+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: "Echos of Silence" — Sundays, 19:30 EST

"Echos of Silence" — Sundays, 19:30 EST

Echos of Silence - An EU3 Multiplayer Game

First session time: Sunday, July 8, 4:30pm PST, 6:30pm CST, 7:30pm EST, 1:30am CET (Monday, July 9 9:30am AEST?)

Using EU III: Divine Wind. Patch: 5.1 (BJLT)

This is meant to be another installment of similar caliber to the "Intertwined Fates" multiplayer game which has been a tremendous success. Anyways, this campaign's concept can be described as "friendly" and "semi-competitive". Essentially this means to me that the game is supposed to be fun most of the time for almost everybody. It is the difference between defeating your opponents and crushing them and between fair and crippling demands. Strive to dominate the game but do not smother newbies and weaker nations to the point that they have no chance Try to engineer the fall of the strongest players instead of kicking the ones that are already down. This may at times be a difficult balance to maintain but I find it well worth the effort. If this is not for you then you should maybe join one of the more ruthless campaigns out there. Read the “Comments” and leave your insight on important questions regarding the game.

Session timing and duration
    Every Sunday, for four to five hours a session

Game Moderator:
    nightraid3r/Radioactive

Settings:
    Standard with "Lucky Nations" off.
    Spread of Land and Sea Provinces: 100 years

Rules
    General Rules: (new rules in red)
    1. Do not harass or insult players.
    2. Do not wreck your nation on purpose.
    3. Do not declare war for the sole purpose of gaining war taxes or the crusade bonus.
    4. Bargains between players will not be enforced except for immediate exchanges (i. e. give me/do A for B) when they have been made public.
    5. Do abstain from gamey behaviour. (Like but not limited to giving away missionaries, removing cores or HRE membership by selling provinces, releasing vassals to reduce infamy, annexing other player's vassals when not at war with them). Ask when in doubt.
    6. Try your best to work with other nation leaders when called upon to discuss rule disputes. Work with the goal of a strong game that lasts more then 50 years and 1 session
    8. If you DoW a player's AI vassal with the holy war or cleansing of heresy CB you may only acquire the provinces of infidel (prior) or heretic (latter case) states in this manner.
    9. It is suggested, but not enforced by the GM that people use reason in relation to the number of vassals they have. If you decide to go bat-shit crazy in spamming these vassals... well, don’t be upset if people decide to relieve you of a few of them.
    10. No releasing and immediate reconquering of vassals for the sole purpose of burning infamy.

Re-host and Absence Rules:
    1. If a player drops or arrives late rehosts will be granted generally within ~1 year of game time. If the nation is at risk from war or rebels or suchlike a rehost will usually be granted much sooner. If a player drops repeatedly, rehosts may be postponed until other players have the need as well. When you drop, your nation will be ghosted (unless otherwise instructed). Ghosted nations may not be attacked and adjacent players should do their best to clean out rebels if they appear.
    2. AIed player nations are off-limits (in terms of warring, having his nation AIed is punishment enough already)

Presence and Communication Rules:
    1. Please do your best to notify the rest of the group when you will be absent for a session
    2. It is a player’s responsibility to find a sub if they are not able to show. If they do not find a sub, and they are the only absent player, their nation will be AIed. However, post-game edits may be discussed.
    3. We use TS3, and steam chat to communicate before games.

Peace Rules: (will need to be edited)
    1. Peacing a player nation through an AI nation is forbidden.
    2. An alliance's demands may never exceed 100 % Warscore.
    3. No demanding provinces which do not connect directly to either a border of your nation, one of your vassals, or a coastline.
    4. The seizing and burning of colonies is both allowed and encouraged
    5. A player may ask their enemies for their demands at any time during a war and they are obliged to state them publicly. If he accepts the terms, further hostilities between the parties must be avoided and the war must be ended as soon as possible. Once a proposal has been accepted it can no longer be withdrawn from either side and the war is over.
    6. If you surrender at any point during the war it is definitive. The war is over, you lost and you have to accept your opponents' terms.

Editing policy:
    Edits will be done to compensate for AI mismanagement of a country or to adapt a country to a new player's style of playing. Other edits will have to be approved by several players. The edits will have the goal of avoiding rage quits, keeping people interested in the long haul. Too many games end too soon!

The following nations are not to be selected: (subject to change)
    Aragon
    Bavaria
    Bohemia
    Burgundy
    Byzantium
    Lithuania
    Mamluks
    Ming
    Muscowy (if Novgorod is selected)
    Naples
    Novgorod (if Muscowy is selected)
    Any horde nation

Nation Roster:
    AUSTRIA: miotas
    CASTILLE: dustin
    DENMARK: Boga
    FRANCE: Auqia
    HANSA Thatiswackson
    HINDUSTAN: Xerxes
    HOLLAND: falloutboy14
    ITALY: spyker92
    RUSSIA: nightraid3r
    OTTOMAN EMPIRE: KL3MZ
    Last edited by nightraid3r; 25-08-2012 at 19:46.
    "Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live."

