Echos of Silence - An EU3 Multiplayer Game
First session time: Sunday, July 8, 4:30pm PST, 6:30pm CST, 7:30pm EST, 1:30am CET (Monday, July 9 9:30am AEST?)
Using EU III: Divine Wind. Patch: 5.1 (BJLT)
This is meant to be another installment of similar caliber to the "Intertwined Fates" multiplayer game which has been a tremendous success. Anyways, this campaign's concept can be described as "friendly" and "semi-competitive". Essentially this means to me that the game is supposed to be fun most of the time for almost everybody. It is the difference between defeating your opponents and crushing them and between fair and crippling demands. Strive to dominate the game but do not smother newbies and weaker nations to the point that they have no chance Try to engineer the fall of the strongest players instead of kicking the ones that are already down. This may at times be a difficult balance to maintain but I find it well worth the effort. If this is not for you then you should maybe join one of the more ruthless campaigns out there. Read the “Comments” and leave your insight on important questions regarding the game.
Session timing and duration
Every Sunday, for four to five hours a session
Standard with "Lucky Nations" off.
Spread of Land and Sea Provinces: 100 years
General Rules: (new rules in red)
1. Do not harass or insult players.
2. Do not wreck your nation on purpose.
3. Do not declare war for the sole purpose of gaining war taxes or the crusade bonus.
4. Bargains between players will not be enforced except for immediate exchanges (i. e. give me/do A for B) when they have been made public.
5. Do abstain from gamey behaviour. (Like but not limited to giving away missionaries, removing cores or HRE membership by selling provinces, releasing vassals to reduce infamy, annexing other player's vassals when not at war with them). Ask when in doubt.
6. Try your best to work with other nation leaders when called upon to discuss rule disputes. Work with the goal of a strong game that lasts more then 50 years and 1 session
8. If you DoW a player's AI vassal with the holy war or cleansing of heresy CB you may only acquire the provinces of infidel (prior) or heretic (latter case) states in this manner.
9. It is suggested, but not enforced by the GM that people use reason in relation to the number of vassals they have. If you decide to go bat-shit crazy in spamming these vassals... well, don’t be upset if people decide to relieve you of a few of them.
10. No releasing and immediate reconquering of vassals for the sole purpose of burning infamy.
Re-host and Absence Rules:
1. If a player drops or arrives late rehosts will be granted generally within ~1 year of game time. If the nation is at risk from war or rebels or suchlike a rehost will usually be granted much sooner. If a player drops repeatedly, rehosts may be postponed until other players have the need as well. When you drop, your nation will be ghosted (unless otherwise instructed). Ghosted nations may not be attacked and adjacent players should do their best to clean out rebels if they appear.
2. AIed player nations are off-limits (in terms of warring, having his nation AIed is punishment enough already)
Presence and Communication Rules:
1. Please do your best to notify the rest of the group when you will be absent for a session
2. It is a player’s responsibility to find a sub if they are not able to show. If they do not find a sub, and they are the only absent player, their nation will be AIed. However, post-game edits may be discussed.
3. We use TS3, and steam chat to communicate before games.
Peace Rules: (will need to be edited)
1. Peacing a player nation through an AI nation is forbidden.
2. An alliance's demands may never exceed 100 % Warscore.
3. No demanding provinces which do not connect directly to either a border of your nation, one of your vassals, or a coastline.
4. The seizing and burning of colonies is both allowed and encouraged
5. A player may ask their enemies for their demands at any time during a war and they are obliged to state them publicly. If he accepts the terms, further hostilities between the parties must be avoided and the war must be ended as soon as possible. Once a proposal has been accepted it can no longer be withdrawn from either side and the war is over.
6. If you surrender at any point during the war it is definitive. The war is over, you lost and you have to accept your opponents' terms.
Edits will be done to compensate for AI mismanagement of a country or to adapt a country to a new player's style of playing. Other edits will have to be approved by several players. The edits will have the goal of avoiding rage quits, keeping people interested in the long haul. Too many games end too soon!
The following nations are not to be selected: (subject to change)
Muscowy (if Novgorod is selected)
Novgorod (if Muscowy is selected)
Any horde nation
OTTOMAN EMPIRE: KL3MZ