+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: How do you beat the UK?

  1. #1

    How do you beat the UK?

    I'm trying to form India, it's the 1890s/1900s and I have a bigger military score than great britain. I'm Punjab. Through diplomacy I've gotten Hyderabad, Rajputana, Beroda, Mysore, Bundekhland. I've already managed to get Delhi and Jubbly-Bubbly or whatever it's called in the middle of India due to being in some early bigass war where I was a secondary combatant who tacked on those war goals. But now, whenever I try to get the rest of India from them the war never ends. I occupy all of British India and blockade all of the British Isles but they don't surrender. One try I went to war with Russia as the war leader, occupied about 3/4 of Russia with Germany and France, had a 40+ warscore helping and Russia and the UK STILL didn't surrender. These wargoals are for colonies worth only about 2 or 3 warscore after being occupied. What gives?

  2. #2
    Field Marshal
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    British North America
    Posts
    2,556
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty26 View Post
    I'm trying to form India, it's the 1890s/1900s and I have a bigger military score than great britain. I'm Punjab. Through diplomacy I've gotten Hyderabad, Rajputana, Beroda, Mysore, Bundekhland. I've already managed to get Delhi and Jubbly-Bubbly or whatever it's called in the middle of India due to being in some early bigass war where I was a secondary combatant who tacked on those war goals. But now, whenever I try to get the rest of India from them the war never ends. I occupy all of British India and blockade all of the British Isles but they don't surrender. One try I went to war with Russia as the war leader, occupied about 3/4 of Russia with Germany and France, had a 40+ warscore helping and Russia and the UK STILL didn't surrender. These wargoals are for colonies worth only about 2 or 3 warscore after being occupied. What gives?
    Would you give up if you were UK?

    In order to get any meaningful concessions from the UK, you need to invade the British Isles and deal with its doom stacks.

  3. #3
    Actually you can just let sepoy rebels take over british india and they'll annex it all to you.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by ywhtptgtfo View Post
    Would you give up if you were UK?

    In order to get any meaningful concessions from the UK, you need to invade the British Isles and deal with its doom stacks.
    I would surrender a colonial province if I had 100% war exhaustion and a broken economy from the embargo.

    Actually you can just let sepoy rebels take over british india and they'll annex it all to you.
    No, the stacks in British India kill them all off.

  5. #5
    Captain Arthasus's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    378
    your friends stacks that is ?

  6. #6
    Err... assuming you've already killed the british stacks, then the sepoy rebels will make it. If you haven't killed them, then that's a different issue altogether.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthasus View Post
    your friends stacks that is ?
    No.....the Brits and their allies.....I mean I can't exactly time when the indian rebels show up....

    Quote Originally Posted by moldeh View Post
    Err... assuming you've already killed the british stacks, then the sepoy rebels will make it. If you haven't killed them, then that's a different issue altogether.
    So I just wait till the rebels pop up after x number of years and then choose to lose the great war?

  8. #8
    Actually you'll probably have enough warscore from the battles to get them to pay capitulations.

  9. #9
    Field Marshal
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    British North America
    Posts
    2,556
    Quote Originally Posted by moldeh View Post
    Actually you'll probably have enough warscore from the battles to get them to pay capitulations.
    Britain is notoriously stubborn when it comes to capitulating. The safest bet is to occupy at least Ireland and blockade Belfast.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by moldeh View Post
    Actually you'll probably have enough warscore from the battles to get them to pay capitulations.
    Nope, it adds max 25+ to the warscore, after occupation Bombay costs 6 to demand, and I usually have a score around 40

    Quote Originally Posted by ywhtptgtfo View Post
    Britain is notoriously stubborn when it comes to capitulating. The safest bet is to occupy at least Ireland and blockade Belfast.
    Ireland has Ireland...now what?

  11. #11
    Field Marshal
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    British North America
    Posts
    2,556
    Then you are stuck with Operation Sea Lion.

  12. #12
    I don't really think getting india state by state is such a good idea. You'll probably have to break the infamy limit to get the whole thing, and then the other minors are still british vassals. If you don't wanna keep the area occuied to let sepoy rebels do the work for you, you could just cut them down and let them face their inability to transport troops properly.
    Last edited by moldeh; 05-07-2012 at 16:13.

  13. #13
    Sergeant EvilMr.Nelson's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In my own delusional mind.
    Posts
    72
    Britain can be a stubborn mule, but all Gp do that.

    Are you just fighting Britain alone?

    You can try a great war, that way they release the rest of India, and you shag those country, for a few BB, if they're unciv/partially Civ.

    But, If their WE is 100 and you clearly soar the requirement for those war goal, then I don't see why they refused, unless they're back by someone more powerful in the war.
    In what way could I, The Man, keep the advocates down today?

  14. #14
    Major airpirate's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Somewhere, but not over the rainbow.
    Posts
    703
    I'd like to see a decision similar to the one for the Boer states that you can fire if all of British India and Burma is occupied and British war exhaustion is through the roof. The result would effectively be the same as Sepoys winning (forming a united India would be very, very, OP).

    EDIT: Decisions for the Princely States to turn against the British if a war in India is going badly would also be helpful.
    "You can make an omelet without breaking any eggs; it's just a really bad omelet"
    ~ Stephen Colbert

  15. #15
    :D Manchester.bw's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDivine WindVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    On the intertubes
    Posts
    1,139
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty26 View Post
    I'm trying to form India, it's the 1890s/1900s and I have a bigger military score than great britain. I'm Punjab. Through diplomacy I've gotten Hyderabad, Rajputana, Beroda, Mysore, Bundekhland. I've already managed to get Delhi and Jubbly-Bubbly or whatever it's called in the middle of India due to being in some early bigass war where I was a secondary combatant who tacked on those war goals. But now, whenever I try to get the rest of India from them the war never ends. I occupy all of British India and blockade all of the British Isles but they don't surrender. One try I went to war with Russia as the war leader, occupied about 3/4 of Russia with Germany and France, had a 40+ warscore helping and Russia and the UK STILL didn't surrender. These wargoals are for colonies worth only about 2 or 3 warscore after being occupied. What gives?
    the game mechanics are somewhat retarded, so you have to take that into account.

    1776 in Vicky 2 terms:
    America: Hey Britain, I declare independence!
    Britain: Oh ya? I want to see your ships on the Thames, and a proper invasion of the British isles. Only then will I let you go free, even if you kick every army out of the Americas. Game mechanics, LOL
    If you don't have anything good to say, say it on the Internet.

  16. #16
    Field Marshal Rylock's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    8,578
    Actually the United States would likely just be looking for a Status Quo wargoal in that case, which means White Peace would work just fine.

    Not that the warscore system doesn't need some work, but that's a bad example.

  17. #17
    Recruit Cerzka's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIVictoria 2

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ånge,Sweden
    Posts
    8
    The same way you defeat Mordor...

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerzka View Post
    The same way you defeat Mordor...
    So... you steal the Queen's ring and destroy it, which kills her? Somehow, that just doesn't sound right.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by moldeh View Post
    So... you steal the Queen's ring and destroy it, which kills her? Somehow, that just doesn't sound right.
    Of course not. He means you send in two gay Hobbits.
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

    Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

  20. #20
    Second Lieutenant ingwaz's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionMagickaVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by Naselus View Post
    Of course not. He means you send in two gay Hobbits.
    And their friend with Downs!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts