+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help me understand finances

Help me understand finances

I see that my monthly balance is +2.23 playing as the duchy of Ulster. This is the tooltip that pops out when I hover over my gold icon.

Then, when I click on my Duchy icon, I see another screen that gives a further breakdown of my finances. It says I make about 32.28 or something. And my expenses are nil. What is the connection between this number and the tooltip that said +2.23? How is the tooltip number calculated? I know that financial micro-management has been skillfully avoided in CK2 and much has been delegated, but I would still like to know how this works. Can someone please help me?

That 32.28 on your title page is your yearly income.

The 2.23 on your screen is your monthly income.

Everything else is self-explanatory, for the most part.

The only thing that's a bit strange about your income values is that they don't seem to add up, but I'm not sure what could cause that.

Quote Originally Posted by Martellus. View Post
    That 32.28 on your title page is your yearly income.

The 2.23 on your screen is your monthly income.

Everything else is self-explanatory, for the most part.

The only thing that's a bit strange about your income values is that they don't seem to add up, but I'm not sure what could cause that.
    It could have been caused by my not remembering the exact numbers. I play the game on another machine and interact with another machine. So I can't readily post screenshots to give you an accurate picture.

Thanks. That makes sense. So, in my outlier, I have a list of my baronies from which I collect taxes straight to my pocket. Are those numbers yearly or monthly? I am assuming yearly, considering they are usually higher than my monthly income.

Another thing. I have given several people honorary titles, not to mention my own councillors. Am I paying them? It says that a High Almoner earns about 0.10 per month or something like that - but I don't see my council salary or honorary noble salary listed in my expenses at all. What's with that?

That is just generated money as far as I know.

As in, they will just make 0.10 gold per month out of thin air.

And those numbers are yearly (if you're referring to the values you get when you hover over a holding).

If you want to determine specific vassal taxes you can go to the vassals page under your character's portrait and it will tell you monthly and yearly tax of that vassal to you.

Crusader Kings IIMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Your income also changes with your vassals' and bishops' opinion of you.
    "You wouldn't ask why a rose that grew from concrete had damaged pedals. On the contrary, we would all celebrate it's tenacity. We would all love its will to reach the sun.
    Well, we are the roses. This is the concrete. And these are my damaged pedals. Don't ask me why. Ask me how."
    Tupac Amaru Shakur

+ Reply to Thread