+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Manpower

Manpower

I have a question:

How is the base manpower of Provinces decided ?
    I looked up some of them in germany, so:

Brandenburg 5
    Prignitz 3
    Uckermark 2
    Altmark 3
    Neumark 4

Magdeburg 2

Anhalt 2

Meissen 2

Thuringen 2

Dresden 2
    Leipzig 2
    Chemnitz 2

So how i see the provinces with more importance have higher manpower, so Brandenburg is explained, but then also Magdeburg, Leipzig, Meissen should have atleast 3 and why does Neumark have 4 ?

What are you talking about? Are you looking at base tax? This is different to manpower. There should be a number (in the hundreds) somewhere in the city information panel next to the word 'Manpower'.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

He's referring to the 'manpower' variable in the history files that acts as a key modifier on the manpower formula.

My mistake.

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    80 games registered

200k clubCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    Some tweaks might have been overlooked.

For Neumark, i could argue that the manpower value is merely a modifier, that the province manpower will ultimately depend on the population. And that a border province like Neumark might be somewhere the population is more prone to provide manpower to defend the Mark.
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • Europa Universalis IV •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Français | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Auretus Ornithorhynchus anatinus, in hoc signo vinces. In honorem Paradox! •
    • Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp. •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    • Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication •
    • Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club ! •

Quote Originally Posted by gigau View Post
    Some tweaks might have been overlooked.

For Neumark, i could argue that the manpower value is merely a modifier, that the province manpower will ultimately depend on the population. And that a border province like Neumark might be somewhere the population is more prone to provide manpower to defend the Mark.
    So the manpower for some provinces in Germany will be changed in the future ?

80 games registered

200k clubCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Manpower values at least are open to discussion
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Français | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop

In my opinion then Magdeburg should have atleast 3 cause of its importance, mainly during the Thirty Years War, Meissen should have 3 as long capital of Saxony, the same stands for Dresden, but i would give Dresden even 4, in my opinion Saxony and Brandenburg (without Prussia) should have the same Manpower before the Thirty Years War and if Saxony would get Magdeburg, they would be more powerful, in reality Saxony was a the biggest opponent of Brandenburg at the moment, but when Brandenburg got Magdeburg they lost.

80 games registered

Blog Entries
    I never see Brandenburg outrageously defeating Saxony, but your argument makes sense. Changes made to Meissen, Magdeburg and Dresden.
    •

It is just if Saxony would unify, they should stand a chance vs Brandenburg, if it didn´t do Brandenburg decisons (if there are some).

80 games registered

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Clonefusion View Post
    if it didn´t do Brandenburg decisons (if there are some).
    What do you mean ?
    •

What do you mean ?
    Do they not have a decision like Prussian Military Reforms or did I mix up with D&T ?

Darkest HourEuropa Universalis: Chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Clonefusion View Post
    Do they not have a decision like Prussian Military Reforms or did I mix up with D&T ?
    No, I don't think so. At least I never saw any in my Brandenburg->Prussia->Germany game, so I doubt something like that exists for Saxony.
    GENERATION 38: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."
    -General Norman Schwarzkopf
    (Sorry, I just had to! :P)

80 games registered

Blog Entries
    Bernd, i think you missed the occasion for some reason, because Prussia has the decision. Would you have become Germany before reaching land tech 30 ?

But i was sure there was a general one... maaybe had i planned to make it availlable to any nation, like for the Venetian drydocks (or something like that).
    •

Bernd, i think you missed the occasion for some reason, because Prussia has the decision. Would you have become Germany before reaching land tech 30 ?
    That's possible... What's the average year to reach it?
    GENERATION 38: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by NorwayBernd View Post
    That's possible... What's the average year to reach it?
    Land tech 30 is 1600.
    Ex-MEIOU fellow (on a long unplanned hiatus, may go back later) - AARland Fan of the Week: 3 Feb '13

<Between Characters> in ThunderHawk3's Edge of Europe - A Belgian Interactive AAR (Previous characters: Palomer, Cartier,
    Jean de Croÿ, Willems-Hopegood)

Ah, okay. Yes, I formed Germany way before that.

80 games registered

Blog Entries
    Regarding military reforms, do you accept that the decision be opened to any nation provided they are sufficiently land slider oriented and have a high enough land tech level ?

•

Why not?
    Maybe there should be a land tradition requirement as well?

80 games registered

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NorwayBernd View Post
    Maybe there should be a land tradition requirement as well?
    Good idea.
    •

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast