Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 27 ... LastLast

Thread: East vs. West - A Hearts of Iron Game!

When can we expect the first DD?

Pan Celticist Demi Moderator RedRalphWiggum's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by heppehu View Post
    50 years of Hearts of Iron is alot of time
    Yeah... days instead of hours, I suppose?

Hoi 2 Beta

Cold War.... not again....

j/k!

Awesome. I look forward to launching a missile salvo the like of which even God has never seen!
    For God, King and Country - A MARCH OF THE EAGLES AAR
    "That there is one damn fine coat you're wearin'." x2 - Marv, Sin City.

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron III

Woho!

"Khrushchev just installed Kim II-sung in your new satellite state North Korea."

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Finally!
    ~Jamie

Download the Validator: Eu4 | Ck2 | March of the Eagles | Hoi3 | Victoria II | Eu3 | EU Rome | Sengoku

East vs West developer
    CORE Minister of Propaganda
    200k clubAchtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandRise of Prussia500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by RedRalphWiggum View Post
    Can you confirm Yugoslavia as playable?
    Yes, though how playable it proves to be in reality has yet to be seen. We won't change the HoI3 setup where any country is playable.

East vs. West softcoding department

Doing my bit for the boys - CORE2 Developer & Beta tester

CORE 0.41 for Armageddon is released! Download it here
    CORE 0.62.8 Open Beta for Arsenal of Democracy is released! Download it here
    The CORE Travel Guide for AoD version 6 is released! Download it here

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
    Yes, though how playable it proves to be in reality has yet to be seen. We won't change the HoI3 setup where any country is playable.
    Brilliant! If you were to give an estimate on how military-centred a game this will be compared to HoI3, what would you say?

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourIron Cross
    March of the EaglesRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

So it isn't The Ascent of Man part one : Chimp Wars??

Cold War fantastic.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war ~ Plato

"There is no joy without Clan Donald. There is no strength to be without them!"

East vs West developer
    200k clubAchtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandRise of Prussia500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Brilliant! If you were to give an estimate on how military-centred a game this will be compared to HoI3, what would you say?
    A lot less, as it's Cold War.

East vs. West softcoding department

Doing my bit for the boys - CORE2 Developer & Beta tester

CORE 0.41 for Armageddon is released! Download it here
    CORE 0.62.8 Open Beta for Arsenal of Democracy is released! Download it here
    The CORE Travel Guide for AoD version 6 is released! Download it here

Why is the USA overpowered?

Just joking here .

That's great to hear. I hope for more politics and proxy wars!

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Still hoping on 'a Game of Toads' type thing. Please Paradox! I made some concept art for you to start it off!

Nationality: British
    Religion: Sikh
    Ideology: Some nebulous liberal nonsense
    Issues: Civil Rights, Environmentalism, technology
    Current Occupation: University Student! Upgrade!

MODS: CK2 Better Mountains II Painterly CK2 CK2 Mongol Invasion

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourIron Cross
    March of the EaglesRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

If it has Proxy wars i'll be happy
    Only the dead have seen the end of war ~ Plato

"There is no joy without Clan Donald. There is no strength to be without them!"

Yeah we will make communist world.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
    Delighted to hear it! This is a very exciting announcement, I cannot wait to see this in some more detail. Expect to have to answer many, many tedious questions from me over the coming months. And years

Yeah... days instead of hours, I suppose?
    Well 50 years in EUIII is not very much. I suppose it would be maybe 4-6h if they even would change the time scale. I think it will be on a 1h scale and that you'll probably have some bookmarks for starting points. In HoI3 it didn't really work since we all want to stear our country abit before hte war started bu when you have a 50 year time span maybe they devide it into 4 or 5 "chapters" where you could start of before major events.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2
    Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

yey

hmm...not my cup of tea.

But im pretty sure this will be a great game. Good luck Paradox Dev.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Perhaps rather then splitting each day into 24 segments (as in HoI3) they might instead divide the day into 12, 8, 6 or 4 segments.

I hope you come up with an interesting mechanic for Nukes. Launching a nuke should basically cause worldwide thermonuclear war!

Alluccate: "Viva 'o Rre!!!" Ciccillo Rre's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Blog Entries
    Awesome!!! What I was looking for!

My two little hopes: that this game will be more economics- and politics-centered rather than war-centered with respect to a typical HoI3 game, and that the map will look better than the HoI3 map!!!

(I do not mean to the level of CK2, I'd be happy with the V2 quality!!!)

Please include a realistic method of decolonisation. Don't make it so we have to let them revolt or anything, give us the options for a peaceful decolonisation if the ruler is feeling benevolent. I don't like it when one is forced to hold onto possessions one cannot dispose of.

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 27 ... LastLast