• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Tegetthoff

General
14 Badges
Apr 14, 2006
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
CORE 0.60 for AoD Open Beta 2

This is the link to the open Beta 2 (0.60.15):

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21919137/CORE2_0_6_0_15.exe

Alternate download:

https://rapidshare.com/files/1753905182/CORE2_0_6_0_15.exe

Checksum is NXJK.

This version runs under AoD 1.07. Without the compatibility pack, it will crash under AoD 1.08.
Deniss posted this compatibility pack June 30, 2012

https://rapidshare.com/files/2934013330/CORE_0.60_1.08_comp_pack.rar

It may be outdated due to progress with AoD 1.08. Use it only at your own risk.

CORE is meant to be run using normal/normal settings

0.60.15 has been run by the Betas for a couple of days, so it should be without major glitches.

Changelog:
Code:
Numerous small bug fixes
Correction to ENG starting OOB armored car brigades

adj-devs:
Lübeck-Copenhagen strait now via Storebaelt rather than province 0

events:
war/peace attrition to -60/+60 rather than -100/+100
fixed part of the Swedish aircraft deals

gfx:
several new unit ills from Hagar

province.csv:
rares back to 0.60.12 settings (+11 worldwide)
Sortavala back to Subarctic climate
removed 2 IC from China
slightly increased Chona´s energy

2012-06-10
-> CORE 0.60.14b for AoD = Open Beta 1b

Betas and forum:
Numerous small corrections

Dennis:
Fixes to aircraft deal events 
Fixed to Italian surrender events
oil and rare conversion tech fixes
Numerous small corrections

Teg:
province.csv
energy workover for China, based on literature research
Wake and Marcus Islands to suptropical
Possible fix for Italy alliance bug

Hagar:
Some more division ills

2012-06-29
-> CORE 0.60.15
CORE 0.60 b/w graphics pack (with updated travel guide and new unit pictures), dated July 3, 2012.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21937656/CORE_B&W_Graphics_060.exe

Alternate download:

https://rapidshare.com/files/1613097286/CORE_B_W_Graphics_060.exe

There is currently no colour graphics pack available. Installing the 0.50 colour graphics pack will ruin the graphics install.

Last edited:
Please note that there has been a change in the structure of the download.

The main download is now much smaller than it was for the Beta 1. It no longer contains the nation specific unit illustrations.

The graphics pack is also redesigned compare to CORE 0.50. Since the number of graphics is now much larger (mainly hundreds of unit illustrations plus an expanded travel guide) the graphics pack contains only the graphics that are NOT in the main installation.

You should now expect a pause in updates to the Beta.

On the one hand, this version seems to be fairly stable, many bugs that crept in at the last moment or were found with your help have been eliminated.

We are now tying up many loose threads. There are open issues in the AI, there is some map editing done by Armdchair waiting to be integrated, but this is also the holiday season so the dev teams capacity will be a bit limited.

We are also aware that we cannot finalise CORE 0.60 without AoD 1.08 having come out.

China. :D Though you should have those already as a 'special favor'. ;)

Playing as China;
Not sure if WAD or I need to adjust my playing style but the troops seem very fragile.
2 Multi-corps attacks against Communists cost me all roops in involved.
Defeat screen was immediately followed by disaster as if they were (immobile) security divisions or VoV.
Troops were at full strength and supply with offensive supply etc.
I was attacking with Reserve and mountain formations.
Rgs
Vermin

Sorry,
I'm using1.08b6.
(and 2 out of 2 times my Mdm bomber just popped attacking a couple of Mongol Govt divs).
I will try with the 1.07 to see if I get the same results.
Rgs
Vermin

Ignore - its a 1.08b6 issue. Works fine with 1.07 (as recommended!) :)

Last edited:
Hi I just started playing the last betat (0.60.14b) under 1.08. So far no bugs or problems encounter and it seems to be stable (currently jan 1941).
Ist the 0.60.15 version save game compatible with the 0.60.14b beta? And I don't see changes in the log for the last update but than again its early in the morning ;).

One general point regarding the infrantry/cavalary motorisation tech. Also it seems that they intend to improve the speed of either unit the description says +x to transport capacity load. If this is realy speed its not very intuitive.

I would not recommend continuing an old save file. The consequences are probably minor, but just the fixes provided by Denniss to the aircraft purchase events may cause these events to refire or not fire or whatever due to flags not being set etc.

As posted above, you will not see a Beta 3 within the next four weeks, so it is worth restarting the game.

Motorization does increase speed, just read the text very carefully.

Playing as China (Nationalists), 1.07 & 060015 everything is running fine. I noticed all the minor air/sub events seem fixed, no weired AI behaviour and no CTDs. After seeking peace with the Communists and annexing Guangi Clique, I elected to let Shanji face the Japanese on their own. The Japanese stopped after anexing Shanji and left me alone (early 1941).
I did notice as the nationalists that there is no way to improve your TC other than researching every related tech. Since many upgrades and any addition to your forces increases the load this very quickly results in the TC being overloaded. I'm sure it is all WAD and I did build infrastructure to ameliorate the effects but it would be nice if I there was some mechanism to directly increase the TC.
Rgds
Vermin

Nationalist China gets some off-map TC when at war, but since you chickened out, you have to do without this. :D

It also gets some off-map TC from the Burma road, again, only when at war (and while the Burma road is open).

Playing as China (Nationalists), 1.07 & 060015 everything is running fine. I noticed all the minor air/sub events seem fixed, no weired AI behaviour and no CTDs. After seeking peace with the Communists and annexing Guangi Clique, I elected to let Shanji face the Japanese on their own. The Japanese stopped after anexing Shanji and left me alone (early 1941).
I did notice as the nationalists that there is no way to improve your TC other than researching every related tech. Since many upgrades and any addition to your forces increases the load this very quickly results in the TC being overloaded. I'm sure it is all WAD and I did build infrastructure to ameliorate the effects but it would be nice if I there was some mechanism to directly increase the TC.
Rgds
Vermin

Doesn't IC increase transport capacity?

IC does - if you can build it - have to wait until I've researched 1948 heavy industry first! (Our agrarian economy doesn't start with the ability to build IC).
I did have some success with changing my Cabinet ministers.
Rgds
Vermin

No issues with stability so far (playing as Japan).
However, Germany doesn't seem to be able to make much of a dent in the Soviet defences. The front line hardly moves beyond Poland's original Eastern border.

Any way Japan can ally with Germany later in the war as there doesnt seem to be a way to do so?
If Japan decides to attack Russia from the East (after Barbarossa) maybe there should be an Event that gives the player the option??

Long Range Submarine 1930 has a wrong picture. Some sort of Liner ship.
Teg, could you verify whether this is an outstanding issue, or should be addressed by now, as this area has seen plenty of work lately?

Hagar, the graphics pack uploaded here is fully up to date with everything you sent me. Errors are alway possible, but unlikely.

Actually, what Wildcat_PL is referring to here is part of the basic download. I´ll still have a look....