• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ok mixed air group could be added separately... but in fact why separately only? And leaving such "click to attach" field on production screen is little misleading imho...

This is a hard-coded issue, we are actually doing something that AoD is not permitting us to do. You might raise this issue in the AoD 1.08 thread, maybe they permit FTR and INT divisions to have attachments (or export the option to misc.txt).

Some answers from Dec regarding questions posted above:

Tanks:
This is WAD for the Tech Tree. There is no way to limit the number of units that could be produced if these countries are allowed standard production and this as judged to be a bigger problem than having some production that could not be replicated. Considering that a Tank Battalion represents around 50 vehicles there are not too many low tech minors that actually fielded enough vehicles to qualify. So we went with an event driven approach which hasn't been fleshed out too much. If there are any particular countries that have enough tanks we could look at scripting it in. Same goes for all other motorised formations.

Functional Rocket:
WRT to the Functional Rocket I'm actually going to set it at 1943. This will help with some game mechanics issues and there were numerous engine issues that needed to be resolved during the early V2 development so I think it is a viable choice. Plus realistically rockets where harder to get working than jets, and jets are now set to 1941. I'd also note that while Guidance systems is a 1942 tech they are not actually in the same path so the date for it is not relevant.

Thanks for the info Tegetthoff,
Scripting would seem to be the way. I'll post up what I have on Chinese tanks.
Rgds
Vermin
BTW: In current game (1.07 +060015) playing as Czechs, the war between Japan/China seems to be going normally.
Qn What file di I need to edit to gain tech transfers from a major when allied. (I could just "force" them to give me the techs instead).
Qn Do you want to be notified of picture mismathes for units/attachments or are these still WIPs?

Chinese Tanks
Excluding X Force operating in Burma October 1943+ which included 2 Battalions of M3A3/stuarts:

36 FT17s
Originally supplied in 1924 to the private army of Manchurian warlord Chang Tso-Lin. (Still in action in 1929!). When Chang Tso-Lin was assassinated they were incorporated into the GMD/KMT.

100 Fiat L3/35 tankettes
Supplied latter half of 1930s. 20 were with 3rd Tank Battalion.

10(+?) PzIA
Supplied latter half of 1930s. To 3rd Tank Battalion

29 VCL Tankettes
Last was delivered in May 1935 used by 1st tank battalion in Shanghai,

20 Vickers 6 tonners
Delivered 1935/1936. With 1st and 2nd Tank Battalions.

88 T-26TU M33
Delivered 1938/1939 to the 1st Tank Regiment, part of which was attached to the then forming 200th Division.

When Sino-Japan conflict started in '37 had GMD/KMT had 3 tank battalions including 96 tanks. This probably includes tankettes but it is not clear that all the tanks and tankettes available were in those 3 tank battalions.

About 200 tanks by 1941.

200th Division (forming 1938/1939) noted as only fully motorised division in GMD/KMT.

Sources:
Vickers 6 ton Tanks and Tanks in China, in Tracklink No.81, Winter 2011, Friends of the Tank Museum, Ed. Jo Forty, Friends of the Tank Museum.
The Renault FT Light Tank, Osprey-Vanguard 46, Stephan J. Zaloga, Osprey Publishing, London, 1988.
A Photo History of Tanks in Two World Wars, George Forty, Blandford Press, Poole, 1983,
Chinese Vehicle Notes, ASL, The Avalon Hill Game Company, Maryland, 1990.
Perhaps someone with access to better sources could confirm the above.

Rgds
Vermin

Qn Do you want to be notified of picture mismathes for units/attachments or are these still WIPs?

Anything you post here may be read by Hagar and motivate to spare some time from his - no longer top secret - work for ex-project Reagan and do a bit for CORE.
He seems to be best motivated by posting the actual graphics.

He he he, "how to manipulate Hagar's mind tips" are always welcome since anything coming from under his hands is very much of great quality! :)

Two minor text errors (don´t know if the wrong events actually fire, too):

GER event 370 284: "Yougoslawien Aircraft purchase cancelled" instead of correct "Turkish Aircraft..."

UK event 820 326: "Payment for Portuguese Fighter Purchase 1938" instaed of correct "... for Norwegian..."

And the pic for light Arm brigade PzKpfw IIa is wrong, it shows a PzKpfw 38 (t).

Event texts integrated into 0.60.16.

Pics have to wait for Hagar´s magic appearance.

Two minor text errors (don´t know if the wrong events actually fire, too):

GER event 370 284: "Yougoslawien Aircraft purchase cancelled" instead of correct "Turkish Aircraft..."

UK event 820 326: "Payment for Portuguese Fighter Purchase 1938" instaed of correct "... for Norwegian..."
THX for spotting my C&P errors, I thought I double-checked all those events but these two must have slipped through.

Hey I just had an improvement idea. How about different organisation of event files. Instead of country based event, lets keep them in chain-based order. So instead of USSR.txt file with couple of event chains (purges, ribbentropf-molotov pact, bitter peace) (but only events for USSR) lets have more txt files, each with one event chain. This way it would be much easier to make changes and include submods. FE if one would wish to write different bitter-peace event chain he would just edit one txt file with events for all parties (Germany, USSR, Japan) instead of changing USSR.txt Germany.txt and Japan.txt

I looked at doing that for the translation of the DH Mod33 events, cat, and pretty quickly gave up. It's just such a monstrous job of reorganisation that it turned into a 'you can't get there from here' experience. I also found that it made it very difficult to keep track of what was happening with a particular country - something that you'd want to do when modding in penalties and benefits.

Anything you post here may be read by Hagar and motivate to spare some time from his - no longer top secret - work for ex-project Reagan and do a bit for CORE.
He seems to be best motivated by posting the actual graphics.
Air units are very much a WIP as of now. But please point out any mismatches in other areas that might need some closer scrutiny. As Teg stated, EvW is demanding most of my time at this moment, so I have to be selective regarding time spent on CORE for the near future. But I can always see what I can do, provided it doesn't seriously affect my EvW work. :)

CHI seems to be a bit too strong for AI JAP. In several games I´ve played so far CHI has driven the central JAP thrust into the sea; only northern CHI remains in JAP hands.

JAP losses at the end of 1939 are about 460,000 compared to 530,000 of CHI :blink:

Yes, we are working on that. CHI is already tuned down a bit for 0.60.16, will be tuned down more.

Don´t know if someone has mentioned this already: Are there any additional requirements for building rocket test sites (other than rocket test and research facilities)?

Don´t know if someone has mentioned this already: Are there any additional requirements for building rocket test sites (other than rocket test and research facilities)?
Did you try right-clicking a province to actually build it? Took me a while to figure that one out...

Did you try right-clicking a province to actually build it? Took me a while to figure that one out...

No, I hadn´t tried that one. It works, thanks.

BTW, how are you supposed to know that? Right now I can start several test sites in different provinces. IIRC you were supposed to only have one province where all test sites are located. Additionally you have to increase the number of test sites by clicking on "start a new test site" in the province menue again; there´s no way to increase the number in the building menue. Why did you change that?

Edit: US light tank brigade M3 shows picture of M24 Chaffee.

Last edited: