one.
I'm not sure that'd be feasible; Crusader Kings II has several thousand events.

I agree with PiemasterXL in awarding the Wiki contributors with kittens. Excellent work, I have whiled away much time reading Meneth's informative articles on the Wikia and look forward to helping with the Wiki in the future - Thank you!

I agree with PiemasterXL in awarding the Wiki contributors with kittens. Excellent work, I have whiled away much time reading Meneth's informative articles on the Wikia and look forward to helping with the Wiki in the future - Thank you!
If you haven't already, check out our CAPTCHAs. Rather than using the standard distorted text method, we instead have you pick out the cats from pictures of cats and dogs.
Apparently, it's the most effective CAPTCHA system that can be easily implemented into MediaWiki. Plus, it has cats.

"I have whiled away much time reading Meneth's informative articles on the Wikia"
All of those are on CKII Wiki as well.

Would you be opposed to a complete overhaul of the breeding guide on the wiki? DNA is only used for the appearance of a character, and there have been "number-crunching" studies on the inheritance of traits which would probably be better to use than your own personal experience.

Would you be opposed to a complete overhaul of the breeding guide on the wiki? DNA is only used for the appearance of a character, and there have been "number-crunching" studies on the inheritance of traits which would probably be better to use than your own personal experience.
Feel free to improve upon any page on the wiki.

I don't see the point. It's of no use in learning the game. For example the education page just gives a table of attributes, it wouldn't help a player make a decision about who they want to educate a child, it doesn't mention how to choose a guardian, or even that the player can choose the guardian. The rest of the wiki is similar. The construction page for example only mentions construction projects in baronies, nothing at all about cities or temples.

If a new player came to the game there'd be no way they could learn to play from this. So, is it meant to be a reference? It just seems to me that if you have to know the game to understand it then you'd know pretty much all of it already.

Is the wiki for educational/guide purposes only or might there be room for history about certain start dates, holdings, dynasties or should that stay on original Wikipedia?

I don't see the point. It's of no use in learning the game. For example the education page just gives a table of attributes, it wouldn't help a player make a decision about who they want to educate a child, it doesn't mention how to choose a guardian, or even that the player can choose the guardian. The rest of the wiki is similar. The construction page for example only mentions construction projects in baronies, nothing at all about cities or temples.

If a new player came to the game there'd be no way they could learn to play from this. So, is it meant to be a reference? It just seems to me that if you have to know the game to understand it then you'd know pretty much all of it already.

I'd add some tips to the wiki pages then.

We plan on making a Beginner's Guide or similar. Feel free to make a start at one ;)

"The construction page for example only mentions construction projects in baronies, nothing at all about cities or temples."
That page is in the process of being split into a page for each holding-type.

Is the wiki for educational/guide purposes only or might there be room for history about certain start dates, holdings, dynasties or should that stay on original Wikipedia?
That's probably better suited for Wikipedia yes.