+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AAR Support

Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2

AAR Support

I wasnt sure if i should put this here (did so for maximum visibility) or in the AAR forum (seems like no general threads there, just AARs so i didnt do so). Lately some people in posts have been referring others to particular AARs in regards to nations and game elements so i thought id start this up to help any newbies (like me!) interested in maybe doing some AARs.

Please feel free to post any sites or programs you feel are good for creating AARs. Alot of people use Paint.net i dabbled with it awhile back, i need to download it again. What sites do you like for pictures? How do you like to make arrows? cutouts? text? etc... Help the newbies!

I use the following sites;

photobucket.com for hosting pictures

and

docs.google.com for hosting documents

Hope this helps!

Rome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight

Quote Originally Posted by 21oliver View Post
    I wasnt sure if i should put this here (did so for maximum visibility) or in the AAR forum (seems like no general threads there, just AARs so i didnt do so). Lately some people in posts have been referring others to particular AARs in regards to nations and game elements so i thought id start this up to help any newbies (like me!) interested in maybe doing some AARs.

Please feel free to post any sites or programs you feel are good for creating AARs. Alot of people use Paint.net i dabbled with it awhile back, i need to download it again. What sites do you like for pictures? How do you like to make arrows? cutouts? text? etc... Help the newbies!

I use the following sites;

photobucket.com for hosting pictures

and

docs.google.com for hosting documents

Hope this helps!
    Can I suggest checking out the AARland FAQ - link is in my signature, where a lot of this is covered. If there is anything missing then start up a specific thread in the general AARland page - there are 2 or 3 at the moment on issues such as comments/writing/screenshots and so on. But starting a new one that all can comment on and that I'll add it to the FAQ if it ends up offering something new or worthwhile. In other words there are already a lot of general threads.
    Remember, whatever the question, the answer on 18 September is Yes ...

Considering the amount of AARs that Paradox games spawn, wouldn´t it be cool if they added in some support for writing AARs directly into the games themselves?

Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2

Np ty Loki

Quote Originally Posted by Zid View Post
    Considering the amount of AARs that Paradox games spawn, wouldn´t it be cool if they added in some support for writing AARs directly into the games themselves?
    That... would be insane.

Argentina Delenda Est Tanzhang (譚張)'s Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossMarch of the EaglesVictoria: Revolutions
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Refusing to Play Between Dream and Reality...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zid View Post
    They already have. That was one of the motivations behind the extra screenshot options Johan put into DW (and all subsequent Paradox grand strategy games) IIRC.
    Loyal we Began, Loyal we Remain: A History of the British Empire After the Great War
    A New Canadian Kaiserreich AAR for Darkest Hour [KR 1.5]
    Winner of: AARland Choice Awards Q1 2014

From Eagle to Phoenix: The Rebirth of the Roman Republic
    A New Roman Republic AAR for Europa Universalis IV
    Winner of: WritAAR of the Week: 08/09/2013, Weekly AAR Showcase: 13/10/2013, Best Character Writer of the Week 01/12/2013, AARland Choice Awards: Q3/4 2013

- I was Fan of the Week: 01/01/2012 and 26/05/2013 and WritAAR of the Year: 2013 ~ Proud recipient of two Kenshin Cookies ~
    - ~ More AARs avaliable at my Inkwell! (硯臺) ~ -

+ Reply to Thread