Thread: The Server

The Server

Is it hosted EU like Haven? I find it pretty laggy comparable to Haven pre the big lag. New combat heavily relies on aim, and players with high ping will be disadvantaged. Maybe a targeting system so those with 300+ ping can't just be juked all day?

Also any ETA on haven lag fix? Maybe move that that server to USW too?

edit: grammar

i've never experienced server lag in salem. are you sure it isn't just poor framerate?
    The tinder drill broke.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeMagicka
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2CK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IV

Or a bad computer... What computer do you have and as far as I know, Salem can't take more then Runescape, atleast for now. Also check out how much CPU it uses on your computer. If you're computer can't handle it, try to close everything else that's not coperating with Salem such as Steam/Origin/Any form of web browser or something else. These are my advices that doesn't actually cost you anything.

On the other hand I believe all servers so far is hosted in Sweden. So if you are connecting from some other country such as Canada, USA or any other outside Europe, you might get some delay. I have played on American servers on other games and I get a rather high ping there and delay.
    There's foxes in the hen house,' cows out in the corn. The unions have been busted, their proud red banners torn'

Server is good because of good hardware and increased loftar's skill xD
    I think your problem is in slow computer

no you guys do not understand, i am from australia
    i can play dota fine on USW (250ping), but on EU its impossible(400+). whenever we scrim vs EU teams in dota we have to host on USW, and even then EU gets better ping than we do.
    the game isn't unplayable, and i am used to huge lag. its just that now combat is aim based and shit moves fast you will not hit anything with this latency.

/australian issues

edit: even get 100 ping across the country
    Last edited by half_right; 02-07-2012 at 16:48.

congratulations! you just caught your first spambot.

You have gained access to: report button

General Demi Moderator
    Sword of the Stars

Quote Originally Posted by half_right View Post
    no you guys do not understand, i am from australia
    i can play dota fine on USW (250ping), but on EU its impossible(400+). whenever we scrim vs EU teams in dota we have to host on USW, and even then EU gets better ping than we do.
    the game isn't unplayable, and i am used to huge lag. its just that now combat is aim based and shit moves fast you will not hit anything with this latency.

/australian issues

even get 100 ping across the country
    Then the only thing anyone can suggest is getting better network services. This issue is clearly on your end and in the middle where nobody can do anything about it. I hate to hear that, in the modern world, in a major industrialized nation, people still have to deal with horrible connections to the internet. There's parts of the US it's just as bad, too, so it's just not an AU problem, and I completely understand if it's not even an option (due to price, other reasons).

@zezeb: don't reply to the spam, just report it via PM to one of the forum mods. (Boards need a report function!!)

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeMagicka
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2CK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by MagicManICT View Post
    Then the only thing anyone can suggest is getting better network services. This issue is clearly on your end and in the middle where nobody can do anything about it. I hate to hear that, in the modern world, in a major industrialized nation, people still have to deal with horrible connections to the internet. There's parts of the US it's just as bad, too, so it's just not an AU problem, and I completely understand if it's not even an option (due to price, other reasons
    I live in no-where Sweden aka Hällefors, wich is right in the middle of Svealand. Closest city is around 100 kilometers away from here and we only get around 80% of the internet so to say. If it is ment to be 10, it is 8, to just make a clear picture.
    Really annoying but luckily I am moving into a big city this summer
    There's foxes in the hen house,' cows out in the corn. The unions have been busted, their proud red banners torn'

Quote Originally Posted by MagicManICT View Post
    Then the only thing anyone can suggest is getting better network services. This issue is clearly on your end and in the middle where nobody can do anything about it. I hate to hear that, in the modern world, in a major industrialized nation, people still have to deal with horrible connections to the internet. There's parts of the US it's just as bad, too, so it's just not an AU problem, and I completely understand if it's not even an option (due to price, other reasons).

@zezeb: don't reply to the spam, just report it via PM to one of the forum mods. (Boards need a report function!!)
    Its just the way traffic is routed and geographical distances. Near all Aus traffic is routed through USW, and I happen to live as far away from there as possible.
    But from whirpool (aus internt forum) most people from sydney even get 350+ to EU. So yes obviously it is on my end, but there is no solution.
    I guess I will have to build 3 walls and stick to farming