• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oh Order, you poor fool.

Oh Order...:blink: He's gonna have to pull something great in the next couple rounds, or Chaos is gonna have to be annexed in the next couple rounds too.

Wow, poor Order :(

Lucky, bastardly Chaos!

A lot of sympathy for Order, I'm guessing. Just a hunch. ;)

Something to consider: should Order throw in the towel at some point, or should he go on knowing he'll probably lose? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

A lot of sympathy for Order, I'm guessing. Just a hunch. ;)

Something to consider: should Order throw in the towel at some point, or should he go on knowing he'll probably lose? I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Would Order as an entity actually make things terribly chaotic by changing everything?
Hmm...

Death replaces Order. Clean slate. Only option.

I probably wouldn't do this. I've briefly considered doing an entire AAR focused around Death, since I think he's underused, and I might consider it again in the future. Since the centerpiece of this AAR is the second bet between Chaos and Order, I don't think it makes sense to throw the baby out with the bathwater, so to speak.

Would Order as an entity actually make things terribly chaotic by changing everything?
Hmm...

An excellent existential question.

Since you've all given up, Rob lies every other question he's asked. :) Go back and read the update again, it should make a lot more sense.

I finished playing as the USA, and yeah, the bet is pretty much settled. It would take one of two things for Order to come back at this point: 1) he gets a Westernizing China right before it actually Westernizes or 2) Chaos gets a succession of OPMs that completely tank his score. Order is getting the Russian Empire next, but the AI has kindly sphered nearly every significant country nearby, so conquest won't really happen.

The bet is kind of the raison d'etre for this AAR; I could easily call it complete at this point and start a new AAR. I've already got the ending planned out. However, that's not entirely fair to those of you who have followed this from the beginning. So, I'd like to see what everybody thinks. Please choose from the following options (and bold your vote!).

1. Call it an AAR, provide an ending, and start a new one. I don't have any brilliant ideas for a new AAR at the moment, so I'd likely have a poll for that as well.
2. Give Order every country until such time as the scores equalize, then revert to the previous system.
3. Option 1, but handsoff the rest of the game so we can see how messed up the world is at the end.
4. Some sort of deus ex machina where Order gets double points or something.

I'd like everybody to vote, including lurkers (you know who you are!). Voting will go until next Tuesday at 10 PM (-6 GMT). If things are looking one sided before then, I'll call it earlier.

1 - It has been a great ride, but I kinda miss Daniel to keep Chaos Insane.

Option 3

Option 4
Lets give order a chance
(Subscribed)

I'd say 1, simply because V2 doesn't have that random aspect to it that made the other one as funny. V2 in comparison to EU3? Entirely predictable.

Current poll
Option 1 (Call it an AAR): 4
Option 2 (Order gets every country): 0
Option 3 (1 + Hands off): 3
Option 4 (Deus ex machina): 2

Keep the votes coming!

option 3. I want to see how it ends.
However, next time, you could use a mod, like... OOT for EU3, to provide a substantial amount of fuel for the mystic?

When we are discussing the next installment, how about former-my mod - Divergences for AHD? You know, alt-reality would quite fit into your lore (Chaos and such ;) ).

Option 3.

Option 3. I loved this series, but it just doesn't have the same charm as the original -- I find myself glazing over entire parts of it. It doesn't hold as much fun as Novum Romanum, or We The People, or Restoration.