• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ok, thanks. This is easily fixed, since I just have to delete them from my installation.

Edit:
The problem is there for some eng, hol and ast "29" ship types, too.

Anybody who wants to fix it themselves:

Go to mod-CORE2\gfx\interface\models, list div_ill_???_29_ and delete the pics that are not subs.

It´s twelve files in all.

Last edited:
While its nice to have the syntetic oil and material plants working. I do have a question about thir effiency.

Is the current rate which they produce oil and rares bit too high or was it that high in real WWII enviroment, as im getting rare indipendant Germany whit about 20 oil and 20 rare materirial plants granted they cost alot but the benefits are great meyby too great? As 20 plants (1940) produce max output of ~200 oil and ~100 rare's. at the max cost of ~500 energy (energy to oil) and ~50 metal +160 oil (metal and oil to rare's).

2nd ishue is prop more aod dev team ishue or current game version version(1.07) as you build the synt factories in production screen you can easily build 20 in 1 province, it whud be best if they where contructed in provinces(like infra/IC) rather than production window to prevent over usage.

3rd ishue is also a dev team ishue whit the ship designs: And is some what smaller ishue as there is a work arround it as whit the current u cant realy chose what desing model u use as only the higest is shown, unless you make the ship seperatly and the desing seperatly, wich is the small work arround i come up whit. One way to solve this whud be createing groups ie.(is_partOfGroup="Heavy_Ship_Desing" or something) in the text files in the attachments.

I write the dev team ishues here as well as hopeing you(Tegetthoff) carry them to the dev team as your words prop weigh more than the average players words.

Well thats ennuf ramblings from me hope someone else has oppinions as well.

1st issue: we have already reduced the oil and rare material plant efficiency, but may have to reduce it more.

2nd issue: there were lots of dicussions on this one and I can´t offer an opinion until I have playes the game again at this level, but there were problems with people not being able to build rare material plants at all with a different setting.

3rd issue: sorry, I have read your post three times and do not understand what you want to say...

T.

I think he might be referring to the brigades.

Right now it´s rather difficult to find the appropriate brigades for cruisers, DDs, capital ships etc., because they´re not displayed as a block but scattered throughout the scroll list.

Yes im refering to the brigade you place on the ships (CaD, CrD).

And sorry for my english its not native langue and i rarely get to use it in written so bit out of practice. Ill try to make the next posts more clear if i can.

Edit: What i realy whanted to say, whud prop be best summariced that id best like that some elements of adding brigades(CaD,CrC) chud be done by similary to comboboxes or radio button functionaly but like i sead this is mainly ishue for the devs.

Last edited:
Playing the latest beta of CORE (15) with the latest beta of AOD. Currently I experience CTDs in 1941. Maybe its a problem with the beta (AOD), then again I didn't had these problems in my prior beta (CORE 14b) installation with the latest AOD beta.
Maybe its the current installation, however I uploaded the savegame, in case you want to check. The CTD should come within a few days (at least it did for me in the last 5 tries). It seems that the game doesn't crash if run on higher speeds however. Don't know what I should make out of it.

Attachments

• savegame.rar
    933,3 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Back on the issue whit synthetic factory's i got some further info.
This is a follow up on my previus post.

On a further note on the rare and oil if u make them u end up whit weakened axis. As axis members are reliant for Germany for their energy needs, so currently its a trade off between "strong Germany and weak axis" or "less oil/rare independent Germany and normal axis" and if u go all oust on synthetic oil production Italy ends up whit laughable 64 IC. No even adequate for CC and supplies, so cant recommend it.

This leads to the fact that synthetic material plants are best only used after u conquer/ally rich oil fields Baku/Iraq/Persia/Romania.

But as whit the long construction time u need to build them early so overall well integrated.

On the Germany blitzing Soviets by building mot whit inf-tank's(6x9+3x6) only i whose able to blitz Soviets rather well in my opinion, but did not take Moscow or Leningrad as dint want to prevent total mobilization event. And advanced up to Mongolia in the south in 1 year. Nat china dint back up Shanxi during its war whit Japan, so Japan dint declare war on us till 2 quarter of 1942 about. By this time Soviets had gathered a number of new troops.

Oh and i stated the war agenst Soviets in early June 1941.

Last edited:
Zsumi, please use some sort of spell checking software (eg. MS Word or the open office counterpart) on your posts, it is really difficult or sometimes impossible to understand what you want to tell us.

Zsumi, please use some sort of spell checking software (eg. MS Word or the open office counterpart) on your posts, it is really difficult or sometimes impossible to understand what you want to tell us.
At least he tries... and to be honest if i read it slowly (and think in phonetics) I understand what he is saying...

Playing the latest beta of CORE (15) with the latest beta of AOD.

Hi

Did you have to tweak anything to get this to work only mine crashes the instant i set it on play?

I did - AOD beta install/core/compatibility patch

thanks

Did you unpack the 1.08 compatibility pack into the mod-CORE2 subfolder? It should prompt you to overwrite existing files

thanks Denniss - no i hadn't (had forgot this installs to separate folder)

cheers

I think I understand the 3rd issue Zsumi was writing about. FE if you want to build a cruiser and want to add a specific cruiser design (b_u3) like scout cruiser (model 10) but you have heavy armament (model 16) researched and active you cannot do it in single build. You have to build them separetly and then attack the ship design brigade to cruiser. It's somehow problematic. This would require lots of rebuilding to the system.

Edit: Also could someone tell me how to lower Portugeese neutrality as Germany. I'm already allied with NatSpain, vichy event fired, relations are at +200 and it's still not enough.

Last edited:
Bez tytułu.png

above some graphics issues (is this possible to attach mixed air group brigade to fighters? later? never? next patch?) 1.7 AoD/Latest Beta/B&W pack Checksum is NXJK

Ok mixed air group could be added separately... but in fact why separately only? And leaving such "click to attach" field on production screen is little misleading imho...

Last edited:
1.07 + CORE 060015
1) In most games the Japanese seem unable to maintain themselves in China despite several good invasions. This makes it a good challenge for Human Japan but in other circumstances it leaves Japan too weak to play their role in the Far East effectively and negatively effect overall play balance.
2) Tanks! There appears to be no capacity for pre-industrial or agricultural economies to buy and maintain even a few token tank brigades. For example Brazil or China cannot in game terms buy any armoured brigades/battallions. IIRC China was able to mainatin several tank battallions and received not insignificant numbers of tanks. Is there an easy way to fix this - ie to allow for foreign purchase of brigade/battalion type units for all countries. I use the term brigade here as meaning the unit which is attached to a division.
3) Could consideration be given to allowing a capped and severely limited number of motorised forces for these sorts of countries - recognizing that It would also be recognise that their replacement/repair cost would also be exceptionally high to reflect the difficulties and logistics invovled?
Rgds
Vermin

The last two posts have been copied over to Terranova for answer. I´ll try and copy any responses back here.

Japanese weakness in China: interesting, complaints before that was for China´s weakness. In 0.60.15 China has been given some more energy to prevent it´s industry from collapsing. This was based on some research on actual coal production in certain locations. Nothing was done to Japan, so there is really no reason why it should be weaker.