Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: AARland Choice AwAARds 2012 (Round 2)

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDiplomacyDungeonland
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaVictoria: RevolutionsSengokuThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    War of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Favourite HOI 1/2/3 AARs (up to 4, please include links)

1 Sweet Home Manitoba by Asalto http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-in-Modern-Day
    2 Rebirth of the Japanese Empire by Kaiser_Mobius http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...an-MDS-1.6-AAR
    3 A House of Cards by Kurt_Steiner http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...MDS-AAR)/page5
    Last edited by Bergioyn; 12-07-2012 at 18:20.

East India CompanyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSemper Fi
    500k club

1 Germany Tutorial: Take 2 from MisterBean
    2 Kriegsgefahr from Rensslaer
    3 Kantai Kessen from TheBromgrev
    4 Panzer-MaaAARsch from Nicegil
    Last edited by Davy; 07-07-2012 at 00:15.
    There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true.
    Sir Winston Churchill
    I'm not the smartest fellow in the world, but I can sure pick smart colleagues.
    Franklin D. Roosevelt
    If you tell people where to go, but not how to get there, you'll be amazed at the results.
    George S. Patton
    The best learning AAR for Hearts of Iron III Semper Fi and For The Motherland registered by Misterbean also available in pdf now click here to download the file

Fan of the week 11 november 2012

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Favourite CK 1/2 AARs (up to 4, please include links)

1 The Norse Kings of England

Favourite EU 1/2/3 AARs (up to 4, please include links)

1 Baghdad in the Sky With Diamonds

1 Last Man and Shilling

Favourite Victoria 1/2/ AARs (up to 4, please include links)

1 The Red Mexican
    2 Empire of the Pacific

If I could add extra votes to Saithis' AAR, I totally would
    Faugh a ballagh!

"A mans got to know his limitations" -Dirty Harry

"Facts are meaningless. You can use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely true" -Homer Simpson

Lady of the North Star Demi Moderator Saithis's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Antonine View Post
    Whoops :S

Okay, delete my post please and I'll vote again once I've had a chance to read to the end of the AARs I'm following to see if they're still active.
    You don't need to delete your post, you can just edit it to remove the vote for yourself and put a different one in.
    Sai's Inkwell - Click here to see more of my writing!
    Ongoing AARs:
    Valour of the North Star - Chronicles of the Hvide Clan: CK2 Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 9th June 2013
    Last Man and Shilling - Semper Fi HPP AustraliAAR: HOI3 SF HPP History-Book AAR, Last Updated: 9th June 2013
    Blood and Gold - The Second Spanish Republic: HOI3 FTM HPP History-Book/Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 18th August 2012
    Kings of Qritani - A Tale of Picts and Celts: Rome Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 4th September, 2012
    Sai Plays Game of Thrones: Burning Down Westeros: CK2 AGOT Gameplay Video AAR, Last Updated: 6th September, 2012
    If I type in this elegant Red, I am speaking in an official capacity as an AARland Demi-Moderator.
    Forum Rules | AARland FAQ | AARland Rules 1 | Rules 2

1 In the Shadow of Painful Doom
    2 God's Kingdom
    3 The Norse Kings of England
    4 A Very Different England

1 The Queen Mother's Diary
    2 Glory for Ulm
    3 Blood Brothers
    4 Pink India

1 How Hockey Saved the Aliies
    2 Last Bastidon of Freedom
    3 Germany's Road to Doomsday
    4 Last Man and Shilling

1 Subcontinental Subleties
    2 Of Laws Not Men
    3 A Hot Yet Cold War
    4 Mantain the Monarchy

Favourite AAR from a game not listed above (Rome, AoD, DH, Mount and Blade, Sengoku - only 1 nomination)

1 Between Heaven and Hell

Quote Originally Posted by Wave View Post
    And a little question: Why the "rest of the games" nomination has only one candidate as they have the largest base of different AARs?
    Seconded. Give DH 4 slots since it's the true inheritor of HoI2, not HoI3! *cough*
    Earth Needs You!
    OPERATION BLUE DANUBE, (It's still a thing)

I think it's too late to change the rules now. They may be changed in the next round, though.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultDungeonland
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Last edited by Soulstrider; 07-07-2012 at 13:20.
    The Eternal State - a DH-KR Ottoman AAR - Dropped due to health reasons

Struggle for the Mediterranean - a BOR Punic War MP AAR
    - Dropped due to AGEOD leaving Paradox

One of these days I will actually finish an AAR

"Holy Roman Empire. Neither Holy, nor Roman, nor an Empire. But it doesn't have any oil so no reason for military intervention" -Voltaire.

Rome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserMuffin View Post
    Seconded. Give DH 4 slots since it's the true inheritor of HoI2, not HoI3! *cough*
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybvep View Post
    I think it's too late to change the rules now. They may be changed in the next round, though.
    Suggest you check out the thread linked to in the first post that sets out the rationale for this decision. In effect, there are relatively few active AARs in those categories and if we had 4 votes you'd end up with very little discrimination in terms of voting pattern. Reducing it to one means that if there are any ties at the end then that is a product of voting pattern not voting design. Its one reason why a discussion thread was put up immediately after the last round, plenty of time to have contributed to the debate on how best to run the ACAs at that point. Most likely there will be another discussion after thread after this round.

