• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

OdinTGE

Colonel
64 Badges
Oct 29, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
If you form Hispania all the land you hold in Andalusia stops shifting into any of your kingdoms. Add that to the fact that you can't usurp Andalusia if you're not Andalusian and you're looking at a large chunk of your empire not being subject to your crown laws forever. Is this intended?

if you look closely at the andalusian duchies and counties you can see that they are vassals of your imperial title (upper right corner of the county panel, you can see the county CoA next to the duchy CoA and the imperial CoA), and since they already are in dejure spain they won't drift into any of your kingdoms. if you give a duke who currently is a vassal of any your king titles land in andalusia it will drift into the dukes dejure kingdom.

For example, the duke of leon gets the duchy of sevilla. He is a dejure vassal to the leonese crown, and sevillia is now part of his ducky. Thus sevilla is part of leon and it will drift towards it.

So to get a duchy to shift into my control I have to....give it to somebody else? I follow what you're saying but that's just one more thing on a long list of horribly dumb things related to the de jure mechanics.

Andalusia is dejure part of the spanish empire. It is subject to the imperial crownlaws as is territory outside of spain. Unless someone outside of spain is king of andalusia, you control the andalusian laws.

It's really easy to change the de jure ownership of duchies in the save file.

That doesn't fix the game though. I can fix it in this instance, sure. It will happen again 1000000 times to various people playing the game. It's been true since the day the game came out: Crown laws being based on de jure rather than de facto is pants on head idiotic. But! We got de jure shift! A small small step in the right direction...except it doesn't fully work.

That doesn't fix the game though. I can fix it in this instance, sure. It will happen again 1000000 times to various people playing the game. It's been true since the day the game came out: Crown laws being based on de jure rather than de facto is pants on head idiotic. But! We got de jure shift! A small small step in the right direction...except it doesn't fully work.

haha, according to the new patch log, it went a step backwards again. You can't transfer vassals to another kingdom if they are not dejure part of it.

So even if you were emperor of spain and gave your son the kingdom of castile. You can't transfer dukes in andalucia to him because they are not dejure part of castile...

atleast thats how I read the patchlog, I'll find out when I play a hispania game. Probably soon, since they said they beefed up the christians in iberia.