• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Any chances to get a Dev Diares page simliar to one from EU4Wiki? The sticky page from thisforum are not updated since SoA.
Sorry you got blocked by the spam filter; I've unblocked you.
Make sure your first edit doesn't contain any links and it won't happen again.
Just copying the EU4 Wiki page over without modification isn't very useful though; it has to be modified to refer to CKII dev diaries instead.

Not sure about the Dev Diares dedicated page, maybe we could link related dev diaries on each major DLC pages, under specific section ?
Having a dev diary page has worked pretty well on the EU4 Wiki, and then having each expansion link to the dev diary page.

Sorry you got blocked by the spam filter; I've unblocked you.
Make sure your first edit doesn't contain any links and it won't happen again.
Just copying the EU4 Wiki page over without modification isn't very useful though; it has to be modified to refer to CKII dev diaries instead.

Sorry, I was trying to check preview but hit save instead of preview button (eh, early morning) and get banned. I was doing this on my user-page, not actual article anyway.

Sorry, I was trying to check preview but hit save instead of preview button (eh, early morning) and get banned. I was doing this on my user-page, not actual article anyway.
Ah, makes sense. Anyway, just make sure to make a single edit of some sort, and the filter won't apply any more.

I updated Zoroastrian section.

+ Renamed religious group.
+ Description of playable Zoroastrians in Charlemagne
+ New Manichaen ruler in ToG
+ Changed description to show Pecheneg Manichaens are now vassals of Khazaria
+ Slight tweaks on tips and tricks since Vandad is no longer the sole powerful Zoroastrian
+ Added few barebones "interesting character" descriptions to note there are rulers there to simulate Sogdians and Uyghur.

Is "Magyar conversion" strategy feasible anymore or is it outdated and thus something to be removed?

I finished creating skeleton of Developer diaries page. At this point only links and dates collumn are filled and some comments from you tube descriptions are copied for Video Dev Diares.

In the selection of the Video I have choosen to include: Dev Diares, Hilights and Paradox Live fragmnets about the CK2. I hope that someone better at writing abstracts will fill the descriptions.

Last edited:
I finished creating skeleton of Developer diaries page. At this point only links and dates collumn are filled and some comments from you tube descriptions are copied for Video Dev Diares.

In the selection of the Video I have choosen to include: Dev Diares, Hilights and Paradox Live fragmnets about the CK2. I hope that someone better are writing abstracts will fill the descriptions.
Thanks! Nice to finally have a page about dev diaries.

Recommendation from a rookie

I have just found CKII and am totally confused. Well, maybe not totally, but really puzzled and perhaps it is because I came from EUIII & IV where your kingdom/empire/whatever stays intact unless someone takes parts from you. In CKII when I die my kids break it up into pieces so all my work to create a kingdom is gone. Duchy 1 went to Joe and Duchy 2 went to Jim, resulting in two separate pieces. One time when playing in Ireland a kid, thru marriage, became Duke of Cornwall and took part of my kingdom with him, very frustrating. I have part of my dynasty over in jolly, old England, expanding the overall influence of my family, yet I and my heir(s) are now weaker than before.

It would be nice to have a concept page, if one has not been written. Does having my bloodline spread across the globe count for something or is it just what my direct heir controls? CKII does not seem to be like any other game and I am having a tough time getting my brain around it.

Thanks and sorry for being such a dunce.

One thing I'm curious about is that the gold costs of buildings in my games seem to be about 50% greater than the gold costs listed in the wiki, even for tribal buildings. What's going on there?

One thing I'm curious about is that the gold costs of buildings in my games seem to be about 50% greater than the gold costs listed in the wiki, even for tribal buildings. What's going on there?
If I remember correctly, vanilla at some point added a 1.5 multiplier to build costs via defines.lua. So all costs are multiplier by 1.5, making them 50% higher.
This should probably be noted somewhere.

If I remember correctly, vanilla at some point added a 1.5 multiplier to build costs via defines.lua. So all costs are multiplier by 1.5, making them 50% higher.
This should probably be noted somewhere.
There aren't any DLCs that alter that figure, are there? It seems like the relevant pages should be altered to reflect what a non-modding player will see when they start a new game.

There aren't any DLCs that alter that figure, are there? It seems like the relevant pages should be altered to reflect what a non-modding player will see when they start a new game.
I'm pretty sure DLC doesn't affect it, yeah. The numbers that the players end up seeing is definitely what should be used.

What is the code "unique = yes" means?

I've seen the code "unique = yes" at Trait modding of Crusader Kings II Wiki .Here is the website:http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Trait_modding

It says :"Only one character in the game may have this trait at any given time and enables scoping directly to that character in events."

Is it true ?

Has any people done this test ?

I want to buide a new trait and add this code to stop AI to use your new trait!

I'm pretty sure DLC doesn't affect it, yeah. The numbers that the players end up seeing is definitely what should be used.

Hey man!

What is the code "unique = yes" means?

I've seen the code "unique = yes" at Trait modding of Crusader Kings II Wiki .Here is the website:http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Trait_modding

It says :"Only one character in the game may have this trait at any given time and enables scoping directly to that character in events."

Is it true ?

Has any people done this test ?

I want to buide a new trait and add this code to stop AI to use your new trait!

Thanks!

The 'unique = yes' flag for traits has been taken down from the CKII Wiki. I was the one that added it initially, so my bad: it was once used by AGOT (and by myself). Somewhere in the 2.1.x patches of CKII, the engine started spitting out at a syntax error when unique=yes was used in a trait definition, so at some point support for it disappeared. However, cached=yes still works and does allow for special syntax to directly scope to any holders of the trait efficiently.

Meneth, would it annoy you if I moved over the whole very-old-archive of user mods to the wiki? I can't have it for refernce on the new superlist, So I thought this would be the best place of putting it.