"Whosoever desires constant success must change his conduct with the times."

1. Ulm
    2. Hainaut
    3. Connacht
    4. Achea
    5. Austria
    Last edited by Y2Jonathan; 02-07-2012 at 01:14.
    MP Resume:
    Ended Campaigns

Steam: Y2Jonathan

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the Eagles
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

1.Sweden
    2.Vija
    3.Sub
    4.Aachen
    5.Ulm
    Player Kills-3

Experience is the teacher of all things. - Julius Caesar
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a man with a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Admiral Yamamoto.

Professional Kangaroo Boxer The-King's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

edit: sorry withdrawing from this game
    Last edited by The-King; 02-07-2012 at 02:47.

1. Ottomans
    2. Milan
    3. Castille
    4. Hansa
    5. England

With all the rage over Ulm I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings by choosing sides so nobody gets it :P
    "Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live."

Castile, Portugal, England, Austria, France

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the Eagles
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Quote Originally Posted by EJG View Post
    Should probably change that a little as you are new to the group
    Player Kills-3

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a man with a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Admiral Yamamoto.

Hey guys,
    1. England
    2. Portugal
    3. Holland
    4. Milan
    5. any suggestions?
    Since Kind is withdrawing, maybe Teutons?

Please consider that I'm not an experienced player...
    Last edited by Boga; 02-07-2012 at 03:02.

Professional Kangaroo Boxer The-King's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Sorry I won't be able to make it for this game (timetable conflicts), sorry about that! withdrawing

Quote Originally Posted by EJG View Post
    No offense but since I don't really know you I am not too keen on starting you as such a big player. I might be convinced to let you play Portugal with assurances of if not multiplayer experience at least extensive single player experience and a commitment to be reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Boga View Post
    Hey guys,
    1. England
    2. Portugal
    3. Holland
    4. Milan
    5. any suggestions?
    Since Kind is withdrawing, maybe Teutons?

Please consider that I'm not an experienced player...
    Hi boga, I don't mind that you are inexperienced since I at least am aware of you from the Thursday game. I would be happy to include you as any of the following nations (to try and keep your choices rather open): Holland, Brandenburg, Teutonic Order or possibly even Portugal. The only reason I am not thrilled with letting you play Portugal is that I might let another newer player play Portugal instead. Cheers.

Hello, I tried to do a mp game a year or so ago. There were about 18 players and I had constant connection issues. I want to say it was OOSes, but I was very new to MP at the time. Since then I've hosted several Vic 2 games with a dozen people, without changing anything, so I like to think my connection is stable, and it was the number or players or something else that caused the problem. Anyhow I'd like to have another go at this. I've played a lot of EU3, and a lot of MP games, but virtually zero EU3 MP. I'd like to be a less-important country so my potential departure doesn't leave a huge hole, but one that has potential to grow as well.

1) Brandenburg
    2) Holland
    3) Milan
    4) I'm open to suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by falloutboy14 View Post
    Hello, I tried to do a mp game a year or so ago. There were about 18 players and I had constant connection issues. I want to say it was OOSes, but I was very new to MP at the time. Since then I've hosted several Vic 2 games with a dozen people, without changing anything, so I like to think my connection is stable, and it was the number or players or something else that caused the problem. Anyhow I'd like to have another go at this. I've played a lot of EU3, and a lot of MP games, but virtually zero EU3 MP. I'd like to be a less-important country so my potential departure doesn't leave a huge hole, but one that has potential to grow as well.

1) Brandenburg
    2) Holland
    3) Milan
    4) I'm open to suggestions
    Ok, please just make sure that you clear your map cache going into the game. (C:\Program Files\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis III\map\cache) or (C:\steam\steamapps\common\europa universalis iii\map\cache). After deleting the folder, launch the game, let it rebuild, quit out again, then relaunch the game.

Just a suggestion: Maybe if you moved the date to an more open slot, more people would join as this bumps up against the back end of Sands of Time II
    Steam

Grapes of War: Poland

Quote Originally Posted by King Goober View Post
    Just a suggestion: Maybe if you moved the date to an more open slot, more people would join as this bumps up against the back end of Sands of Time II
    It does not bump up against sands of time II, that game ends 1:30 before this starts.

People aren't going to play 2 games one after the other :P
    Steam

Grapes of War: Poland

Quote Originally Posted by King Goober View Post
    People aren't going to play 2 games one after the other :P
    I'm going to be in that campaign but i would still like to play this one.

1.Teutonic Order
    2.Pomerania
    3.Brandenburg
    4.meh

It's good yea?

Second Lieutenant Zmieczemiogniem's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur II
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the Arcane500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

1. Poland
    2. Milan (Would Prefer Naples, any reason for it being prohibited? Can it be switched out with Milan?)
    3. Switzerland
    4. Brandenburg

I'm also going to be in that campaign.

if possible i would like to switch to Brandenburg because i don't think i will ever be more than 30 min late if something goes wrong
    Player Kills-3

Well, if ind2bc takes Brandenburg, can I go for Denmark then?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast