• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(345918)

Second Lieutenant
4 Badges
Jul 12, 2011
  • Darkest Hour
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Semper Fi
Hi,

First of all if this is in the wrong place or there is already another thread (I couldn't find one) I'm sorry. I was wondering if Dies Irae Gotterdammerung/stars and stripes are worth getting in your own opinion. Also on a side note are there any problems that are associated with them?

Thank you very much for your help in advance!

Yup!

Totally worth getting if you're in to the single player and want to do a German or US campaign

They add butt-tons of flavor, units and functionality, and Devil Dread continues to support them through patches and expansion packs

I have both, and FTM and GTD doesnt work for me, i *think* its only Semper Fi compatible. S&S on the other hand is FTM compatable, and very cool. Its US only, but it changes the map, the UI (the way it looks), reworks the tech tree, gives you all sorts of new units like the US Marine Corps and more US themed stuff. Plus decisions and events custom to the US. If you dont like playing the United states than S&S is not for you. I imagine GTD is the same way, but without the FTM features.

So are these a kind of mod and not an official DLC?

DIG works with FTM 3.05. It took some doing, but i got it up and going, with the Waffen SS mod. Much better game, unique German units, and the AI is better too (for the most part).

DI:G is bascially the only SP version of FTM worth playing imo so get it.

I think it is largely a matter of preference.
I like my FTM 3.6 vanilla better than DI:G because DevilDread added a buttload of stuff but not all makes sense or was thought through.
Only thing i miss is the Assault gun.