+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: England vs France

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesMagickaVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Oh, sorry it was kind of late last night. If you want it to last forever it needs to say duration = -1

Quote Originally Posted by Malicite View Post
    Oh, sorry it was kind of late last night. If you want it to last forever it needs to say duration = -1
    Thx and can i somehow give the modifier to provinces through the history files, so that they have it if the game starts ?

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesMagickaVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

I know Bohemia has a decision that fires an event at game start up that sets everything that MEIOU uses. I've never really used the history files so I'm unsure what you'd need to do though.

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    83 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Clonefusion View Post
    Thx and can i somehow give the modifier to provinces through the history files, so that they have it if the game starts ?
    Nope, only country flags and decisions can be set in country history files. Modifiers and province flags can be set i history files.
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • Europa Universalis IV •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Français | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    • Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp. •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    • Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication •
    • Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club ! •

What are country flags based on ?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

How do you mean? I think it's normally the heraldry of the rulers/nation, for instance England is the three lions first used by Richard I which became the coat of arms, France is the Fleur-de-lis used on their CoA, and Anglo-France is the combination of the two used by the Plantagenets when they claimed both the thrones.
    Ex-MEIOU fellow (on a long unplanned hiatus, may go back later) - AARland Fan of the Week: 3 Feb '13

<Between Characters> in ThunderHawk3's Edge of Europe - A Belgian Interactive AAR (Previous characters: Palomer, Cartier,
    Jean de Croÿ, Willems-Hopegood)

Darkest HourEuropa Universalis: Chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by SirkTheMonkey View Post
    How do you mean? I think it's normally the heraldry of the rulers/nation, for instance England is the three lions first used by Richard I which became the coat of arms, France is the Fleur-de-lis used on their CoA, and Anglo-France is the combination of the two used by the Plantagenets when they claimed both the thrones.
    Pretty sure he meant country modifiers, not graphical flags.
    GENERATION 38: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."
    -General Norman Schwarzkopf
    (Sorry, I just had to! :P)

HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by NorwayBernd View Post
    Pretty sure he meant country modifiers, not graphical flags.
    Oh, well if that's the case I guess it's based on what the nations were like historically. The Portuguese explored and colonised, the French had issues reining in their nobility until they got their act together (those decisions which change the trait), the English ruled the waves, the Turks had a big army, etc.
    Ex-MEIOU fellow (on a long unplanned hiatus, may go back later) - AARland Fan of the Week: 3 Feb '13

<Between Characters> in ThunderHawk3's Edge of Europe - A Belgian Interactive AAR (Previous characters: Palomer, Cartier,
    Jean de Croÿ, Willems-Hopegood)

83 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    Which flags ?

Sorry for the confusion. I was talking about tags (although this term in not good either obviously) set by event or in history file, that allows to memorise past events, or single out a nation for effects or further events (or prevent an event to fire over and over again).
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Français | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop

I have seen the Anglo-French empire formed by the AI while I played no role so they know how to land. I can only assume they had no transports. Or where just hoping you would wear them out of course..

83 games registered

Blog Entries
    Some times, AI does display odd behaviour. When that happens, i save the game, resign and reload the game.
    •

Quote Originally Posted by Demostravius View Post
    I have seen the Anglo-French empire formed by the AI while I played no role so they know how to land. I can only assume they had no transports. Or where just hoping you would wear them out of course..
    I never have seen that, but maybe that is because i always play countries in that region, so maybe affects that and i even try to always annoy france, i already managed to get some lands from France at start, but what i found annoying is that if u declare war on France, that the Papal State always joins, the same happens in Hundred´s Years War.
    I know that alliance it to show that France controlled the Pope during that time, but maybe instead of an Alliance, France should get improved relations if Pope has Avignon as capital or u add it in general to the French trait, but i hate to attack France with 10k as Savoy and then this Pope comes around and while i beat those armies, France has time to beat England and if he is done, he gladly comes to me.

83 games registered

Blog Entries
    Usually, if you're in the area, France is sure to get the Lucky trait. Not sure if England gets it... if not, that'd explain why you never saw it.
    •

HOI3: Their Finest HourSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I'm pretty sure this list of "lucky" nations is still valid.

http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Lucky_Nations
    MEIOU cookie • From Gigau.

83 games registered

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallfellow View Post
    I'm pretty sure this list of "lucky" nations is still valid.

http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Lucky_Nations
    Nice, thanks
    •

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3