Using "Establish Protectorate" as an unciv and turning states back into colonies

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

calvinhobbeslik

Field Marshal
22 Badges
Nov 29, 2011
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
If I were to mod the Establish Protectorate CB to allow uncivs to use it, would it make my conquests into colonial regions instead of full states(like the Rangoon region of Burma, which is incorrectly a colony in 1836)? Also, is there a way to turn a state back into a colony, and if not, how would I mod it to turn it back?

Edit: Also, how can I mod Cbs like conquest, protectorate, etc. so I can use them on puppets/substates? I know you can't use them, but the cb_types file never explicitly says that CBs can't be used against vassals.

Well in the case of puppets I want to say that it is hardcoded but, I can't be sure better to ask in the mod forum, and I do belive that when an unciv conquers any land it becomes a colony. In vanilla Victoria you can not change a state into a colony their is a mod that does this however so it is possible to mod it in.

Well in the case of puppets I want to say that it is hardcoded but, I can't be sure better to ask in the mod forum, and I do belive that when an unciv conquers any land it becomes a colony. In vanilla Victoria you can not change a state into a colony their is a mod that does this however so it is possible to mod it in.

I mean if I can conquer something as an unciv so that, not only does it not affect my literacy for the purposes of RPs, but it becomes a colony(not a state) when I westernise.

I don't think it's got to do with the cb, but rather with whether you/the target are civ/unciv. I mean, I could be wrong, but if you take a look at the conquest cb, it's usable by uncivs and civs vs uncivs and civs and it definitely doesn't allow for full state unciv conquest.

If I were to mod the Establish Protectorate CB to allow uncivs to use it, would it make my conquests into colonial regions instead of full states(like the Rangoon region of Burma, which is incorrectly a colony in 1836)?
I dont think so.
Also, is there a way to turn a state back into a colony, and if not, how would I mod it to turn it back?
Mod in signature allows it. But it kinda complicated.//* transfer to unciv and return
Edit: Also, how can I mod Cbs like conquest, protectorate, etc. so I can use them on puppets/substates? I know you can't use them, but the cb_types file never explicitly says that CBs can't be used against vassals.
You cannot. Maybe if you make CB as batch of demand state CB you get it. If it will work...

You cannot. Maybe if you make CB as batch of demand state CB you get it. If it will work...

The main issue with CB's against vassals is that there's simply no diplomatic option to declare war on them (they don't allow any diplomacy, period). Even if you engineer a war with them via event, they cannot ask for peace and neither can you propose peace to them, so wargoals cannot be achieved.

The main issue with CB's against vassals is that there's simply no diplomatic option to declare war on them (they don't allow any diplomacy, period). Even if you engineer a war with them via event, they cannot ask for peace and neither can you propose peace to them, so wargoals cannot be achieved.

Well, when I DOW their master and they automatically join, I can add humiliate and cut down to size against them...

Well, when I DOW their master and they automatically join, I can add humiliate and cut down to size against them...

So the "Add Wargoal" button works, then? Interesting. But can you actually make peace with them, or have them propose peace to you?

So the "Add Wargoal" button works, then? Interesting. But can you actually make peace with them, or have them propose peace to you?

No, I'd have to make peace with their master...but this problem is easily solved with yesmen.

The thing is, I don't want to have to beat China and Korea TWICE in order to be able to annex Korea.