• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Game of Thrones page could stand to be expanded. Answering the same set of questions over and over drives me mad.
'Why the North doesn't have ships?' 'Why can't I build?' 'Why the technology doesn't work like in vanilla?' 'Why non-Targaryen High Valyrians die off at 16?' 'Why do the Targaryens marry in family and other don't?' 'Why can't I marry an Iron Islander?' 'Why don't I have ships?' etc.

Also, google "citadel forum a game of thrones", and it should give you a link to the mod forum outside of P-dox forums.
Then go ahead and edit it ;)

I'm going around various pages making notes about what I think should be added to certain pages. I'd add them myself but I don't have an install on my laptop.
Sounds good.

I registered, added and fixed some stuff in the "A Game of Thrones" page, but I can't add the links to the mod forum, despite being registered and logged in (the captcha kicks in every time, I solve it and it's back to the captcha page...)

I registered, added and fixed some stuff in the "A Game of Thrones" page, but I can't add the links to the mod forum, despite being registered and logged in (the captcha kicks in every time, I solve it and it's back to the captcha page...)
That bit of the CAPTCHA sadly doesn't seem to be working, but is needed to deter spam-bots. I'll see if I can make it more transparent by disabling adding links entirely for regular users.

Why some provinces have double names?

The names were originally copy/pasted from map/definition.csv, but then I noticed that many of the province names in definition.csv did not match the names displayed in-game. As far as I can tell, definition.csv has the original names from the game's origin, but they've changed the in-game names over the various patches - for whatever reason they may have had (if you look at old Youtube Let's Plays, you'll occasionally see the original names on the provinces).

I didn't want to choose one name and not have the other - because some people may find one or the other more useful/necessary, so I decided to keep them both, with the current in-game names being displayed in parenthesis.

Hope that helps.

The names were originally copy/pasted from map/definition.csv, but then I noticed that many of the province names in definition.csv did not match the names displayed in-game. As far as I can tell, definition.csv has the original names from the game's origin, but they've changed the in-game names over the various patches - for whatever reason they may have had (if you look at old Youtube Let's Plays, you'll occasionally see the original names on the provinces).

I didn't want to choose one name and not have the other - because some people may find one or the other more useful/necessary, so I decided to keep them both, with the current in-game names being displayed in parenthesis.

Hope that helps.
Seems rather reasonable.

Will you be writing any more walkthroughs for the wiki by the way? They're nice to have.

Wasn't sure how to create templates so for now I borrowed the EU3 wiki's one. Here is a basic working of my modified JunuxxBot.
Looks okay.
Make a user specifically for the script so I can mark it as a bot. That'll let it bypass a lot of limits and such.

Looks okay.
Make a user specifically for the script so I can mark it as a bot. That'll let it bypass a lot of limits and such.
Alright, i'll go do that now. A lot of CK2 events don't have names defined in the localisation file and AI only events have no description or option names either. I'm trying to poke around in the code to just use the defined name in the file if there is no localisation for it. I'll also try tweaking how the percentages of gaining traits is displayed. Python isn't really my forte but i'm wading through it.

I'm being denied by robots.txt for the sumbitarticle.py, can I get excepted by robots.txt?

Last edited:
Will you be writing any more walkthroughs for the wiki by the way? They're nice to have.

Thanks for saying so. Nobody else has written any, so I wondered whether there was a dearth of interest.

Anyway, I'm definitely interested in making more. Though, I mean: I've only ever really played as the Jimenas, von Hapsburg's, Yngling's, and de Vivars (after giving Castille's marshal some land). So everything else is just my impressions playing them my first-time through.

Also, I enjoy playing the same save for a few hundred years rather than continuously trying new scenarios, and I'm currently involved in the save I made for the Norway Walkthrough, so it might be a bit until I write another.

Though I might make a Denmark one fairly soon. I think I pressed their claim for the English throne once, and it was pointless - all the English hated me because I was wrong culture. However, it occurred to me just now, as I was thinking of a list of interesting nations to do a walkthrough for, that he could have asked the pope for an invasion CB just like the other claimants - and that would be a war worth fighting.

Thanks for saying so. Nobody else has written any, so I wondered whether there was a dearth of interest.

Anyway, I'm definitely interested in making more. Though, I mean: I've only ever really played as the Jimenas, von Hapsburg's, Yngling's, and de Vivars (after giving Castille's marshal some land). So everything else is just my impressions playing them my first-time through.

Also, I enjoy playing the same save for a few hundred years rather than continuously trying new scenarios, and I'm currently involved in the save I made for the Norway Walkthrough, so it might be a bit until I write another.

Though I might make a Denmark one fairly soon. I think I pressed their claim for the English throne once, and it was pointless - all the English hated me because I was wrong culture. However, it occurred to me just now, as I was thinking of a list of interesting nations to do a walkthrough for, that he could have asked the pope for an invasion CB just like the other claimants - and that would be a war worth fighting.
Sounds good.

I'm working on getting all the events on to the wiki but I want to make sure i'm parsing them right first. Here is a list of a few random events I pulled. If they generally make sense or if something feels out of place, please, let me know.

I'm working on getting all the events on to the wiki but I want to make sure i'm parsing them right first. Here is a list of a few random events I pulled. If they generally make sense or if something feels out of place, please, let me know.
Seems to work okay that. Just make sure you're actually logged in when you start the bot properly.

'M going to update AGOT page tomorrow with a description of how to go around "will not show up in launcher" issue (as soon as I find the description, anyway)

Further improvements have been made to the front page, and the wiki now has a new logo:
bvjbR.png