+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Intelligence defence?

  1. #1
    Buddhist Rommelstein's Avatar
    Darkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    536

    Intelligence defence?

    Countries keep stealing blueprints and do other actions towards me (Soviet Union, 1939) and my intelligence level has not been changed since I started '33 (it's on 10) what the hell am I supposed to do? Raise the intel level?
    My first AAR: Justice for '48 - The Red Revolution of Israel
    My second AAR: Cuba Libre in a cold world - NWO2
    If you are interested in helping me with this mod, please do! Cuban Revolution Mod for Darkest Hour

  2. #2
    yes raise your intell level as much as you can afford

  3. #3
    Yeah, the SU is targetted by numerous countries, so you have to deal with it. Raise you intel level if you wish; but I don't see the harm in stealing a blueprint or two here and there. (Besides, I find they just end up wasting money anyway with the success rates.)

  4. #4
    Buddhist Rommelstein's Avatar
    Darkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyo View Post
    Yeah, the SU is targetted by numerous countries, so you have to deal with it. Raise you intel level if you wish; but I don't see the harm in stealing a blueprint or two here and there. (Besides, I find they just end up wasting money anyway with the success rates.)
    Yeah I guess, it's a bit annoying though because there are some minor global manipulations etc. but we're talking about like 2 belligerence but what the hell.
    My first AAR: Justice for '48 - The Red Revolution of Israel
    My second AAR: Cuba Libre in a cold world - NWO2
    If you are interested in helping me with this mod, please do! Cuban Revolution Mod for Darkest Hour

  5. #5
    Once you get your intel to level 10 your internal defenses are as good as they are going to be. Anything above 10 increases your chances of success in foreign intel.
    The Great European Civil War Germany Victory! Complete!


    From Weltkriegschaft Scharfschützenabzeichen: (&)





  6. #6
    Major vcgetdown's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIIron Cross
    Victoria 2

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Texas,United States
    Posts
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekolmy View Post
    Once you get your intel to level 10 your internal defenses are as good as they are going to be. Anything above 10 increases your chances of success in foreign intel.
    Are you sure about this? I definitely recall seeing my own defense efficiency go up as I raised my intel above 10. You shouldn't have bad spy events happening all that often at all, really, I never do, but I also max my intel every chance I get.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by vcgetdown View Post
    Are you sure about this? I definitely recall seeing my own defense efficiency go up as I raised my intel above 10. You shouldn't have bad spy events happening all that often at all, really, I never do, but I also max my intel every chance I get.
    Yep, playing as the German Republic in AAR (tonight) I raised my intel above level 10 but it never raised my domestic intel above ~81.67%. Moving towards a closed society should also increase that percentage some.
    The Great European Civil War Germany Victory! Complete!


    From Weltkriegschaft Scharfschützenabzeichen: (&)





  8. #8
    Major vcgetdown's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIIron Cross
    Victoria 2

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Texas,United States
    Posts
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekolmy View Post
    Yep, playing as the German Republic in AAR (tonight) I raised my intel above level 10 but it never raised my domestic intel above ~81.67%. Moving towards a closed society should also increase that percentage some.
    I tested it, and you are definitely right. Thanks a lot for this information, I have always maxed my intel as a major despite not using offensive spying much, this will save so much money!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts