+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Do we put a link or just our ID in the "Steam profile" section of the beta signup?

But, regardless of what you have to post, I doubt it has that much of an effect, since the beta key will probably be sent to your e-mail, but I guess it's to ensure that people aren't using alt accounts for extra beta invites.

I'd like confirmation. :P
    "Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Safeguard the helpless. Never lie, even if it leads to your death." - Godfrey of Ibelin

Recruit
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Lead and GoldMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Regardless what I was meant to put there, what they asked for was Steam Account, if they wanted my profile URL they should have requested my Community URL which is what it is called.

So either your all wrong suggesting that you were meant to put in your URL, or its a very bad mistake and should hopefuly be remedied ASAP.

It is 100% your login name. I don't see how this is so hard. They use steam to give you the client. Just like they wanted your account for the alpha sign up. It's the same thing people.
    I play as wK_Tron

For those unsure about Account Name vs Community ID for the beta...

http://www.facebook.com/AWarofRoses

Apparently we have some confirmation now.

"Steam Account name or Community Profile name, Fatshark?!

Steam Account name."

So there we have it. Use the name on your login for Steam. Guess we made that more complicated for ourselves than it really was.

If you wanna say thanks by using my referral link to sign yourself up, I'd be much obliged.

http://www.waroftherosesthegame.com/?ref=920c20c7735

Cheers.

Oh god, so it WAS steam account name.. so, community profile name doesnt work? Great. There goes my 5 referrals xD

Thought that was pretty stupid, never listen to forumers!.. loljks

Well i am out then, not going through it again

Anyone know the deal with getting all five? You get a confirmation or anything? I know for a fact I have at least five signups !

Just to confrim what someone else had already posted. It's the name you use to log in that they are after, your account name. If you put something else there though don't worry yourself over it. Get your 5 sign ups and you should be just fine!

Why would it have been Community URL? It is more efficient and direct to get reach an account via their account namee. When adding someone as a friend you use their account name. Its basically the same thing really as the Community URL, except that its much easier and orderly to just type in your account name.

Quote Originally Posted by Metz View Post
    Why would it have been Community URL? It is more efficient and direct to get reach an account via their account namee. When adding someone as a friend you use their account name. Its basically the same thing really as the Community URL, except that its much easier and orderly to just type in your account name.
    Unless I'm mistaken, your community handle is the only one that most people get to see. I show up to everyone online as TallSilhouette but my login name is something else entirely that only Steam staff and I are privy to (afaik). So if we gave them our root account name but they could only browse and contact our community profiles, they wouldn't be able to find us to give us our keys. In all likelihood there wouldn't be a problem for most whichever name they gave, but we still wanted clarification before applying to make sure there wasn't any confusion or ambiguities.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

I just put the name I use to login which is "Jaxx2009" and I have gotten more than 5 people to signup using my link. Is there any kind of confirmation email or something that alerts me after I get my 5 people or do I just have to hope they counted?
    Europa Universalis IV Scottish Let's Play/AAR
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...0#post15996540

As things stand there appears to be no way of knowing if you have made 5 referrals. Just wait patiently until closer to the start of testing and I am sure you will get more info.

No. The name other contacts see is your profile name, and that's good. But to add friend you have to know their login name, which is the "steam account name". Unless you already know where to find them, that is. The name you put in when logging in is not private between you and Steam. It is needed for certain operations. Like adding friends. If you give someone your account name he will be very well capable of contacting you.

So what happened if we used the wrong one? Over half of the people who signed up probably used the wrong ones, does that mean that our beta invites are now invalid or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Raneman View Post
    So what happened if we used the wrong one? Over half of the people who signed up probably used the wrong ones, does that mean that our beta invites are now invalid or something?
    Don't worry about it, just make sure you get your referrals.

Community Manager Administrator BjornB's Avatar
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ProjectAngel View Post
    Don't worry about it, just make sure you get your referrals.
    ...and that they confirm their emails. That is what will make most people miss the guaranteed invite (if referred person does not confirm, referral invalid)
    You can always check out my reborn twitter attempt: @BjornB_pdx - it kind of sucks though. But sometimes there is interesting/useful info there

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by BjornB View Post
    ...and that they confirm their emails. That is what will make most people miss the guaranteed invite (if referred person does not confirm, referral invalid)
    How can we know if they did that? Or how many referrals we have gotten to sign up?
    Europa Universalis IV Scottish Let's Play/AAR
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...0#post15996540

I guess the only way to be sure is to get more sign ups lol.

Community Manager Administrator BjornB's Avatar
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ProjectAngel View Post
    I guess the only way to be sure is to get more sign ups lol.
    This
    You can always check out my reborn twitter attempt: @BjornB_pdx - it kind of sucks though. But sometimes there is interesting/useful info there

nvm me ^^ found it
    Last edited by Democatai; 28-07-2012 at 16:41.
    Swedish Tavern at YouTube - Your Game our Work

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast