• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(297506)

Recruit
8 Badges
Apr 6, 2011
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Pillars of Eternity
I apologize if this has been asked before, I've searched for it but I haven't found anything.

Anyway, I have a question regarding income from precious metal. Right now I'm playing as the California Republic and I have one precious metal producing province (Mariposa). When I select the province and look at the RGO info it says it produces 9.222 units of precious metal for a total value of 69.163 pounds. However, when I go to my budget tab I only get 13.8 pounds from gold income. Isn't all of the income from gold supposed to go straight to my treasury? Or is it based off of tax/administrative efficiency?

If I'm exporting the rest then where is the extra money? The aristocrats in the province don't have a ton of money saved up.

For a quick update Mariposa is now producing 16.253 units of precious metal for a total listed price of 122.174 pounds and my income from precious metals is only 24.4 pounds. The administrative efficiency for the province is 100%, so that shouldn't make a difference. My tax efficiency is listed under my treasury tab as 50.98% (with 30.98% from technology). 50.98% of 122.174 pounds is 62.3 pounds if precious metal income depended on tax efficiency and I'm making much less than that. Is my game bugged, or is precious metal income calculated differently?

Depending on infrastucture some might get 'lost' on the way.

Isn't all of the income from gold supposed to go straight to my treasury? Or is it based off of tax/administrative efficiency?

The rest income go to workers and aristocrats, unless they are slaves.
It is based on your precious metal RGO eff, and % of aristocrats in this province.
Tax/administrative have no impact, but can help with getting money from pops:)

Last edited: