• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
on other thing wich migth help, by rigth clicking on a message you can set pause for that type of messages(cause it is probably for same types of messages you want to react). i for example set battle-win and siege win as pause messages, that way i can play wars even on fast time (well i admit sometimes it gets annoying if i pushed pause for other thing and i relance the game with that when i had a pop-up at the same time)

How could 1 be too slow? You could leave the game running on 1, go take a piss, cook some food, make coffee, go get the groceries and then come back and only a few months will have passed. It would take weeks, if not month(s) for you to finish a single game on 1. How on earth could it be too slow?

If speed 1 is too fast, something is horribly wrong -- pause more frequently, at the very least.

It was changed in a patch along the way, and I have to say it is too fast for me, I like to pay attention to everything in the world, and now in 15 minutes a whole year has passed. So, I thought that perhaps there is a quick solution to change some value form let's say 1 to 0.5 in some files...

I usualy play on max speed with my thumb at the space bar... I call it intervention politics.

Only if I am at war will I be using a slower speed to make sure I dont get roflstomped by enemy doomstacks.

Every other action in game is taken on pause and with due consideration. Then ramp up the speed and see my labour come to fruition.

Well i thought this was a strange request at first , but im having some big FPS issues playing at higher speeds with the new SOL patch. Never had problems at all even on max speed in 1.05. But when i pause the game , the choppness goes away.

Then again , i guess that playing with a speed slower than 1 would be pretty slow. Actually it would be pretty crazy how long a game would take lol.

For me and my friends, the new speed 1 is simply way too fast for a semi-relaxed, but well-paced multiplayer game. It's actually making the game almost unplayable for me, and I still don't understand why the speed was changed so arbitrarily. :/

To the people saying the OP is wrong for wanting the slower pace back: why do you say that? What is wrong with adding that pace so he can enjoy the game more? There are plenty of fast paces for those who want that but if you'd like the old 1 setting back you're out of luck and have to listed to you as well.

I don't see how speed 1 can be too fast if it's slow enough for you to unpause and pause again one day later. I'm happy about the speed change.

But not everyone is. How would it take away from anything for you to allow others to play as they like? I don't like playing on speed 5 but you wont see me calling for it to be removed.

Solipsist are annoying.

I don't see how speed 1 can be too fast if it's slow enough for you to unpause and pause again one day later. I'm happy about the speed change.

The minimum speed should be slow enough that I don't feel the need to pause and unpause every day for extended chunks of game time. It gets tiresome and I hope there'll be a fix soon.