Soulstrider - Kneel before Zog is not eligible. As it was included in the 2011 Iron Heaart nominations, that means it has no active updates between 1 Jan 2012 and 1 June 2012.
    Remember, whatever the question, the answer on 18 September is Yes ...

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultDungeonland
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by loki100 View Post

Soulstrider - Kneel before Zog is not eligible. As it was included in the 2011 Iron Heaart nominations, that means it has no active updates between 1 Jan 2012 and 1 June 2012.
    Oh sorry, already edited it and removed it.

Though to be honest I do think the DH AAR forum is very much active, I would even dare to say it is as much active as the HoI3 and Vicky II ones.
    The Eternal State - a DH-KR Ottoman AAR - Dropped due to health reasons

Struggle for the Mediterranean - a BOR Punic War MP AAR
    - Dropped due to AGEOD leaving Paradox

One of these days I will actually finish an AAR

"Holy Roman Empire. Neither Holy, nor Roman, nor an Empire. But it doesn't have any oil so no reason for military intervention" -Voltaire.

Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrider View Post
    Oh sorry, already edited it and removed it.

Though to be honest I do think the DH AAR forum is very much active, I would even dare to say it is as much active as the HoI3 and Vicky II ones.
    The DH AAR is quite active at the moment, but the rules were already discussed months in advance and no decisions to the contrary were made before this thread's time came up. This also isn't the place to discuss it as this is meant to be the thread for making and tallying votes, so can we save the lengthy discussion for the next round's pre-round rules discussion instead of spamming the voting thread with it? Thanks.
    Last edited by Saithis; 07-07-2012 at 14:13. Reason: typo
    Ongoing AARs:
    Valour of the North Star - Chronicles of the Hvide Clan: CK2 Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 9th June 2013
    Last Man and Shilling - Semper Fi HPP AustraliAAR: HOI3 SF HPP History-Book AAR, Last Updated: 9th June 2013
    Blood and Gold - The Second Spanish Republic: HOI3 FTM HPP History-Book/Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 18th August 2012
    Kings of Qritani - A Tale of Picts and Celts: Rome Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 4th September, 2012
    Sai Plays Game of Thrones: Burning Down Westeros: CK2 AGOT Gameplay Video AAR, Last Updated: 6th September, 2012
    If I type in this elegant Red, I am speaking in an official capacity as an AARland Demi-Moderator.

Corporal Cannonfodder Killerflood's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

1 Bastions: Tales of the Anglo Prussians by Mr. Capiatlist

Favourite AGEOD AAR (only 1 nomination)

Favourite AAR from a game not listed above (Rome, AoD, DH, Mount and Blade, Sengoku - only 1 nomination)

My own quotes:
    "Everything is possible with time and imagination, time just hasn't caught up with our imagination."
    "A stagnant brain is a very bad thing. Try keeping your head open to allow fresh air in but not open enough for your brain to fall out."

"Nothing is true, everything is permitted."
    -Altair

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Voltaire - "I would rather be ruled by one lion than by one hundred rats."

My Inkwell

Colonel
    Crusader Kings IIVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Can we only vote for modded AARs such as the GoT AARs for CK2?
    List of AARs:
    Hungary's Rise to Power - EU3 AAR (COMPLETED)
    The White Book - CKII AAR in AGOT mod (COMPLETED)
    From Lords to Kings - CKII AAR in AGOT mod (COMPLETED) Best Character Writer 23/2/13
    The Tales of Tyrol - CKII AAR (ON HOLD) Best Character Writer 13/10/13
    WAAR of Conquest - CKII AAR in AGOT mod (IN PROGRESS)
    Interactive AARs

I was Minister of Education Maximilian Unger, Stadtholder of Mantua of the UAI, in Sonderweg oder Anderweg An interactive AAR in the Hohenzollerns megacampaign. Currently playing as his nephew, Hugo Unger.

Blog Entries
    If you wish, all of your votes can be cast for AARs about mods. There's no reason they couldn't be. They obviously don't have to be, though.
    Ongoing AARs:

Second Lieutenant CanadianCommie's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

1- Empire of the Pacific - A California AAR
    2- Of Laws, Not Men: A New England AAR
    3- So Far From God- A Mexico AHD AAR

1- InTveresting Times: An AfTver Action Report

1 Subcontinental Subtleties By Selzro
    2 The Fate of Nations By CanadianCommie
    3 The Long Run By southpointing

1 In the Age of Superpowers By TC Pilot
    Last edited by AwesomeSauce123; 07-07-2012 at 23:05.
    It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.-Neil Armstrong

Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    March of the EaglesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of Nations
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Favourite AGEOD AAR (only 1 nomination)
    Once upon a time, a revolution, Bornego

VIVE l'EMPEREUR, par Antonine

Nationalité: Québécois
    Religion: catholique
    Réserves monétaires:0 (étudiant)
    Risque de révolte: 49.4%
    Préoccupation: L'indépendance du Québec
    HOI2 type de gouvernement: Social Démocrate
    EU3 gouvernement: Empire Révolutionnaire
    Idéologie: Gauche nationaliste
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ar-double-AAR: my first AAR. a french and indian war game vs Narwal

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast