• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(269936)

Sergeant
10 Badges
Feb 18, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
I keep noticing corriers being killed by hassassin... also vauge threats on my life never realized. What is going on?

Also what exactly does the Chief Qadi do? What does he recieve for being Chief Qadi? Do they get angry for not being Chief Qadi? Do we get any advantages for having a good Chief Qadi?

Exactly what do you expect from a bunch of dudes that smoke so much hash that they actually named their organisation after it? I mean, come on, these guys kill my courtiers and yet for some reason I can hire them to fight for me. Does that make sense? No, it doesn't. But they're probably too high to realise that.

As for the chief Qadi thing, I'd like to know as well. Is it just an honorary title with a bunch of events attached to it or is it an actual position? I just say yes every time someone asks me to make their bud chief Qadi and I'd like to know if I should be a little more careful.

[video=youtube;Ay0eVQdFeCc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay0eVQdFeCc[/video]

Exactly what do you expect from a bunch of dudes that smoke so much hash that they actually named their organisation after it? I mean, come on, these guys kill my courtiers and yet for some reason I can hire them to fight for me. Does that make sense? No, it doesn't. But they're probably too high to realise that.

As for the chief Qadi thing, I'd like to know as well. Is it just an honorary title with a bunch of events attached to it or is it an actual position? I just say yes every time someone asks me to make their bud chief Qadi and I'd like to know if I should be a little more careful.

Both seem totally random.

In actuality, the idea that the hashashin smoked, well, hash is incredibly overstated - propaganda is perhaps too harsh a word, but it was the medieval equivalent of it that leads to that belief.

In actuality, the idea that the hashashin smoked, well, hash is incredibly overstated - propaganda is perhaps too harsh a word, but it was the medieval equivalent of it that leads to that belief.

I do know that their habit of of smoking hashish is overstated, mostly as a result of attempts of medieval muslim rulers (mostly sunnis iirc) to make them look like a bunch of hash smoking weirdos, but that doesn't change the fact that they were the coolest thing of the era (if not the entire millenium). The very idea of an organisation of assassins that smoked people after smoking hash is, to me at least, extremely amusing :p.

As for the whole 'we kill your relatives and friends, but we'll still fight for you, it's cool' thing, isn't working properly, yeah - that was my point. I think the fact that they kill shiites as well is either a bug or an oversight. Initially, my understanding was that they only killed sunnis, but apparently they kill shiites as well, which is just plain weird. Then again... maybe it really is the hash, after all :p.

I had some interaction with the hashashin when I went on the pilgramage to Mecca. On the way there I helped out this hooded man from bandits and gave my character a ring and before he could ask what it was for he left. Later on the way back I was attacked by bandits and the hashashin showed up and helped fight them off and they said it was because of helping out the other guy, I thought it was pretty cool. They later killed my aunt, sister, and mayor...maybe they were templars :p