+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Using "Establish Protectorate" as an unciv and turning states back into colonies

  1. #1
    Field Marshal calvinhobbeslik's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    6,565

    Using "Establish Protectorate" as an unciv and turning states back into colonies

    If I were to mod the Establish Protectorate CB to allow uncivs to use it, would it make my conquests into colonial regions instead of full states(like the Rangoon region of Burma, which is incorrectly a colony in 1836)? Also, is there a way to turn a state back into a colony, and if not, how would I mod it to turn it back?

    Edit: Also, how can I mod Cbs like conquest, protectorate, etc. so I can use them on puppets/substates? I know you can't use them, but the cb_types file never explicitly says that CBs can't be used against vassals.

  2. #2
    Major Legions of Rome's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    500k club

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The Great White North
    Posts
    521
    Well in the case of puppets I want to say that it is hardcoded but, I can't be sure better to ask in the mod forum, and I do belive that when an unciv conquers any land it becomes a colony. In vanilla Victoria you can not change a state into a colony their is a mod that does this however so it is possible to mod it in.

  3. #3
    Field Marshal calvinhobbeslik's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    6,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Legions of Rome View Post
    Well in the case of puppets I want to say that it is hardcoded but, I can't be sure better to ask in the mod forum, and I do belive that when an unciv conquers any land it becomes a colony. In vanilla Victoria you can not change a state into a colony their is a mod that does this however so it is possible to mod it in.
    I mean if I can conquer something as an unciv so that, not only does it not affect my literacy for the purposes of RPs, but it becomes a colony(not a state) when I westernise.

  4. #4
    I don't think it's got to do with the cb, but rather with whether you/the target are civ/unciv. I mean, I could be wrong, but if you take a look at the conquest cb, it's usable by uncivs and civs vs uncivs and civs and it definitely doesn't allow for full state unciv conquest.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by calvinhobbeslik View Post
    If I were to mod the Establish Protectorate CB to allow uncivs to use it, would it make my conquests into colonial regions instead of full states(like the Rangoon region of Burma, which is incorrectly a colony in 1836)?
    I dont think so.
    Quote Originally Posted by calvinhobbeslik View Post
    Also, is there a way to turn a state back into a colony, and if not, how would I mod it to turn it back?
    Mod in signature allows it. But it kinda complicated.//* transfer to unciv and return
    Quote Originally Posted by calvinhobbeslik View Post
    Edit: Also, how can I mod Cbs like conquest, protectorate, etc. so I can use them on puppets/substates? I know you can't use them, but the cb_types file never explicitly says that CBs can't be used against vassals.
    You cannot. Maybe if you make CB as batch of demand state CB you get it. If it will work...

  6. #6
    Field Marshal Rylock's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    8,578
    Quote Originally Posted by Nashetovich View Post
    You cannot. Maybe if you make CB as batch of demand state CB you get it. If it will work...
    The main issue with CB's against vassals is that there's simply no diplomatic option to declare war on them (they don't allow any diplomacy, period). Even if you engineer a war with them via event, they cannot ask for peace and neither can you propose peace to them, so wargoals cannot be achieved.

  7. #7
    Field Marshal calvinhobbeslik's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    6,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylock View Post
    The main issue with CB's against vassals is that there's simply no diplomatic option to declare war on them (they don't allow any diplomacy, period). Even if you engineer a war with them via event, they cannot ask for peace and neither can you propose peace to them, so wargoals cannot be achieved.
    Well, when I DOW their master and they automatically join, I can add humiliate and cut down to size against them...

  8. #8
    Field Marshal Rylock's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    8,578
    Quote Originally Posted by calvinhobbeslik View Post
    Well, when I DOW their master and they automatically join, I can add humiliate and cut down to size against them...
    So the "Add Wargoal" button works, then? Interesting. But can you actually make peace with them, or have them propose peace to you?

  9. #9
    Field Marshal calvinhobbeslik's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    6,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylock View Post
    So the "Add Wargoal" button works, then? Interesting. But can you actually make peace with them, or have them propose peace to you?
    No, I'd have to make peace with their master...but this problem is easily solved with yesmen.

    The thing is, I don't want to have to beat China and Korea TWICE in order to be able to annex Korea.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts