• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

21oliver

Field Marshal
17 Badges
Jun 8, 2010
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
I wasnt sure if i should put this here (did so for maximum visibility) or in the AAR forum (seems like no general threads there, just AARs so i didnt do so). Lately some people in posts have been referring others to particular AARs in regards to nations and game elements so i thought id start this up to help any newbies (like me!) interested in maybe doing some AARs.

Please feel free to post any sites or programs you feel are good for creating AARs. Alot of people use Paint.net i dabbled with it awhile back, i need to download it again. What sites do you like for pictures? How do you like to make arrows? cutouts? text? etc... Help the newbies!

I use the following sites;

photobucket.com for hosting pictures

and

docs.google.com for hosting documents

Hope this helps! ;)

I wasnt sure if i should put this here (did so for maximum visibility) or in the AAR forum (seems like no general threads there, just AARs so i didnt do so). Lately some people in posts have been referring others to particular AARs in regards to nations and game elements so i thought id start this up to help any newbies (like me!) interested in maybe doing some AARs.

Please feel free to post any sites or programs you feel are good for creating AARs. Alot of people use Paint.net i dabbled with it awhile back, i need to download it again. What sites do you like for pictures? How do you like to make arrows? cutouts? text? etc... Help the newbies!

I use the following sites;

photobucket.com for hosting pictures

and

docs.google.com for hosting documents

Hope this helps! ;)

Can I suggest checking out the AARland FAQ - link is in my signature, where a lot of this is covered. If there is anything missing then start up a specific thread in the general AARland page - there are 2 or 3 at the moment on issues such as comments/writing/screenshots and so on. But starting a new one that all can comment on and that I'll add it to the FAQ if it ends up offering something new or worthwhile. In other words there are already a lot of general threads.

Considering the amount of AARs that Paradox games spawn, wouldn´t it be cool if they added in some support for writing AARs directly into the games themselves?

Considering the amount of AARs that Paradox games spawn, wouldn´t it be cool if they added in some support for writing AARs directly into the games themselves?

They already have. That was one of the motivations behind the extra screenshot options Johan put into DW (and all subsequent Paradox grand strategy games) IIRC.